Need help on clicking noise!!!

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Hi bro... 20 valve does have tappets of coz. I think what u meant is it does not have rocker arm. I open it up to dissassemble and wash myself.

Where u get d price of new 850????!!! I got quoted 1.3k. So i forgo that option.

Anyways, to think of it, it sounds very much like valvetrain problem. My previous pulley makes noise but not this loud. I know d 20 sound, its just not this loud. And when i rev, d noise doesnt go away. It increases. The only confusing thing is why did the valve setting mess up? I changed the pulley. Didn't disturb the valve also.

Thanks bro. I will have my valve clearance checked. If its really the pulley, i might consider to change to adjustable.

Sent from my android using Tapatalk.
so let me get this right...you already done top overhaul...??sounds like you already did from my understanding... any parts change during the process...??

from what a read elsewhere... some 20v runners point out that valve adjusting shim also can be the culprit...it all seems legit because if you refer to toyodiy...there is practically a dozen sizes of shim available...

i can imagine shim knocking the valve lifter each time the cams rotates and causing the tick tick sound...amplify that with a worn vvt pulley...and diesel sound it is... lol

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
if u want i can get d vvt pulley for u.. juz add poslaju charge & i'll pos it for u :wink:

this is how to check your pulley..

How to replace a 4AGE 20 valve VVT pulley - YouTube
If only I know u have a pulley earlier I would have gotten it from you. Now I have installed mine and that's when the sound got louder. I did that wiring check on my old pulley last time. No changes in sound so my old pulley definitely kaput. Now with this new, louder pulley, I haven't done that test. Thank you for reminding me I'll check it.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

so let me get this right...you already done top overhaul...??sounds like you already did from my understanding... any parts change during the process...??

from what a read elsewhere... some 20v runners point out that valve adjusting shim also can be the culprit...it all seems legit because if you refer to toyodiy...there is practically a dozen sizes of shim available...

i can imagine shim knocking the valve lifter each time the cams rotates and causing the tick tick sound...amplify that with a worn vvt pulley...and diesel sound it is... lol
Did not top overhaul. I just disassembled it and gave it a good crazy wash. This is because all the parts seem quite new and there are little signs of wear and tear. I am also thinking its one of those valvetrain sounds. What i cannot understand is why did it go off all of a sudden? We never touched the valvetrain parts when changing the cam pulley.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Here.... I just cleaned the head. Did not replace any parts, did not top overhaul...

Before this, it was with dark oil and a little bit of oil deposits but generally good. You know la halfcut condition.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
If only I know u have a pulley earlier I would have gotten it from you. Now I have installed mine and that's when the sound got louder. I did that wiring check on my old pulley last time. No changes in sound so my old pulley definitely kaput. Now with this new, louder pulley, I haven't done that test. Thank you for reminding me I'll check it.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Did not top overhaul. I just disassembled it and gave it a good crazy wash. This is because all the parts seem quite new and there are little signs of wear and tear. I am also thinking its one of those valvetrain sounds. What i cannot understand is why did it go off all of a sudden? We never touched the valvetrain parts when changing the cam pulley.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Here.... I just cleaned the head. Did not replace any parts, did not top overhaul...

Before this, it was with dark oil and a little bit of oil deposits but generally good. You know la halfcut condition.

i think ur solenoid is not working too..

take out ur solenoid n test it outside.. if it doesn't do anything when u power it, it's broken

ur vvt pulley vibrates n i think d cam vibrates with it.. thus making it knocking all it touches.. n make d noise..

Last edited: