vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In the case of my friends GTI, a bike sideswiped her side mirror and the plastic panel popped out. She sent it back to Wearnes for repair and they couldn't fit it back. Fitted it eventually but she discovered the car had a few hundred KM added to the mileage. Joyriders? 100km is somewhat acceptable but a few hundred is unacceptable. It was something like 300km+ total.

2nd time sent back to change drive shaft based on service records, the mechs didn't notice a damaged sidewall in the 18" tyres and the somewhat flat tyre and didn't inform my friend. She only discovered the problem after driving back from the center and heard a strange droning sound. By then the tyre was unrecoverable.

Other times they didn't fit panels properly causing rattling, didn't screw properly causing loud banging noise when the bolt came loose while driving that shocked my friend and thought something had broken in the engine bay.

All sorts of things.
That is because most SC don't have panel and body work personnel. When I had a Honda there was a rust spot on the door. Send back to SC they in turn have to send to their contracted body shop for respray.
Lately my wife's Tiggo had door alignment problem, mention to SA during one of her service, was told body shop expert not in until the following month (They shifted workshop). So next round only got it done.

As for joy ride, well one of the SA in one SC I know was sack because he took customer car for a ride, so it all depends on the Administration of the SC.

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
all cars have problems...i even knew a person that had a proton wira for 10 yrs without any power window or other major problems,
just maintain service on time thats all.

i also know a person that owns a BMW F30 that has problems after 2 weeks of driving, major ones that have to frequently visit the SC & problem still persists.

so it all boils down to luck, just pray to GOD before delivery of your new car.

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
all cars have problems...i even knew a person that had a proton wira for 10 yrs without any power window or other major problems,
just maintain service on time thats all.

i also know a person that owns a BMW F30 that has problems after 2 weeks of driving, major ones that have to frequently visit the SC & problem still persists.

so it all boils down to luck, just pray to GOD before delivery of your new car.
Well said Bro DanzEterna. All boils down to luck. My 2 auto transmission car previously(Wira & SEG), driving it like manual for over 3 years no problem, some of my colleagues driving Wira auto, claimed / replaced a number of GB through out a period of 7 years while being a gentle driver.

My 2 bosses owns a couple of Euro i.e. A4 B7, Q5, Scirocco, Passat, Saab but never heard of major problem with their rides except when in accident, wait like hell to get parts (especially the Saab). My colleague own a Viva (from new) & 2 years down the road had a few breakdowns (stalled in the middle of traffic jam). Once her car was quarantined by Perodua for repair works & wouldn't release the car until repair done citing major risk if continue driving (fire hazard i heard).

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All boils down to luck.

Yalah.. true.. but funny part is, their ads didnt say... 'and it all comes back to ur luck'. ..sigh

Buying a car is like making small investment. I felt sorry to those who have to deal with his/her bad side of luck, but as investment/money concerns..

Money doesn't grow on trees.. my money doesn't :bawling:

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Yalah.. true.. but funny part is, their ads didnt say... 'and it all comes back to ur luck'. ..sigh

Buying a car is like making small investment. I felt sorry to those who have to deal with his/her bad side of luck, but as investment/money concerns..

Money doesn't grow on trees.. my money doesn't :bawling:
Seriously, everything else in life boils down to luck. As a fact, buying car is no longer a small investment, it's one that can kill you if you are really really unlucky.

An ex-colleague of mine inherited his boss's E46 (luckily company car & he don't need to pay installment). When with the boss no major problem, when he inherited it, every outstation trip within that year ended up with car being towed back to KL i.e. belt snapped, electronic problem, mechanical failure. No need to pay for repair but the inconveniences really stressed him out.

Another friend of mine, driving her 130Y for a couple of years without major repairs needed until it got stolen & forced to get another car which is a brand new MYVI. A week after getting it, found out a number of electronics not working & have to send back for claim. Goes on every few months with minor but yet irritating problems keep popping up.:banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Another thing is when you want to see your old car it will break down just before you sell it......:rolleyes:

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Another thing is when you want to see your old car it will break down just before you sell it......:rolleyes:
Tell me that.

Imagine this, I need to handover my old car at 3.30 p.m. At 12.30 p.m. while going to attend a very important appointment, while entering into the car park & while driving down a f**king steep & narrow ramp, realised that some idiot has installed a speed hump at the point where the ramp meets the floor slab & while driving through it, my bumper lip got stuck & nearly got ripped out. :banghead:

Upon inspection after clearing that, noticed that the bumper lip almost got totally ripped out resulting in a 1/2" gap between the bumper & lip while handing in place by a few mm of screw.:bawling:

After my appointment at 2.30 p.m. have to quickly rush to workshop to have it screwed back & rush to to handover my car.:banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why I say that because I went through it too. Buyer suppose to view car at lunch time, when driving to work in the morning the gear cable snap...:banghead:

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Why I say that because I went through it too. Buyer suppose to view car at lunch time, when driving to work in the morning the gear cable snap...:banghead:
From the time I decided to get a new car, til the day I m supposed to handover, daily stress & prayers to ensure & keep the car in order. Damn it

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Buying a VW that doesn't have VW technology is like dating a Baywatch girl with A cup boobs... just saying...

idr.ace

idr.ace

Nov 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Buying a VW that doesn't have VW technology is like dating a Baywatch girl with A cup boobs... just saying...
Its an entry-car for me Ixeo.. and since luck has to do with buying a car, I wouldnt date a Baywatch girl with a DD,.. with an attitude.hehe..

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Anyway guys... I went to VW Showroom in G******ie, to see the Sedan and Passat up close,. (u all know, VW giving out discount for Passat) and do some testdrive.

True, the Passat has more power and handling, but after few minutes, suddenly all the dashboards lights (engine, seatbelt, airbag etc) starts to turned to 'orange' but the car is still running. The salesperson said, its a testdrive-car so a lot of people have been testing-the engine-recklessly (they also want to hentam the engine), so its quite normal to it. I had my doubt there. Im sure other buyer also hentam Camry/Civic or other cars, but dont know if the dashboard lights blinked. I mean, its a test-car and it shouldnt give a negative first-impression.

And, I also asked.., why does it take some time for repair or replacement parts.. he answered, ..the customer should send their cars to where they bought it, some showroom they just sell and not repairs, so if they buyer bought it in Kuantan and send repairs to Shah Alam, then it will take up sometime. I was surprised ! I mean, is it true ? Cant take ur car to any other service centre ?

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haha very true, a day before im supposed to handover my perdana to the new buyer, my driver power window panel failed, went to halfcut shops but all sold out, so i opened it myself & found out that 1 wire had a loose connection (previously modified by me), so just connect the wire back with black PVC tape & problem settled, lucky me :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Its an entry-car for me Ixeo.. and since luck has to do with buying a car, I wouldnt date a Baywatch girl with a DD,.. with an attitude.hehe..

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Anyway guys... I went to VW Showroom in G******ie, to see the Sedan and Passat up close,. (u all know, VW giving out discount for Passat) and do some testdrive.

True, the Passat has more power and handling, but after few minutes, suddenly all the dashboards lights (engine, seatbelt, airbag etc) starts to turned to 'orange' but the car is still running. The salesperson said, its a testdrive-car so a lot of people have been testing-the engine-recklessly (they also want to hentam the engine), so its quite normal to it. I had my doubt there. Im sure other buyer also hentam Camry/Civic or other cars, but dont know if the dashboard lights blinked. I mean, its a test-car and it shouldnt give a negative first-impression.

And, I also asked.., why does it take some time for repair or replacement parts.. he answered, ..the customer should send their cars to where they bought it, some showroom they just sell and not repairs, so if they buyer bought it in Kuantan and send repairs to Shah Alam, then it will take up sometime. I was surprised ! I mean, is it true ? Cant take ur car to any other service centre ?
a true salesman with lack of product knowledge, maybe he was formerly from Proton. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha very true, a day before im supposed to handover my perdana to the new buyer, my driver power window panel failed, went to halfcut shops but all sold out, so i opened it myself & found out that 1 wire had a loose connection (previously modified by me), so just connect the wire back with black PVC tape & problem settled, lucky me :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

a true salesman with lack of product knowledge, maybe he was formerly from Proton. :banghead:
Lucky you.....:driver:

Proton now sell VW.....:rofl::rofl:

option1978

Known Member

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009

Spent a while reading the complaints in VW Malaysia FB page & found that most of the complaints are for Polo, followed by Passat.

One guy who was very vocal there has been complaining about his Polo Sedan a/c for almost a year but yet to be able to get it resolved. Others generally complaint about the quality after sales service of VW.

You can take a look there before deciding. Took me a while to research & decide on my next car (over 6 months to be exact). We seems to have a lot of choice for car but yet it seems so limited when really search for 'the one'.

Finally decided to take the risk as well you only live once & life just a bit too short to worry too much & decided to take a 2nd hand Jetta. Had it for over 3 weeks now & frankly speaking the driving experience is much better than a lot of Japs / Korean but then keeping my finger crossed & praying hard that it won't fail & disappoint me

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn,"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience