Pls Advise - Evo IV-IX using Toyota 2JZ-GTE Pistons

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Guys,
hoping for someone who can share some experience on Evo IV-IX using Toyota 2JZ-GTE Pistons.

What should be done on a 2.3L motor as the stroke is 12mm higher compare to 2.0L standard stroke of 88mm?

Please kindly share the machining shop who experience on modding the 2jz-gte pistons onto a Evo conrods of 150mm length.

Thank you.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
im not sure about the conrod. but i know that 2jz or 1jz piston is a semi forged.. so heard it can withstand quite high boost. correct if im wrong..

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi 4gbanger, theoretically yes but im hoping to get some info on how and where to send for the matching of 2JZ pistons and 150mm rods.

norick

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
hi james, its me.. hyundai evo.. bought rotor from u last time..
My prev setting was using 2j piston pair with std evo conrod, (by prev engine owner)
the top piston position was left a un-reached mark about 6mm +/- on the cylinder wall..

Result? always no power untill boost...
Just to share some info, but sorry that i cant cure ur problem..

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
hi james, its me.. hyundai evo.. bought rotor from u last time..
My prev setting was using 2j piston pair with std evo conrod, (by prev engine owner)
the top piston position was left a un-reached mark about 6mm +/- on the cylinder wall..

Result? always no power untill boost...
Just to share some info, but sorry that i cant cure ur problem..
Hi Norick, long time no see man...How's thing? R u still in digital printing or designing trade?

Actually, just want to get more info about such combination as i know there's some Evo owners are using such setup on their 2.3L motor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Vios Challenge is set to commence in Johor as the season enters its 3rd round with plenty of points still up for grabs and no obvious dominator judging from current point standings. The upcoming round will be an explosive one when the flag drops on 19th and 20th January 2018 at the new urban township circuit provided by venue partner Medini City, Iskandar Puteri...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience