Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But a stronger spark does not necessary mean more power right? There CDI devices in the market that does the same thing and its designed for racing applications. So, I would feel those devices are more reliable esp. when coupled with a CDI coil.

Btw, why not get a more powerful ignition coil instead? Eg for MSD or Mallory, Crane etc. I would think its better than adding such devices.
What he meant was making the spark more smooth.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
We have installed in both the Mark X and ES350 and the owners are happy with the new found power.

Do you guys install Voltage Stabilizers in your car? Be more careful as the possibility of your car burning down is so much higher.

Hmm ok, and I assume it's also plug & play for the Mark X, is it?

No, I also never believe in those VS gimmick, would rather spend the money for really proven useful stuff.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I cant change the way you guys in ZTH think and I am not about to either. At least you guys here have a good handle of English. I can give you this much.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

Cheers.
Well well now I think I know why firestorm can't penetrate ZTH market much.

I don't know la...if you are unable to volunteer a unit for testing it is completely fine. We are requesting, not ordering. Request declined so what we accept it and will not whine coz we will move on and find other ways. Just....reply in a single word or sentence without being sarcastic or condemning other products or sellers. Be a professional and honest seller.

I don't know la...we want to have a thorough test on what the FS can do, apart already having in mind that FS works. But you only kept on saying FS works FS works no problem no problem merry go round round round. Ya it works!! So what?? You think ZTH people would spend few hundred bucks just to have a 2% increase in horsepower?

I don't know la...it is good that no one complaint before that the FS fries the coil or any other electronics so far. Even though that does not mean it won't shorten the coil life cycle...

I don't know la...with sooooo many years of R&D (it's written there japanese technology, I don't know whether the R&D done to market the product here is "Research and Development" or "Redo and Duplicate") and soooo many years of testing the product, there isn't any company name or location. Might or might not be a registered company.

I don't know la...why you wana compare this to Voltage Stabilizer. Two totally different thing...voltage stabilizer does not give bigger spark. It gives consistent voltage to the electron suckers in the car laaa..

I don't know la...why you wana bet this bet that bet bet bet bet..

I don't know la...why other sellers are not coming into this thread since they know the existence of it. The more the merrier.. One drop of vinegar will spoil the whole cow! Ops sorry. It's milk.

I don't know laaa...why I typed so much on Malaysia Day...feeling hopeless towards Malaysia I guess...I don't know la...I don't know laaa...:rofl:

AC1

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
probably it work on those completely stock car? i mean nothing added, except VS + FS.

i did added into mine, weird issue are;

1. the engine suddenly almost die off when stop at traffic light "all the meter signal is on, just like you turned your key to "on"" (this only happen one time, and no more happen)

2. keep low speed <20kmj while pressing fuel steadily, my car move forward n slow again. (i dont know explain, but it is like you purposely press more fuel, then release and press fuel again)

3. like no power/lost power whenever i stop at traffic light, and press fuel to move, it delay 1 sec before engine rev.

4. engine vibrate and shaking (like want to die off the engine) which can feel inside d car (even my gf can feel it)

unplugged FS, all weird issue listed above disappear.

noticable FS effect:

1. more revvy.. more torque? butt does not feel it, except more easy to rev in D
2. muffler tone more deep

probably it work for other car, but it just weird and not "working" properly in my car. :p i only added 4-2-1, changed muffler, erased check engine code, evolve 2013 vs, and 5 grounding cable. that all i could remember, the rest is not engine parts.

maybe i need to drive more before ecu adapt yea? :x

Last edited:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
probably it work on those completely stock car? i mean nothing added, except VS + FS.

1. the engine suddenly almost die off when stop at traffic light "all the meter signal is on, just like you turned your key to "on"" (this only happen one time, and no more happen)

2. keep low speed <20kmj while pressing fuel steadily, my car move forward n slow again. (i dont know explain, but it is like you purposely press more fuel, then release and press fuel again)

3. like no power/lost power whenever i stop at traffic light, and press fuel to move, it delay 1 sec before engine rev.

4. engine vibrate and shaking (like want to die off the engine) which can feel inside d car (even my gf can feel it)

noticable FS effect:

1. more revvy.. more torque? butt does not feel it, except more easy to rev in D

probably it work for other car, but it just weird and not "working" properly in my car. :p i only added 4-2-1, changed muffler, erased check engine code, evolve 2013 vs, and 5 grounding cable. that all i could remember, the rest is not engine parts.

IMHO, VS does nothing to most cars. In fact, a poorly designed VS can actually cause problems instead. Many snake oil VS are nothing more than couple of capacitors (some are not even designed for above 85C environment).

Then many so-called ignition boosters are nothing more than poorly made DC-DC converters. EG.

Violence VSD-IV Ignition Booster For Sale | sgCarStore

Crappy DC-DC converter.....

AC1

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO, VS does nothing to most cars. In fact, a poorly designed VS can actually cause problems instead. Many snake oil VS are nothing more than couple of capacitors (some are not even designed for above 85C environment).

Then many so-called ignition boosters are nothing more than poorly made DC-DC converters. EG.

Violence VSD-IV Ignition Booster For Sale | sgCarStore

Crappy DC-DC converter.....
agree with vs, but even removed vs still same. :biggrin: back to topic: maybe other FS owner encounter issue but they dont noticed it? :p

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Bro

Its good if we look in the mirror before we keep whining. A reminder to myself and to other would-be whiners also.

I know you already bought the Normal FireStorm so you know what it does for your engine. If you are worried it will kill your ignition coils then you should not have bought and should have waited for Izso to test first or to find a guinea pig to allow you guys to cut it open and see what is inside and how it works.

Your phrase Redo & Duplicate is exactly what you guys here are asking for so I am thinking you are familiar with this term in practice. However if its just hot air that's being passed around in this thread and Forum then its a ZTH thing. The Forummers in other forums dont say openly that they would dishonestly cut open some inventor's product.

If I don't answer the question then you guys say no dealer want to come in but then when I come in to explain you say I dont give a proper explanation. I don't have what you guys want but only based on what actually happened in this past few years.

If you can't accept this then you should not bother wasting your precious time to answer to me since I am not trying to convince you guys to buy the FireStorm. I think you should read through from the point you started this thread and see where is it that I had asked any of you guys to buy the FireStorm???

I only offered a Free testing without any obligation for any guys in Penang but Izso felt this was promoting the FireStorm for sales. How would you expect any dealer to want to sell to ZTH knowing how critical the members here are of any too good to be true products. But you personally should know the answer since you already had the FireStorm fitted in your car?

Do take note how long it will be to the point your spark plug electrodes are eaten up or when your piston has pit holes or when your ignition coil gives up the ghost, all due to the FireStorm. But if you worry all those may happen then you should not have bought the FireStorm or just pass it to someone here to cut it open and share with us if there are really capacitors in the FireStorm? Want to ah?

Cheers.

Well well now I think I know why firestorm can't penetrate ZTH market much.

I don't know la...if you are unable to volunteer a unit for testing it is completely fine. We are requesting, not ordering. Request declined so what we accept it and will not whine coz we will move on and find other ways. Just....reply in a single word or sentence without being sarcastic or condemning other products or sellers. Be a professional and honest seller.

I don't know la...we want to have a thorough test on what the FS can do, apart already having in mind that FS works. But you only kept on saying FS works FS works no problem no problem merry go round round round. Ya it works!! So what?? You think ZTH people would spend few hundred bucks just to have a 2% increase in horsepower?

I don't know la...it is good that no one complaint before that the FS fries the coil or any other electronics so far. Even though that does not mean it won't shorten the coil life cycle...

I don't know la...with sooooo many years of R&D (it's written there japanese technology, I don't know whether the R&D done to market the product here is "Research and Development" or "Redo and Duplicate") and soooo many years of testing the product, there isn't any company name or location. Might or might not be a registered company.

I don't know la...why you wana compare this to Voltage Stabilizer. Two totally different thing...voltage stabilizer does not give bigger spark. It gives consistent voltage to the electron suckers in the car laaa..

I don't know la...why you wana bet this bet that bet bet bet bet..

I don't know la...why other sellers are not coming into this thread since they know the existence of it. The more the merrier.. One drop of vinegar will spoil the whole cow! Ops sorry. It's milk.

I don't know laaa...why I typed so much on Malaysia Day...feeling hopeless towards Malaysia I guess...I don't know la...I don't know laaa...:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiyo... drop it la guys. The test may or may not proceed depending on whether I decide it's worthwhile testing or not. It's not exactly a RM20 item so I have to consider a few things before committing to the amount Peter offered to me.

As for marketing or whatever, whether Peter chooses to promote here or not is his choice. Whether I get a unit for testing or not is my choice (the free sample option is not suitable since the timeframe is too short so I will purchase if I want to proceed).
Whether it works or not remains a question. There is one feedback from AC1 that it doesn't and I know Cvkit's fuel consumption has improved with it.

So let's drop the nasty talk and stick to the topic "Review".

But a stronger spark does not necessary mean more power right? There CDI devices in the market that does the same thing and its designed for racing applications. So, I would feel those devices are more reliable esp. when coupled with a CDI coil.

Btw, why not get a more powerful ignition coil instead? Eg for MSD or Mallory, Crane etc. I would think its better than adding such devices.
Erm.. a stronger spark... how would one achieve a stronger spark? Say you plug in a a MSD so you get a more power ignition coil, that results in what exactly? A stronger spark lor. So what that translates into (power or FC or whatever) is a mystery to me.

noticable FS effect:

That seriously is a weird issue. What car do you drive? I have a feeling you installed the device incorrectly.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Bro

What car are you installing the FireStorm into? I can send you the installation photo for you to see if you installed it In correctly.

Cheers.

noticable FS effect:

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Agree. Thank you bro. You are the wise one here.

Cheers.

Aiyo... drop it la guys. The test may or may not proceed depending on whether I decide it's worthwhile testing or not. It's not exactly a RM20 item so I have to consider a few things before committing to the amount Peter offered to me.

As for marketing or whatever, whether Peter chooses to promote here or not is his choice. Whether I get a unit for testing or not is my choice (the free sample option is not suitable since the timeframe is too short so I will purchase if I want to proceed).
Whether it works or not remains a question. There is one feedback from AC1 that it doesn't and I know Cvkit's fuel consumption has improved with it.

So let's drop the nasty talk and stick to the topic "Review".

Erm.. a stronger spark... how would one achieve a stronger spark? Say you plug in a a MSD so you get a more power ignition coil, that results in what exactly? A stronger spark lor. So what that translates into (power or FC or whatever) is a mystery to me.

That seriously is a weird issue. What car do you drive? I have a feeling you installed the device incorrectly.

AC1

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i would not direct conclude about FS anyways. because from my home to work only about 6km, include other trip, so one day i make only around 20-30km/days. :p lets see after another 1-2 weeks of using. very short distance, and i cant hardly to test, as i only used this car for work.

bro peter, am driving idsi city 2005. installed in fuse no14, with black wire on top, red on bottom.

btw, no15 no fuse, and FS plugged into fuse14, cant start car.

however, if i plug back fuse14 with normal fuse, while fuse15 remain no fuse, i can start the car. it that normal?

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yea..probably don't mix up what others said and point the finger to me and make it like it is from me. Read and remember properly since I believe you have confidence in English.

As for the test, there's really nothing much you can do. It's either you accept or decline to give out a unit to test. But so far there is no firm and rigid answer from your side. But anyway, I am already committed to lend it to Izso if he needs one. So now this question is killed off.

I bought a unit does not mean that I am pro firestorm. I am using doesn't mean that I will recommend others. That is why some of us is eager to have it tested out instead of getting testimonial from one party only. And about the cutting off part, it's up to me what I want to do with it. It's my money. Even if I am able to redo and duplicate, you can try to take me to the court. Before that, go get the product patented first ya..want to ah? I can intro you some company which provides patent application service.

Well I'm not so worried of it frying the coils or whatsoever that is why I bought a unit to try. Regarding my review...need I say more? It's in page 1 =) I created this thread so that people can discuss and share knowledge and experiences. And one contributor in ZTH even would like to contribute to test this product. It is good to have you here to explain what firestorm is, but like I mentioned in page 1, although I'm not a moderator, I would not want to see people marketing the products they are selling and bashing other sellers and products. Lets have a healthy discussion which all the technical and cost worthiness blend in. Fair and square to all. Some talk cock replies are welcomed to make this thread interesting.

I start to see people questioning and you (the seller, the one and only in this thread) replying, which is completely fine. But it gets ugly when the marketing and bashing parts surfaced. You even posted your hp number and selling thread ID lol..and still deny that u r promoting.

Well I'm now committed to only reply to technical and healthy discussion as this is going nowhere.. My sincere apology if I have offended anyone, in particularly you, directly or indirectly.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok, I've asked Peter to not to respond to anymore people regarding his loan unit or business practices. That is not up for discussion so anyone else who tries, will get this thread locked and eventually deleted thanks.

cvkit - the question is when la. I'll pm you regarding the loan unit.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ok, I've asked Peter to not to respond to anymore people regarding his loan unit or business practices. That is not up for discussion so anyone else who tries, will get this thread locked and eventually deleted thanks.

cvkit - the question is when la. I'll pm you regarding the loan unit.
U have not replied when are you coming down from Tibet mountains... :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo and Cvkit : Let's meetup. I wanna see the device. Hehe
Can, no problem...

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

U are the one who has been hiding all this while.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yup.....hahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

The moment the FireStorm is plugged in, you will feel the difference in acceleration power. This is to prove that the FireStorm immediately works. This is also to dispel the skepticism that shrouds the ZTH community.

Unlike other products which claim that it would take a few days or a week before you can feel the difference. By that time the seller would tell you grandfather stories if you ask for a refund on grounds that it doesn't work.
I fitted one set to my Hyundai. Yes, as mentioned by you and the seller who sold to me, the initial feel is there, but after a few days the feel is gone. Car is driven by my daughter and now I am wondering like most ECU cars, have the ECU corrected the unit, or adjusted to it?:confused:
That is why I am offering it to bro. Izso for for comprehensive test...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

i can spare u a few coil if u need any bro :listen:
seriously something touching the fuse box i don't dare to try, saw alot car burned nowadays :smokin:
I am okay with the installation as the fuse is still in use...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

noticable FS effect:

My unit I transfer from the Hyundai to my VR since same Mitsu fuse box. But immediately my car cannot crank. Have to wait a while then only can crank:banghead:. Removing the FS then can crank immediately. Fitted back tried one round like no effect in my VR, so remove and put back in the Hyundai. In the Hyundai can crank:confused:

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

U have not replied when are you coming down from Tibet mountains... :rofl:
We have to climb up mount Tibet maybe.....hahahahaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm...pay peanuts get peanuts. Whether there is sudden improvement or not, is either psychologically or it really does. Btw, never tried and never believe in things like this that can give improvement to performance. Well, that's just me.

If for fuel saving I might believe but performance improve? I doubt it. Yet never really heard about FireStorm before.
I have more faith in QMax and Hot Inazma, even though there are volt stabilizers. :rofl: