what daihatsu engine suitable for race/time attack??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I did once suggested to get Kancil Turbo before I got back Wira. The first thing my mother said is, "You want get a car with swapped engine? Later inside there got wiring short circuit and burn your car then you know". Because there is once she saw a Kancil turbo caught fire by the road side. Plus if they know that car has a turbo, that's enough to go against me already. They'll think I'll go racing with that car or perhaps revving around the streets to demo the BOV sound. :rofl:
No la, get a normal one 1st since you also don't speed one. Kancil can definitely make you drive at 60-80km/h :rofl:

Later after school and finish studies only mod also can. Car burnt, can be many reasons la.
Is like one plane went missing then in future doesn't mean everyone will still be afraid to get on the plane ma :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
No la, get a normal one 1st since you also don't speed one. Kancil can definitely make you drive at 60-80km/h :rofl:

Later after school and finish studies only mod also can. Car burnt, can be many reasons la.
Is like one plane went missing then in future doesn't mean everyone will still be afraid to get on the plane ma :rofl:
Now already familiar with Wira and I liked the power even though it is stock. I din't speed but occasionally I accelerate on 1st or 2nd gear until over 5000rpm. :biggrin:

Finish study that time, I'll be eyeing something else maybe. Thinking of AE101 or Civic EG or EK. Either Blacktop 20 Valve or B16A/B16B or B18C/B18C Type R. But all these is still a long way to go.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now already familiar with Wira and I liked the power even though it is stock. I din't speed but occasionally I accelerate on 1st or 2nd gear until over 5000rpm. :biggrin:

Finish study that time, I'll be eyeing something else maybe. Thinking of AE101 or Civic EG or EK. Either Blacktop 20 Valve or B16A/B16B or B18C/B18C Type R. But all these is still a long way to go.
blacktop would be a good start. EG or EK thief magnet.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
blacktop would be a good start. EG or EK thief magnet.
The good thing about EG and EK would be their handling. Double wishbone suspension some more... Nice VTEC sound as well. The downside would be thief magnet and they are also more expensive than their Toyota counterparts.

Still, 4A-GE 20V got 4 independent throttle body to play with which also gives them a unique engine sound. And AE101 has that unassuming sleeper car look. Can be used to scare other cars. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The good thing about EG and EK would be their handling. Double wishbone suspension some more... Nice VTEC sound as well. The downside would be thief magnet and they are also more expensive than their Toyota counterparts.

Still, 4A-GE 20V got 4 independent throttle body to play with which also gives them a unique engine sound. And AE101 has that unassuming sleeper car look. Can be used to scare other cars. :biggrin:
Get the AE101 Coupe. Nicer :smile:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did once suggested to get Kancil Turbo before I got back Wira. The first thing my mother said is, "You want get a car with swapped engine? Later inside there got wiring short circuit and burn your car then you know". Because there is once she saw a Kancil turbo caught fire by the road side. Plus if they know that car has a turbo, that's enough to go against me already. They'll think I'll go racing with that car or perhaps revving around the streets to demo the BOV sound. :rofl:
Your mom knowledge on cars no joke woh!....:adore:

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Get normal kancil? I will drive the Wira anytime.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

For you sure la, u will be too big for the car :rofl:

Also I will choose wira over kancil if stock vs stock.
Cuz I don't plan to keep it stock :rofl:
Beh tahan the power.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
but L2 have these problems

1. temperature rising when drive hard. but this is refering to stock radiator. some say need to mate with 1000cc block to make it more durable to heat.

2. boost cut is at 0.9 bar. need stand alone to remove. but some say it can be hacked by doing some re-wiring or cheat the map sensor.

L5/L7 (EF-DET)have this advantage

1. more torque even in stock form than L2

2. pnp with 1000cc block.

3. no temperature problem like L2

4. boost cut at 1.3 bar if i'm not mistaken..

correct me if im wrong..

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

if u say L5, L5 have few model of engines such as EF-JL (3 cylinder SOHC with more electronics than L2), EF-RL (3 cylinder DOHC) and JB-JL (4 cylinder DOHC)
The 0.9 bar boost limit on EF-DET can be eliminated by adding a resistor between the MAP sensor wiring & ecu , but of course u ill need at least a piggyback like Emanage Blue to keep the AFR spot on as the stock ECU only saw 0.9 bar of boost but the reality is it already running at over 0.9 .

I been played with a EF-DET with 1.0 block & stroke to give it a 1L capacity ,ori is just 660 so after installing a TD05 it is laggy so it crying for a increase in displacement ... but in the end i switched to YRV as EF-DET have limitation as its only a 3-cylinder , running at 1.5 bar of boost only get me around 160whp @20Kgm of torque before the gearbox gave up ...

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
id get dat k3ve
if talking about K3 series, K3ve2 is faster than K3ve..

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

thanks bro wilson13b. i'm sure i make ur statement here as my guidance.. 150whp for a kancil is already fast but since its a car for time attack, once i upgrade to 1L engine i have to race with K3vet. and keicar scene at selangor recently, few kelisa here with K3vet using sequential dog box.. and they are shit fast..

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if talking about K3 series, K3ve2 is faster than K3ve..

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

thanks bro wilson13b. i'm sure i make ur statement here as my guidance.. 150whp for a kancil is already fast but since its a car for time attack, once i upgrade to 1L engine i have to race with K3vet. and keicar scene at selangor recently, few kelisa here with K3vet using sequential dog box.. and they are shit fast..
in my opinion ,the K3VET is more durable , it can be tuned to produce 200-300whp range easily as it is a 1.3L .

Just my 2 cents .

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Get the AE101 Coupe. Nicer :smile:
AE101 coupe is nice but too rare to find one. But if I have the normal Corolla SEG AE101, maybe I'll attempt something crazy like trying to convert the front into AE101 Levin/Sprinter Trueno head. But JPJ might hunt me down for that. :biggrin:

She does seemed to know a few things about cars which surprised me when I discovered it. Example would be, she know about turbo cars having that BOV sound and also turbo timer is needed in turbo cars. She even knew that my Wira 4G15 is using Mitsubishi ECU.

Beh tahan the power.
Kancil stock is like same with those on learning center. Those L licence training car. :biggrin:

BTW, remember that flamethrower Kancil pic I posted and that 8000 rpm Kancil? :biggrin:

in my opinion ,the K3VET is more durable , it can be tuned to produce 200-300whp range easily as it is a 1.3L .

Just my 2 cents .
But K3-VET suffers from it's 4 speed auto... Unable to fully put all the power into good use unlike how a manual do.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Beh tahan the power.
I only know if my son drive I don't think I can go in also....hahahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

She does seemed to know a few things about cars which surprised me when I discovered it. Example would be, she know about turbo cars having that BOV sound and also turbo timer is needed in turbo cars. She even knew that my Wira 4G15 is using Mitsubishi ECU.
That is very good already....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I only know if my son drive I don't think I can go in also....hahahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

That is very good already....
Your son too big sized? Hope you don't mind me asking.

My mother said she heard those from friends and some from my father.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Vr2turbo's family are all giants. Except the wife. She's my height (172cm). The rest are all taller than me with the son being at least 2-3 heads taller than me.

Fuh.. mom knows Mitsubishi ECU. Next thing you know she'll suddenly let slip "In my day, everyone tuned carbs...." :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience