K3-VET Horsepower/Torque figure ...

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just finished the transplant of K3-VETR from a YRV Turbo R into my Myvi 1.5 , also just finished all the supporting mods like FMIC,Fuel Pump,Sard Fuel Regulator,TurboSmart Boost Controller,full turbo back 2" exhaust & Emanage Blue/M7 Em-Con ... Turbo&all other stuff are still stock .

Ready for Dyno tune ...

What figure should i expect of a stock YRV Turbo & with all the supporting mod i've done ?

Target boost is around 0.9-1Bar Kg/Cm

Thanks for any advice =)

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
peak ~146bhp on wheel. and you should have did a bolt on turbo on the 1.5L 3SZ-VE instead of swapping a YRV in. Where you did the swap?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
My fren's myvi got 140whp at 1.2bar on dynojet.

Stock engine, no fmic..only emanage and ebc.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Just finished the transplant of K3-VETR from a YRV Turbo R into my Myvi 1.5 , also just finished all the supporting mods like FMIC,Fuel Pump,Sard Fuel Regulator,TurboSmart Boost Controller,full turbo back 2" exhaust & Emanage Blue/M7 Em-Con ... Turbo&all other stuff are still stock .

Ready for Dyno tune ...

What figure should i expect of a stock YRV Turbo & with all the supporting mod i've done ?

Target boost is around 0.9-1Bar Kg/Cm

Thanks for any advice =)
You should be expecting around 140+- whp ;) as the stock YRV turbine is not that big so there's limitation on its power ;)

peak ~146bhp on wheel. and you should have did a bolt on turbo on the 1.5L 3SZ-VE instead of swapping a YRV in. Where you did the swap?
The internals of the 1.5 3SZ-VE is known to be incompetent in handling high boost, so most user who is looking for more power would consider transplant K3-VET more than BOT on the existing 1.5 engine ;)

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The 3SZ-VE have blow apart , guess the tuning of the E-Manage wasn't so right , conrod exit's block so no choice but to replace with a YRV Turbo

Did the swap at a workshop at TTDI

My fren's myvi got 140whp at 1.2bar on dynojet.

Stock engine, no fmic..only emanage and ebc.
Wow ... out of my expectation , i ny expect around 120-130whp with my current setup ...

But the boost controller is a Mechanical one from Turbosmart , not a EBC .

So the stock setup "the turbine,fuel system" can support 1.2 Bar ?

Whats the max boost i can run with the stock turbine & injectors ?

Thanks bro for providing the info , really appreciate it =)

You should be expecting around 140+- whp ;) as the stock YRV turbine is not that big so there's limitation on its power ;)

The internals of the 1.5 3SZ-VE is known to be incompetent in handling high boost, so most user who is looking for more power would consider transplant K3-VET more than BOT on the existing 1.5 engine ;)
Yup , agree with u on the 3SZ-VE BOT , it's a high compression engine somemore , as this is my DD i cant accept for the reliability issue .

I does not hunt for big peak figure ,i didnt wanna replace the turbo also because its my DD , i am more towards low to mid end torque .

However if happens that my turbine has gone in the future , i might consider a Garett AR48 , could this make the engine more laggy?

Thanks for the advice

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
TTDI? May I know the shop name? Always pass by there. Is it the one behind PizzaHut and Maxis?
Nope ... err it's abit hard to explain as it is in a Malay Kampung area near sungai Penchala

Just a workshop specialized in K3-VE2 or K3-VET swap run by few malay guys ... their work was quite good .

If u need their info ,let me know , i ill pm their contact to you =)

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Wow ... out of my expectation , i ny expect around 120-130whp with my current setup ...

His turbine and injectors are all stock, just tuned up with emanage..Thomas said 1-1.1bar max bcos 1.2bar starts to blow hot air ade thus not making anymore power.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

His turbine and injectors are all stock, just tuned up with emanage..Thomas said 1-1.1bar max bcos 1.2bar starts to blow hot air ade thus not making anymore power.
I see , your friend did the Dyno Tune at GT Auto ...

How much they charge for the dynotune ?

Thanks again for the info =)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You mean the stock NA compression piston and the longer conrods? Yes, it is not designed to handle boost.

The solution is forged low comp pistons OR use the YRV turbo pistons, and custom forged conrods. The 3SZ cylinder head is a decade newer than the K3VET one.

But since his engine blew, so I guess no way.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I see , your friend did the Dyno Tune at GT Auto ...

How much they charge for the dynotune ?

Thanks again for the info =)

Rm400 for dyno tuning the EMB and that was 2years ago, not sure how much they charge now.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You mean the stock NA compression piston and the longer conrods? Yes, it is not designed to handle boost.

The solution is forged low comp pistons OR use the YRV turbo pistons, and custom forged conrods. The 3SZ cylinder head is a decade newer than the K3VET one.

But since his engine blew, so I guess no way.
Wouldn't the cost will be far higher , once the engine had been opened up for piston change all the bearings are also need to be upgrade to race bearing like ACL or so as already open the engine it's not feasible put a stock part back isn't it .

Plus the piston of a YRV doesn't match with the 3SZ-VE as the stroke is shorter & 3SZ-VE block doesn't have oil squirters\injector to spray engine oil to underneath of the piston to cool it , plus it does not have the oil & coolant lines for the turbo , return line need to drill the sump somemore , I been consider this before but decided to ditch the plan and then engine blew leaving a huge blackhole on the block render the whole 3SZ-VE useless thus i go for a YRV transplant .

It is design as a turbocharged powerplant with bunch of R&D before launching out to public so I think reliability will be great or at least to a acceptable level .

Rm400 for dyno tuning the EMB and that was 2years ago, not sure how much they charge now.
Kay's, thanks again for the info , will visit & check the price soon .

Will update the dyno figure at here too for future reference . =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just to let u guys know that skunk2 fake intake manifold has arrive on our shore.
so for those potential buyer,be aware what u paid for.what i'm afraid of is some
of the shop pass it as genuine item.i'm not saying that they purposely sell u a fake
1 and claim it to be genuine but some of them doesn't even know how to tell the
different.that's not all,some of their supplier don't even bother to tell them.
for those of u who don't know how to differentiate between them,just look
at the vacuum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience