Satria Neo CPS or Satria Neo R3

Jun 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hai guys... What do u think about Satria neo cps n satria neo r3? Is it ok to buy r3 or i just have to buy neo cps n then modified it? which one better? I would like to use it as daily car n also a race car. mybe some drift or autokana...

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
both have diff direction, with diff budget. However, will end up paying the same should your aim is to participate autokana because you need to mod to your driving skills including choice of tyres, braking pads, rims, weight reducing parts, etc.... drift ? hmmm... in reverse or using the handbrake???

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
slashstreetball,

in case u dunno, satria neo is an FF car. u cant drift it without using handbrake at times. unless of course u plan to convert the satria into RWD configuration. (which i think is cool :biggrin:)

anyway, here's my 2 kupang:

cps: if u just want a daily driven car without heavy modification, cps is the car to go to
r3: for the ultimate enthusiast, this car is the must-have (due to its exclusivity. so far i havnt seen 1 on the road yet)

alternatives: but since u did mention u r gonna participate in racing and autokhana of some sort, u might as well consider the satria neo lite, due to the heavy modification process that might be involved. satria neo lite is already a very good platform for modification (even Tengku Djan also said so) compared to CPS. not to say CPS is lousy or what, but normal neo's has more room for your imagination to run wild (sifus dun bash me... im a cps driver too.. hehe)

as for me, i chose cps coz of the car's all round package, with adequate performance, aggresive exterior to turn heads, (and it fits my budget too). the cps is my daily ride, with some weekend highway blasts so im not going very hardcore with the car. given a bigger piggy bank, i would surely go for cps r3, but no, i dont have a bigger piggy bank, so cps is the way to go. at one time, i had considere neo m-line, but when i was ready to buy, blardy proton ceased production of the m-line. so i had to go for cps, which should be a blessing in disguise.

anyhow, it all boils down to your interest and passion (not to mention how deep your pocket is :biggrin:) so the final decision is yours. happy shopping, bro!

slashstreetball

Jun 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thx for info... I think i cannot buy r3... It's limited edition... Satria neo lite? Is it ok? As far as i know, cps have a double welding chasis or something...

Oct 22, 2013
klang
hey guys,
im new here. i have few questions about my new car. i purchased this satria neo cps r3 (2013) just few months ago. i have been facing few problems ever since i bought this car. 1st of all , i tried maxing the car in the highway. i can only reach 175 to 180, but proton claim this car can reach 190. i have referred to proton about this , they give all kinda reasons like ECU settings not right, they said they have to reset the ECU, and so they did. i tried again later. it still cant breach this 180 barrier. i referred again to proton, they seemed like they dont know the answer to this problem, my dad owns a persona 1.6 IAFM. it has only 110 bhp but it can reach 190 somehow. but this car with standard 125bhp cant even cross 180. i am not sure why.

the second problem that im having with this car is that , there is this rubber rubbing sound everytime i reverse and 1st gear. the sound only comes for just few seconds when the car moves. the initial part. after that it fades off. im not sure why. i hope you guys can give me solutions for this.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
hai guys... What do u think about satria neo cps n satria neo r3? Is it ok to buy r3 or i just have to buy neo cps n then modified it? Which one better? I would like to use it as daily car n also a race car. Mybe some drift or autokana...

hahahahahahahahahaaha

hey guys,
im new here. i have few questions about my new car. i purchased this satria neo cps r3 (2013) just few months ago. i have been facing few problems ever since i bought this car. 1st of all , i tried maxing the car in the highway. i can only reach 175 to 180, but proton claim this car can reach 190. i have referred to proton about this , they give all kinda reasons like ECU settings not right, they said they have to reset the ECU, and so they did. i tried again later. it still cant breach this 180 barrier. i referred again to proton, they seemed like they dont know the answer to this problem, my dad owns a persona 1.6 IAFM. it has only 110 bhp but it can reach 190 somehow. but this car with standard 125bhp cant even cross 180. i am not sure why.

the second problem that im having with this car is that , there is this rubber rubbing sound everytime i reverse and 1st gear. the sound only comes for just few seconds when the car moves. the initial part. after that it fades off. im not sure why. i hope you guys can give me solutions for this.
You using stock rims & tyres or bigger rims and tyres? What size? And are you in a hurry to go to heaven? I heard they just build a new cloud, plenty of space so no hurry.

Pakdamek

Known Member
Feb 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what kind of people would go to proton to complaint that their car can't go more than the allowed speed limit???

different car, different block cutting/engine......no car will be the same.....if you want more than 180, I suggest you re-do your engine at 3rd party performance mechanics/campro expert......you can go to the moon if you want..... :-)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all brother here,

my friend and i plan to change our spring to lower spring!
our aim was ultimate comfort like original

i hear Eibach prokit is the best choice is it???
but after i survey few accessories/performance shop
many of them claim that the GAB, tein will also give the comfort feel (but i don't believe)
and i search the tanabe website and found that the tanabe NF-210 (not GF-210) only increase 5% from original spring (and will give ultimate comfort for the ride)

that's my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience