engine vibrating after installing middle bullet exhaust

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
It could be as simple as improper rubber mounting was used or improper installation.
The cat converter quite heavy.normally have 2 mounting/ear left right.if no rubber mounting was used the engine vibration transfered exessively to exhaust and to the chasis.ask shop to included some free play or better mouting.
Last time I experience too tight of rubber mounting bracket at exhaust.the vibration translate to chasis vibration.after put some free play ,chasis vibration improved.

hello all zth'ians. i have a problem the may need others respond..i have owned my satria neo about 3 years. time goes by and got married and poof,my wife getting pregnant. so after a while my wife complaint about our car exhaust getting louder..not suitable for having child. so i promised to her to change my car exhaust but i didnt..hahaha..i just install another middle bullet make it 3 bullet at the middle..so the problems is the exhaust shop install the middle bullet but they have cut the connector from the header..

old setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup-connector-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)..
new setup (engine-exhaust 421 setup- audi catalyct convertor (shop says)-2 inch middle bullet-spiral middle bullet-last exhaust)

they just welded from 421 exhaust with the "audi catalyct convertor"+2 inch middle bullet+spiral middle bullet..
the engine getting vibrate at low rpm with grind sound. so i have to step the clutch to make it quiet..can somebody help how can i resolve this problems..much appreciate if problem is resolve

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
actually, if you insist to have performance system to be install in your neo... but you wish to reduce noise, just stick to 1 middle bullet and get a rear muffler instead, throw out the bullet as muffler at the rear, because it will do no good if you keep installing /addon bullet

soemthing like this will make do you good...

I always really hope exhaust guy will start learn the proper to setup proper exhaust, in professional manner, not to just earn money.
the sound you mention probably just some poor workmanship as bullet from my experience hardly will have product defect... because is such a simple product...
hmm that means i have to buy new rear exhaust that are good in performance and low noise..:bawling:

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
after a long time, today i taken my car to the exhaust shop and ask the mech to fix the problem.i spend about rm400 to cut down all the middle bullet and make a new setup. i also ask the mech to do the straight piping because all three bullet length consume most all the place and not enough to do the s piping. the sound abit quiet and for driving about 100km/h the humming a bit loud. maybe i have to abandon the straight rear bullet with somthing quiet bullet...for all zthian how give opinion and advice to me.. i humbly says THANK YOU :biggrin: for the help...

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
U can Custom made exhaust silencer with rm100 or less.
can? ... how do i get it... my current bullet have silencer but it have broken.. so i have rewelded it but with a larger diameter of silencer..haha silly me

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
The exhaust muffler silencer can be customized in exhaust shop, not sure about the quality from wai yip exhaust all those la, but u can go to usj1 subang, along the road with the continental tyre shop, u can find a exhaust shop name JRCustomized.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently change from manual to auto and there is slight power lost, can upgrade or not that auto gearbox? like manual can change flywheel and clutch plate..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience