branded oil is a quality oil?

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
I use Liqui Moly and hope it does not contain cooking oil or any cleaning agents.:idea:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I use Liqui Moly and hope it does not contain cooking oil or any cleaning agents.:idea:
Cleaning detergents good ma, my dip stick use to have lots of spots, after that use chemlube, is real clean now.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
original oil is quality oil, careful with the ciplak oil in our market

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not Proton. HAHAHAHAHAHA 20W50 fark my life.
Good for older engine. This viscosity of yesteryear...hahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

To keep it really simple, if you find it on American Petroleum Institute and the API rating meets or exceeds the API rating required by your owner's manual, you're fine. If it is below or it doesn't show up in American Petroleum Institute you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Motul, Mobil 1, Castrol, Petronas (yes Petronas), Shell, Total, Eneos are all safe choices, just make sure you check the rating meets what your owner's manual require. Modern cars are now going lighter in viscosity. 0w30 seems to be the rage for modern engines, and some even going to 0w20.
Yup, agree. Only the popular ones scare got fake or imitation only....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Good for older engine. This viscosity of yesteryear...hahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Yup, agree. Only the popular ones scare got fake or imitation only....:banghead:
So like those Lexus FS and Bardahl that cost cheaper than manufacture price could be low quality or fake? RM90 for each. Where they are selling RM140 each.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So like those Lexus FS and Bardahl that cost cheaper than manufacture price could be low quality or fake? RM90 for each. Where they are selling RM140 each.
Those at that price are group 3 FS. As far as I know the expensive ones are just overpriced for profit...:driver:
For example Shell Helix, Mobil and Castrol Edge are sold at RM200 plus, why then Tesco can sell at RM150?
If source from EU is cheap, then how can source from here is more expensive?
Why are cars from overseas cheaper then ours?:hmmmm:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Those at that price are group 3 FS. As far as I know the expensive ones are just overpriced for profit...:driver:
For example Shell Helix, Mobil and Castrol Edge are sold at RM200 plus, why then Tesco can sell at RM150?
If source from EU is cheap, then how can source from here is more expensive?
Why are cars from overseas cheaper then ours?:hmmmm:
So is safe to use from sparepart shops while the manufacturer price is higher? Sometimes I just think that could be bulk buy that's why they can sell cheap.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
So is safe to use from sparepart shops while the manufacturer price is higher? Sometimes I just think that could be bulk buy that's why they can sell cheap.
ya loorr bulk orders must be, they order 1 full contenna vs your 1 full box, sure cannot compete, if Tesco were to held a warehouse sale, bet Total SS Energy 7000 from 100+, (previous sale @ 89.00) current sale 69.90 can get @ 50 bucks maybe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ya loorr bulk orders must be, they order 1 full contenna vs your 1 full box, sure cannot compete, if Tesco were to held a warehouse sale, bet Total SS Energy 7000 from 100+, (previous sale @ 89.00) current sale 69.90 can get @ 50 bucks maybe
Let Tesco make a bit lah!, if not we cannot get cheap oil too......:biggrin:

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Have anyone heard about engine oil can go for
150,000 KM?
Can it be use?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Have anyone heard about engine oil can go for
150,000 KM?
Can it be use?

which oil? used mcdonald cooking oil or JTX? :hmmmm:

Taken from Mobil 1 website : Mobil 1™ Extended Performance is good for 15,000 miles or one year under normal operating conditions.
(but they say you MUST follow your vehicle manufacturer recommendation)
which means you MUST follow your engine OCI not the engine oil..

Thats only around 24,000km..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
which oil? used mcdonald cooking oil or JTX? :hmmmm:

Taken from Mobil 1 website : Mobil 1™ Extended Performance is good for 15,000 miles or one year under normal operating conditions.

(but they say you MUST follow your vehicle manufacturer recommendation)

which means you MUST follow your engine OCI not the engine oil..

Thats only around 24,000km..

what a joke JTX has became ahhahahahahahaha :laugh:

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
By the size of the cock that fits in the seller's mouth.

For example, JTX 1000 GOLD
Menjimatkan petrol 10%-20%, Meningkatkan kuasa enjin 20%-30%, Memanjangkan jangka hayat enjin

If it can increase engine power by 20%... why the fuck I go and turbocharge my boat? I must be stupid right? :stupid:

Proton Campro CFE only manage to increase HP by 25% over a normal Campro. No wonder Proton so damn sohai, they should have just poured JTX in!

Feel free to entertain yourself with the rubbish here
World's Best Lubricants jtx1000 Motor oil
The funniest claim I've seen by JTX sellers is that there's no "chemicals" in the oil. Must be made of pure crude oil then!

QUALITY means it can protect your engine just like mobil 1. i consider Mobil 1 as a quality standard.

How do you define quality?

Cleaning detergent is not good for engine for long term use. Is that true?
If you have to ask about cleaning detergents like that, you obviously know nothing about engine oils :hmmmm:

Engine oils are made of base oils, detergents, friction modifiers, heat dissipants, etc. The purpose of engine oil isn't just for "protecting" your engine. It lubricates, dissipates heat, cleans the engine of varnish / sludge / carbon (some extent) and all that. So if your oil has no detergents it's pretty useless. If you don't know what varnish, please go read up about it first.

To me a quality oil is one that keeps my engine clean, keeps my engine cool and keeps it running smoothly without breaking down too quickly.

I agree with this. especially big workshop, oil company sponsor them many things include the sign board. They should only promote their oil is the best. I even came across a branded car accessories
shop in Jusco, they put many brand oil in their shop, at least 12 brand. Their sales person will only promote the most profitable oil, what the rest of 11 brand. They company is purposely put all the brand oil there, it keep it and don't want to sell. So they customer will see those oil bottle is dirty with full of dust. They just want to create a picture to the customer, their high profitable oil is the most sellerble oil.
It doesn't mean other brand oil is not good. This is strategy how business man play dirty trick.
This isn't called dirty tricks. It's called business. There's no such shop that'll sell brands that they don't carry.

Not Proton. HAHAHAHAHAHA 20W50 fark my life.
Actually, I'm wondering why you're using such a thick oil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience