BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
My one use hot wire.so I presumed better I put pre turbo.at least no reverse flow can be detected when bov open.
Best is to put it where t's designed to... No presume. GM is also hot wire. But it works perfectly right before TB.

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
But the car originally was designed for na application
Make it simple which one is better for maf sensor location for turbo setup.Point 5 or point 1
Current kit is at point 5.im planning to put at point 1 where most of turbo application maf sensor at.
Any benefit or experience in term of reliability and tuning.

Dec 24, 2010
Miri/Sarawak
HI all,
Sorry if I hijack thread..hehe
I'm planninng to BOT for my kelisa EJ-DE engine and use emanage blue for EFI system. Is it possible?
I read emanage blue can't control "close loop" condition but then satri gti is on BOT. So Satri GTi should also have "close loop" condition. In this case if emanage can't control close loop, then my car will run lean with the BOT setup. Correct? Hope you guys can help. Thank you.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But the car originally was designed for na application
Make it simple which one is better for maf sensor location for turbo setup.Point 5 or point 1
Current kit is at point 5.im planning to put at point 1 where most of turbo application maf sensor at.
Any benefit or experience in term of reliability and tuning.

point 1 yes many oem (especially mitsubishi) use that location for their MAF....

but got 1 problem for that configuration....

is when u install aftermarket BOV that vented to open air....the engine would stalled/jerking a bit....

ahzai6188

Jul 29, 2013
miri
hi all the sifus, i'm new here. planning to bolt on my 4g92 sohc with a td05-16g turbo from evo2. is it too big for the engine? at how much rpm will i start getting boost? thanksss alot

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all the sifus, i'm new here. planning to bolt on my 4g92 sohc with a td05-16g turbo from evo2. is it too big for the engine? at how much rpm will i start getting boost? thanksss alot
Definite issue on turbo lag. Some more on SOHC engine where it does not match the turbo characteristic. SOHC run well on lower end rpm and the TD05 can tinker around even with with setup at 5k rpm full boost. Why not try something smaller like S256?
Running stock internal, you best bet is boosting below 0.7 bar.
Boost range can be set during tuning. With big turbo, you are looking at 2.5k rpm and above. Smaller
turbine maybe around 1.8k rpm.

ahzai6188

Jul 29, 2013
miri
Definite issue on turbo lag. Some more on SOHC engine where it does not match the turbo characteristic. SOHC run well on lower end rpm and the TD05 can tinker around even with with setup at 5k rpm full boost. Why not try something smaller like S256?
Running stock internal, you best bet is boosting below 0.7 bar.
Boost range can be set during tuning. With big turbo, you are looking at 2.5k rpm and above. Smaller
turbine maybe around 1.8k rpm.
thanks for the reply! i'm looking for td04. found one but the flange is diff, its triangular in shape. my manifold from gsr, flange is rectangular in shape. do i have to get a new manifold or can i custom made the flange to fit in the manifold? thanks again!

yeap, i'm planning to boost around 0.5 only. should be in safe zone. currently servicing the engine like change belt, make sure no leakage..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thanks for the reply! i'm looking for td04. found one but the flange is diff, its triangular in shape. my manifold from gsr, flange is rectangular in shape. do i have to get a new manifold or can i custom made the flange to fit in the manifold? thanks again!

yeap, i'm planning to boost around 0.5 only. should be in safe zone. currently servicing the engine like change belt, make sure no leakage..

then u should go for IHI rhf4 which came from smaller snail of subaru twin turbo engine..

IHI RHF 4 turbo L2 L5 L6 L9 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

the smalles ihi rhf4 was vf13 which is for 660cc engine...so my suggestion for 1.6 sohc can opt for vf14,vf18 ,vf20,vf21 to vf25 size....especially auto..need more torque on 2000-4500rpm instead of 3500rpm-6500rpm

Last edited:

ahzai6188

Jul 29, 2013
miri
then u should go for IHI rhf4 which came from smaller snail of subaru twin turbo engine..

IHI RHF 4 turbo L2 L5 L6 L9 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

the smalles ihi rhf4 was vf13 which is for 660cc engine...so my suggestion for 1.6 sohc can opt for vf14,vf18 ,vf20,vf21 to vf25 size....especially auto..need more torque on 2000-4500rpm instead of 3500rpm-6500rpm

alright, i'll try to look for that turbo. but currently i have one td04. is it too lag for my 1.6 engine?

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Hi folks
Not sure if i should open a new thread or just ask in here about BOV

Im new to turbo and my ride is currently in BOT project.
Im down to choosing the EWG and BOV.
Apparantly the tauke suggest me to go with imitation for now to test/feel power before upgrading to the real deal BOV anf EWG.

However im still hesitant on the imitation BOV. how bad are these compared to the original ones?
New fake SSQV and RZ are within rm130 while original is like rm800.
Im worried about compressor surge. Are they okay for at least few months run till i decided which original BOV i want to go with?

rgds

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Used original brands of bov is just 300-500, no point buying smth which is not reliable.

You can always sell off the ori brand bov in future if you plan to change to another brands.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi folks
Not sure if i should open a new thread or just ask in here about BOV

Im new to turbo and my ride is currently in BOT project.
Im down to choosing the EWG and BOV.
Apparantly the tauke suggest me to go with imitation for now to test/feel power before upgrading to the real deal BOV anf EWG.

However im still hesitant on the imitation BOV. how bad are these compared to the original ones?
New fake SSQV and RZ are within rm130 while original is like rm800.
Im worried about compressor surge. Are they okay for at least few months run till i decided which original BOV i want to go with?

rgds
saw mech' fren use faith bov, lastly do buy original bov, brand turbosmart fr australia. thats y i bought original, price rm750.

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
hi guys, just bolt on my 4g92 sohc. now planning to change injector size. any suggestions?
congrats

i just BOT'd my ZC. while it still have stock internals, i have walbro 255's and evo3 510cc injectors pushing T28 to 0.6bar.
big cc injector just gives more room. but dont go too big and only use half of its potential.
What kind of power and tune are you looking for?

p/s: ignore my senior, it just that i register long time ago. im no expert

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mother's car, sky blue coloured Proton Waja was stolen just an hour ago in front of my house. My housing area is Jalan SS7/18. Nearby Kelana Seafood, PKNS field, Kelana Jaya Stadium. No. plate WKD 5890. If seen or found, please contact me as soon as possible. Thanks! H/P no: 012-6694034 Melvin
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience