ATF Temperature Sensor Install

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys. I am getting an ATF cooler for my Persona, sourced and gonna by it. Been wanting it since the first year of ownership.
Because whenever I go over 4000rpm during a hot day, it will rev another 200rpm just to change from 3 to 4. Not sure torque converter is slipping or the gears are.

Now, I was thinking during the process of fitting the ATF cooler, I wanna install ATF Temp Sensor simultaneously. Found a few on eBay, free shipping as well.

I am hoping not to drill my oem magnetic ATF sump nut. And drilling my ATF pan is out of the question as it is 10+ bolts away and very hard to reach.

Later on, I will do coolant temp as well but I got that figured it out.

These are ranging from -50C to 125C which is good enough, max is 150C.

If there are any cheaper or equivalent alternatives, please do say so.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let me have a look at what the ATF sensor looks like. Maybe can retrofit onto the cooler itself.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think if you can find an adaptor you probably could hook it up to the output hose of the gearbox. Or just buy another size 14/17 bolt with the same thread and drill it la.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think if you can find an adaptor you probably could hook it up to the output hose of the gearbox. Or just buy another size 14/17 bolt with the same thread and drill it la.
Like this?

in the picture doesn't look like the tubing have any thread on it. can opt for this type

Heat & Oil Resistant Cable Glands
Bro, I don't quite understand this but I know some sensor act as the plug.
But idk how to find it. Do u know what its called?

Btw, anyone knows whats an ATF hose size? Or specifically Persona autobox

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Haha I like numbers lah. I wanna monitor it. Its a self-satisfaction to know how my car performs.

if all hardcore, should have install a cooling fan for the ATF cooler.....Sure WOW factor one....:adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if all hardcore, should have install a cooling fan for the ATF cooler.....Sure WOW factor one....:adore:
If fit fan, then need the temperature gauge as over cool also not good....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Where it is fitted will show different temperature, right?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Cooling fan is too much for me. Too cooling later shifting also shit.
Natural air cool is enough for me.

If fit fan, then need the temperature gauge as over cool also not good....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Where it is fitted will show different temperature, right?
Yeap. They usually put at the pan.
Im thinking of putting before the cooler. Just like coolant temp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience