what daihatsu engine suitable for race/time attack??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
in my opinion ,the K3VET is more durable , it can be tuned to produce 200-300whp range easily as it is a 1.3L .

Just my 2 cents .
So it means YRV Turbo is also PnP in Kancil? Engine Mounting no need to mod?
Yours is just a track car or legal for street use as well bro?

Below 200hp for a kancil is actually very fast already. More than that has to be only suitable for drag races on track.

AE101 coupe is nice but too rare to find one. But if I have the normal Corolla SEG AE101, maybe I'll attempt something crazy like trying to convert the front into AE101 Levin/Sprinter Trueno head. But JPJ might hunt me down for that. :biggrin:

She does seemed to know a few things about cars which surprised me when I discovered it. Example would be, she know about turbo cars having that BOV sound and also turbo timer is needed in turbo cars. She even knew that my Wira 4G15 is using Mitsubishi ECU.

Kancil stock is like same with those on learning center. Those L licence training car. :biggrin:

BTW, remember that flamethrower Kancil pic I posted and that 8000 rpm Kancil? :biggrin:

Your son too big sized? Hope you don't mind me asking.

My mother said she heard those from friends and some from my father.
SEGs I think so far I never heard problems with them converting to levin bumper or so. Had a friend who did that conversion for the front only. That day at car mart, we saw one very well maintained with new paint SEG at Car Mart. Selling at only RM14K but AT. Inside not sure is stock or blacktop but the car is super clean and good condition. Very tempting to get it. Black Gray Metallic.

Your mum might tell you 1 day that she was actually crowned as champion few times on track day races like Leona Chin back in those days :rofl:

Ya learning school type of kancil. But now lots also using Viva.

Vr2turbo's son very big size. His shoe alone can cover more than your face :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
On a side tangent, it's not the car that decides the time for TTA, it's the driver! I mean, look at sifu fstrader @ fstr @ fred. The fella 3-speed manual wira and completely terrorized the GRA scene with it

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your son too big sized? Hope you don't mind me asking.

My mother said she heard those from friends and some from my father.
Yup, Big and tall too.

At least she understand and remembers....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Vr2turbo's family are all giants. Except the wife. She's my height (172cm). The rest are all taller than me with the son being at least 2-3 heads taller than me.

Fuh.. mom knows Mitsubishi ECU. Next thing you know she'll suddenly let slip "In my day, everyone tuned carbs...." :biggrin:
My wife at your height actually considered tall for a lady....hahaha:biggrin:

hmmm... so in future my wife can tell my kids, she grind valves before (help dad in law who was a mechanic)....:biggrin::biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Vr2turbo's family are all giants. Except the wife. She's my height (172cm). The rest are all taller than me with the son being at least 2-3 heads taller than me.

Fuh.. mom knows Mitsubishi ECU. Next thing you know she'll suddenly let slip "In my day, everyone tuned carbs...." :biggrin:
That's why he needs the powerful engine in the VR to fetch all of them. :biggrin:

It surprised me when I told her about the MMC ECU and she said she knew about it. She even said newer ECU have power loss compared to MMC.

So it means YRV Turbo is also PnP in Kancil? Engine Mounting no need to mod?
Yours is just a track car or legal for street use as well bro?

Below 200hp for a kancil is actually very fast already. More than that has to be only suitable for drag races on track.

SEGs I think so far I never heard problems with them converting to levin bumper or so. Had a friend who did that conversion for the front only. That day at car mart, we saw one very well maintained with new paint SEG at Car Mart. Selling at only RM14K but AT. Inside not sure is stock or blacktop but the car is super clean and good condition. Very tempting to get it. Black Gray Metallic.

Your mum might tell you 1 day that she was actually crowned as champion few times on track day races like Leona Chin back in those days :rofl:

Ya learning school type of kancil. But now lots also using Viva.

Vr2turbo's son very big size. His shoe alone can cover more than your face :rofl:
I mean more than converting bumpers. Convert the front grill and lights as well. Don't know whether is that okay or not. Like the case of Wira convert Evo 1,2,3 front.

I'd be very much surprised if my mum said something like that. My Wira was used to be driven by her when the car was just bought. Yeah, manual and she drove it for many years. Another thing is, my mum's sister (my aunt) who lives with me also drives a manual Myvi. She tell me manual got more power and easier to overtake cars. :adore: What I can say is, my aunt who is not young anymore still drives a manual Myvi but majority of the students around my uni drives auto Myvi. :banghead:

On a side tangent, it's not the car that decides the time for TTA, it's the driver! I mean, look at sifu fstrader @ fstr @ fred. The fella 3-speed manual wira and completely terrorized the GRA scene with it
3 Speed auto but use it like 3 speed manual. Lately still using 4 speed Alza for drag race. :adore:

Yup, Big and tall too.

At least she understand and remembers....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

My wife at your height actually considered tall for a lady....hahaha:biggrin:

hmmm... so in future my wife can tell my kids, she grind valves before (help dad in law who was a mechanic)....:biggrin::biggrin:

Maybe older generations people knows more about cars compared to those younger generations now.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why he needs the powerful engine in the VR to fetch all of them. :biggrin:

It surprised me when I told her about the MMC ECU and she said she knew about it. She even said newer ECU have power loss compared to MMC.

I mean more than converting bumpers. Convert the front grill and lights as well. Don't know whether is that okay or not. Like the case of Wira convert Evo 1,2,3 front.

I'd be very much surprised if my mum said something like that. My Wira was used to be driven by her when the car was just bought. Yeah, manual and she drove it for many years. Another thing is, my mum's sister (my aunt) who lives with me also drives a manual Myvi. She tell me manual got more power and easier to overtake cars. :adore: What I can say is, my aunt who is not young anymore still drives a manual Myvi but majority of the students around my uni drives auto Myvi. :banghead:

3 Speed auto but use it like 3 speed manual. Lately still using 4 speed Alza for drag race. :adore:

Maybe older generations people knows more about cars compared to those younger generations now.
Ya i know what u mean, smoke headlights and etcs. I think seen before. It doesn't differ too much from the ori SEG looks. To me looks better. Rear normally untouched. They usually only mod the front for facelift.

I think either your mum or your dad use to play cars during their younger days. Maybe they just don't want u to know. Come to think of them afraid that you will race, kinda make me feel suspicious :rofl:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok after that statement I know she just listening to what people say and repeating it to you. Power loss compared to MMC? Says who la?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
for example the sgti 1999-early 2001 model was using MMC ecu, no speed/rev cut, can add on emanage, batch after late 2001-2003 comes with siemens ecu with speed/rev cut & cannot use emanage.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like many if they were to be asked to re park a manual car they will refuse, because forgot how to drive them....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like many if they were to be asked to re park a manual car they will refuse, because forgot how to drive them....:biggrin:
Seems like referring to someone familiar :hmmmm2:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya i know what u mean, smoke headlights and etcs. I think seen before. It doesn't differ too much from the ori SEG looks. To me looks better. Rear normally untouched. They usually only mod the front for facelift.

I think either your mum or your dad use to play cars during their younger days. Maybe they just don't want u to know. Come to think of them afraid that you will race, kinda make me feel suspicious :rofl:
Looks quite different for the coupe version. Like this

Or even better if can do this front convert. Got sports car style.

For my mum, I'm not too sure whether did she play with cars or not. For my dad, I think he did. My mum mentioned that my dad had owned several different types of cars before during his youth. I wish I can do that too.

Ok after that statement I know she just listening to what people say and repeating it to you. Power loss compared to MMC? Says who la?
Sorry, I dint mean any offence to you... I know VDO got ECU to play with also.

for example the sgti 1999-early 2001 model was using MMC ecu, no speed/rev cut, can add on emanage, batch after late 2001-2003 comes with siemens ecu with speed/rev cut & cannot use emanage.
VDO ECU got speed cut?

Seems like referring to someone familiar :hmmmm2:
Don't tell me it is .......

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The Levin Coupe is nice. But i find one more coupe nicer and rare. Not available here. Also known as ST206 & ST207. Not called as Toyota Celica though but actually I think is the continuation of the Celica ST series.

The Toyota Curren. Rear design is similar to the Celica brothers. Front is even nicer than the Levin Coupe.

Anyway, we should start a new thread on this. Alignment and Camber lari kaw kaw adi. :dontknow:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

will we get better handling with the anti roll bar connect to absorber?
or connect to lower arm bar better? :huh:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience