Help - Puspakom Gagal

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
Some shops are good enough have a Sirim test report for their tints. It will verify the level of tinting, so you don't just have to take their word for it.
But some windscreens already have a certain level of tinting/uv protection built into the glass which cuts down on vlt, so you have to take that into account.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I think puspakom officers will get bonus points if they fail a car

But don't take my word for it :biggrin:

Make ur car as close to stock/standard as possible

Make sure ur brakes , tyres n suspension in good condition too

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think puspakom officers will get bonus points if they fail a car

But don't take my word for it :biggrin:

Make ur car as close to stock/standard as possible

Make sure ur brakes , tyres n suspension in good condition too
retro fitted big brakes, bigger rim, wider tyre, ori exhaust 1.5", my exhaust 2.3", open pod air filter, big ass intercooler in front.

lepas.

like i said, play by the rules, you break the rules you sure fail. your car stock new from dealer but dark tinting, fail. new car from Perodua but you go pasang HID, also fail. guaranteed.

all the cerita about kena fail is spread by runners so they can cari makan. RM400 to do inspection? they pay puspakom rm60 only.

Why they always say tinting sure fail and must tear? Because they don't know your tinting pass or fail, so they just tear it to be safe. you pay them RM400 to "settle". if fail, they have to tear and go queue and pay another RM60. might as well just ask you to tear upfront. that is the TRUTH.

grrr

Known Member
Jul 16, 2009
SELANGOR/KL
A story to share. I went to puspakom for inspection, selling car off. I've removed all tints but for windscreen as It was so clear & high grade one-claimed 99% heat rejection. So didnt tear off, sayang duit & new owner can use it as well.
But it failed, I was like "it is true?" You cant even notice the windscreen had a tint, it was so clear.
Damn, I need to go back for 2nd inspection, wasting my time. From that day onward, I will surely tear off all my tint for puspakom inspection, no matter how clear the tints are. Maybe it due to the 99% heat rejection? I hve no idea. Has anyone came across situation like this before?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
retro fitted big brakes, bigger rim, wider tyre, ori exhaust 1.5", my exhaust 2.3", open pod air filter, big ass intercooler in front.

lepas.
Another story on brakes. My friend mod his Perdana V6 to 6A12TT and mod his brakes too but with High performance brake pads. He went to Puspakom for check, but long queue so wait. His turn came brakes were cold and they fail ask to change brake. He apply Puspakom check 2nd time but did nothing to his car. Before his turn came this time he drove around heat up his brakes first then test time pass....:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
A story to share. I went to puspakom for inspection, selling car off. I've removed all tints but for windscreen as It was so clear & high grade one-claimed 99% heat rejection. So didnt tear off, sayang duit & new owner can use it as well.
But it failed, I was like "it is true?" You cant even notice the windscreen had a tint, it was so clear.
Damn, I need to go back for 2nd inspection, wasting my time. From that day onward, I will surely tear off all my tint for puspakom inspection, no matter how clear the tints are. Maybe it due to the 99% heat rejection? I hve no idea. Has anyone came across situation like this before?
that's y I suggest to for for PMI, pay rm100 no hassle at all, when I sold my car PMI came to my hse costs rm130 I asked the officer do I need to tear my tint or not cos its 70% black color...he said wait he test it 1st....then he told me yeah gotta tear it...I ask can kautime anot he say cannot cos they need to take pic as proof....so I was like OK...went ahead to tear it off,

with my big ass piping & muffler still can lepas puspakom. PMI has higher chance of passing than bringing your car to the centre.

PMI - Puspakom Mobile Inspection - RM130.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
I've asked my friend that work as Puspakom Inspector. He told me NO tinted were allowed. Stock window glasses already 20-30% VLT. So even light tinted on front windscreen will failed the test. To make job easier, better tear of those tinted for Puspakom inspection.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've asked my friend that work as Puspakom Inspector. He told me NO tinted were allowed. Stock window glasses already 20-30% VLT. So even light tinted on front windscreen will failed the test. To make job easier, better tear of those tinted for Puspakom inspection.
So whatever tint, JPJ compliant or not will also fail......:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I send my car for puspakom inspection previously. Tint is confirmed JPJ compliant but not puspakom compliant. If fail can't claim.

So all my tints pass the test. Except for one which is the front passenger side. I have to tear it out...
I was like what? I said can you test again? I say is impossible that only one fail and the rest okay.

True that one exceed slightly a little. Sometimes i wonder their machine accurate or not one..:banghead:

So no choice, tear already only can leave...:banghead:

But my other tints all pass...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I send my car for puspakom inspection previously. Tint is confirmed JPJ compliant but not puspakom compliant. If fail can't claim.

So all my tints pass the test. Except for one which is the front passenger side. I have to tear it out...
I was like what? I said can you test again? I say is impossible that only one fail and the rest okay.

True that one exceed slightly a little. Sometimes i wonder their machine accurate or not one..:banghead:

So no choice, tear already only can leave...:banghead:

But my other tints all pass...
Same tints, right? you lucky he did not test that one first and ask you to remove all....:biggrin:

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
i did for my front windscreen however its just 1% across the line so that person kawtim, its just the side and the back need to remove since the glass itself already have 20% VLT (mybi lagi best)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For those thinking of trying your luck with Puspakom and tint - it's not worth the effort. Waking up early to queue, fill in forms and all that. You'll waste a good half morning doing this.

Unless you pay more for the mobile inspection unit. They are very on time. But that's still time spent.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For those thinking of trying your luck with Puspakom and tint - it's not worth the effort. Waking up early to queue, fill in forms and all that. You'll waste a good half morning doing this.

Unless you pay more for the mobile inspection unit. They are very on time. But that's still time spent.
Especially when fail got to redo the whole process, and pay again.....:banghead::banghead:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

id rather go for PMI though can come to your hse or office no need to waste halfday @ puspakom, if gagal then need to take another half day just to get it done. with PMI if gagal for eg: tint, they will immediately tell u to tear it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
id rather go for PMI though can come to your hse or office no need to waste halfday @ puspakom, if gagal then need to take another half day just to get it done. with PMI if gagal for eg: tint, they will immediately tell u to tear it.
Tear away then immediately pass?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mazda recently aired the upcoming Skyactiv technology that would be debut in their upcoming Mazda car line-up. The commercial showcases the upcoming all new 4 Cylinder Engines, New Chassis Designs and Manufacturing Methods and all new Skyactiv Transmissions. Check out the breath-taking video.

YouTube - ‪Mazda Skyactiv Technology TV Commercial Japan 2011.‬‏
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience