Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It isn't advertising. Just a sincere offer of FOC testing for any ZTH members in Penang who may want to test the FireStorm.

The problem at ZTH is that there are too many professors who spout theory without knowing what they are talking about. Hence my offer for FOC testing so that these people can know what the FireStorm can do and put any speculation to rest.

I am not making any sales offer here.

Thank you.
Test as in just plug and drive a few rounds or a deeper test like what we would like to do?

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
The moment the FireStorm is plugged in, you will feel the difference in acceleration power. This is to prove that the FireStorm immediately works. This is also to dispel the skepticism that shrouds the ZTH community.

Unlike other products which claim that it would take a few days or a week before you can feel the difference. By that time the seller would tell you grandfather stories if you ask for a refund on grounds that it doesn't work.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Has it been well proven on Toyota 4GR-FSE direct injection engine? (Used in Toyota Mark X 250G and Lexus IS250).

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I am curious guys. Why don't you all spend the $$$ on tuning instead?

I am not skeptical about the performance of these devices, I am skeptical about the reliability. What happens if it fails? Will it fry my coil? Will it stall my engine while I am driving?

Cause all the ignition boosters increase the voltage to your coil and hence increase spark power. but what will happen to your coil in the long run? Also, advancing ignition timing produces the same effect as well. Why not advance ignition instead?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The moment the FireStorm is plugged in, you will feel the difference in acceleration power. This is to prove that the FireStorm immediately works. This is also to dispel the skepticism that shrouds the ZTH community.

Unlike other products which claim that it would take a few days or a week before you can feel the difference. By that time the seller would tell you grandfather stories if you ask for a refund on grounds that it doesn't work.
Don't have to write so long lol...just reply "yes, it will a plug in and then let you drive a few rounds kind of test"

Simple and easy to understand.
Also, we want to test it out for a longer duration of time is because we want to know the exact benefits it gives e.g. Like my test or a dyno, with facts and figures. Butt dyno would not reveal any mathematical figures so its really up to each individuals. If the seller tells grandfather stories when eventually the device doesn't work, then it is even simpler. The seller is a con dude that's it. Agree?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am curious guys. Why don't you all spend the $$$ on tuning instead?

I am not skeptical about the performance of these devices, I am skeptical about the reliability. What happens if it fails? Will it fry my coil? Will it stall my engine while I am driving?

Cause all the ignition boosters increase the voltage to your coil and hence increase spark power. but what will happen to your coil in the long run? Also, advancing ignition timing produces the same effect as well. Why not advance ignition instead?
Advancing ignition timing doesn't enhance the spark quality la. But you have a point on the coil. That was one of the things I was hoping to try as well. I'm ok sacrificing my coil for the sake of a test.

:biggrin:

Wira mah. Cheap parts.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Advancing ignition timing doesn't enhance the spark quality la. But you have a point on the coil. That was one of the things I was hoping to try as well. I'm ok sacrificing my coil for the sake of a test.

Wira mah. Cheap parts.
i can spare u a few coil if u need any bro :listen:
seriously something touching the fuse box i don't dare to try, saw alot car burned nowadays :smokin:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just read thru the last 5 pages and it seems to me that peterlm likes using words such as wager, bet, smart but not totally, talking down other dealers whatnot.

Let's just put an end to all speculation. I'll donate my Inspira with stock ECU for the dyno testing. Izso, don't need to go dyno on days with similar atmospheric content. Just dyno my car before and after plugging in the FS. My ECU doesn't need time to adapt to new stuff, just reset the battery connection will do. Simple, effective and easy.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Has it been well proven on Toyota 4GR-FSE direct injection engine? (Used in Toyota Mark X 250G and Lexus IS250).
We have installed in both the Mark X and ES350 and the owners are happy with the new found power.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Wira mah. Cheap parts.
I personally sold this FireStorm for almost 2 years while it had been sold to some local users for 1.5 years before that while test bed users had tested another 2.5 years during the R&D period. No one had complained of burned out ignition coils until now.

If the effects of the FireStorm is so great then it might have burned out the coil even within a few months!

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

i can spare u a few coil if u need any bro :listen:
seriously something touching the fuse box i don't dare to try, saw alot car burned nowadays :smokin:
The FireStorm wire is thin and is installed in the fuse supplying power to the ignition coil. This fuse will get power only if the ignition key is turned on or when the engine is running. If there is a short circuit then the fuse on the FireStorm unit will blow.

Do any of you guys install Voltage Stabilizers in your car? Did you notice how fat is the cable from the Voltage Stabilizer that connects to your car battery? Now, if this fat cable were to be shorted then you would indeed kiss your car goodbye. Furthermore the VS is always connected directly to the car battery. What if a rat crawls in and bites the VS positive cable which then arcs onto the chassis of the car?

There are many possibilities for a fire in the engine bay but that the FireStorm to cause a fire would be very remote.

Do you guys install Voltage Stabilizers in your car? Be more careful as the possibility of your car burning down is so much higher.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Just read thru the last 5 pages and it seems to me that peterlm likes using words such as wager, bet, smart but not totally, talking down other dealers whatnot.

Let's just put an end to all speculation. I'll donate my Inspira with stock ECU for the dyno testing. Izso, don't need to go dyno on days with similar atmospheric content. Just dyno my car before and after plugging in the FS. My ECU doesn't need time to adapt to new stuff, just reset the battery connection will do. Simple, effective and easy.
That was what I said. Dyno will give immediate results. Fuel saving tests are subjective and dependent on the driver and roads tested. Unless of course if you have a test track at your disposal.

I dont usually do as what you say I do because in Lowyat those guys are open to prove the effectiveness of products by themselves whilst in ZTH the forumners here are more "learned" hence my different approach.

I learn about new things without condemning nor put my biased opinion if I do not know how the product functions. I do not talk about nor advocate dissecting a device to see what is inside but I use my knowledge and experience and research to find out the theory of how the device works.

To me it does not matter how the device is constructed because the end result is what I am after. I can create another circuit to get the same end result which is what matters. Reverse engineering someone's product is merely copying the design which may get us into legal issues if the product is patented.

I do agree that Izso's methodology of testing is very good but is rather lengthy and if its just improvement figires then a dyro run will prove it.

Andy0625

Known Member
Aug 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bought my firestorm from Peter last year august and been using it ever-since. Its been more than a year and I believed if it's going to fry the coil nor melt the spark plug, it should happen within a few weeks or months but it's still all good so far.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Bro, we are not talking about the effectiveness here. I think we do not doubt the effectiveness because things that enhances the spark will give power gains. No questions about that. Straight forward. But we are talking about reliability of the coils, which is a long term test. It's not about dyno. It's how long can the coil stand before burning off.

I personally sold this FireStorm for almost 2 years while it had been sold to some local users for 1.5 years before that while test bed users had tested another 2.5 years during the R&D period. No one had complained of burned out ignition coils until now.

If the effects of the FireStorm is so great then it might have burned out the coil even within a few months!

Peterlm... This got to be a long term test. Nothing great about your customers using the thing for 2 - 2.5 years and their coils are still okay. Coils are built to last very long. My 15 year old toyota, i've just changed the coil one. I had a 10 year old wira last time and the coil is still strong. You can't use your 2 - 2.5 years without problems to advocate this product. It can be that there are no problems so far at this time of writing (2.5 years), but maybe give it a few more weeks, say 2.8 years and then the problem comes one by one. Or maybe after 5 years? I just said maybe. Who knows?

Now I believe Izso, TR and some people are thinking of an experimental design for this, so let's just wait. I appreciate their effort in wanting to test this.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Bro, we are not talking about the effectiveness here. I think we do not doubt the effectiveness because things that enhances the spark will give power gains. No questions about that. Straight forward. But we are talking about reliability of the coils, which is a long term test. It's not about dyno. It's how long can the coil stand before burning off.

Peterlm... This got to be a long term test. Nothing great about your customers using the thing for 2 - 2.5 years and their coils are still okay. Coils are built to last very long. My 15 year old toyota, i've just changed the coil one. I had a 10 year old wira last time and the coil is still strong. You can't use your 2 - 2.5 years without problems to advocate this product. It can be that there are no problems so far at this time of writing (2.5 years), but maybe give it a few more weeks, say 2.8 years and then the problem comes one by one. Or maybe after 5 years? I just said maybe. Who knows?

Now I believe Izso, TR and some people are thinking of an experimental design for this, so let's just wait. I appreciate their effort in wanting to test this.

Now I am really lost by your reply. Having customers who have been using the device for over 2-3 years without the FireStorm or the ignition coil failure compared against Izso's proposed 3-4 months testing is mind boggling. Unless Izso can come up with a 10-20 year accelerated life test?

With that sort of outlook on the worry of the failures, I guess you would probably not buy a car model until after 10-15 years that it had been on the roads without any parts or component failures???

My reply is based on your outlook of things as I can decipher from your reply above.

Now I am really lost for words.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Now I am really lost by your reply. Having customers who have been using the device for over 2-3 years without the FireStorm or the ignition coil failure compared against Izso's proposed 3-4 months testing is mind boggling. Unless Izso can come up with a 10-20 year accelerated life test?

With that sort of outlook on the worry of the failures, I guess you would probably not buy a car model until after 10-15 years that it had been on the roads without any parts or component failures???

My reply is based on your outlook of things as I can decipher from your reply above.

Now I am really lost for words.
Actually I understand what you are trying to say.
But your choice of words misled the others.
So fellow ZTHers, if cannot lend a unit to test so be it lah.
Before we weren't using one, and we will still be good without one.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
I cant change the way you guys in ZTH think and I am not about to either. At least you guys here have a good handle of English. I can give you this much.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

Cheers.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore

Wira mah. Cheap parts.
But a stronger spark does not necessary mean more power right? There CDI devices in the market that does the same thing and its designed for racing applications. So, I would feel those devices are more reliable esp. when coupled with a CDI coil.

Btw, why not get a more powerful ignition coil instead? Eg for MSD or Mallory, Crane etc. I would think its better than adding such devices.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience