Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seller could be distributor only, so no funds for testing. Should come from manufacturer and if they are confident, they would loan a set for testing.

AC1

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i still very sceptical about this product. beside some weird prob; below is my finding (CVT gearbox)
without FS: 3k rpm / 120kmj
with FS: 3.3k rpm / 120kmj.

both tested on the same route, same driving pattern, etc. i thought suppose i need not to rev more with FS?

there are some weird issue too with FS installed. i still monitoring it.

anyone with FS installed and check their sparkplug condition after 1-2 week using it?

i drive without FS, all operate normally, satisfied with it, but with FS installed, how the engine behaving make me feel uneasy to drive with it. (ECU not adapt yet?)

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i still very sceptical about this product. beside some weird prob; below is my finding (CVT gearbox)
without FS: 3k rpm / 120kmj
with FS: 3.3k rpm / 120kmj.

both tested on the same route, same driving pattern, etc. i thought suppose i need not to rev more with FS?

there are some weird issue too with FS installed. i still monitoring it.

anyone with FS installed and check their sparkplug condition after 1-2 week using it?

i drive without FS, all operate normally, satisfied with it, but with FS installed, how the engine behaving make me feel uneasy to drive with it. (ECU not adapt yet?)
Perhaps you elaborate more on how the engine is misbehaving. I do not have this rpm per kmh issue as i'm driving a manual. I did take out my spark plug to inspect after the test. All running normal, but I'm using iridium plugs.

It would be great if you could list down the weird issues that you face after installing FS.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Here is how it works.

Search in Youtube for FUNKENINDUKTOR.

Remember that you got this information from me first, where no other dealers even know of this information. Those other dealers dont even know the underlying theory of the FireStorm. By the way, ask any of the dealers if they have the demo kit. You can see my stocks and the demo kit in the attached photo.

Surely those big dealers and distributors should have huge ready stocks and the demo kit? If you want to know whether those dealers are fly-by-night or unauthorized dealers, just ask them if they have the demo test jig.

Cheers.

Peter

PS. Those FireStorm units in the photo are all the Super model, not the cheaper Normal model.

Attachments

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Here is how it works.

Search in Youtube for FUNKENINDUKTOR.

Remember that you got this information from me first, where no other dealers even know of this information. Those other dealers dont even know the underlying theory of the FireStorm. By the way, ask any of the dealers if they have the demo kit. You can see my stocks and the demo kit in the attached photo.

Surely those big dealers and distributors should have huge ready stocks and the demo kit? If you want to know whether those dealers are fly-by-night or unauthorized dealers, just ask them if they have the demo test jig.

Cheers.

Peter

PS. Those FireStorm units in the photo are all the Super model, not the cheaper Normal model.
The first row is Super, but the second row is normal arent they?

Maybe you should consider loaning a unit to Izso to test it out?

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Just to answer the questions that has been on everyone's mind in ZTH, the inventor of the FireStorm knows what his FireStorm is capable of and he had already R&D the FireStorm for 2.5 years before releasing into the local market for another 1.5 years before I started promoting the FireStorm for another 2 years now.

You will be surprised at the total number of units of FireStorm sold in this past 2 years since I started promoting it but unfortunately I cannot divulge the exact numbers which run in the thousands. This is why the inventor is not interested to have an independent testing of his product.

Cheers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just to answer the questions that has been on everyone's mind in ZTH, the inventor of the FireStorm knows what his FireStorm is capable of and he had already R&D the FireStorm for 2.5 years before releasing into the local market for another 1.5 years before I started promoting the FireStorm for another 2 years now.

You will be surprised at the total number of units of FireStorm sold in this past 2 years since I started promoting it but unfortunately I cannot divulge the exact numbers which run in the thousands. This is why the inventor is not interested to have an independent testing of his product.

Cheers.
In other words he scare spoil his market if the results are bad......:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Interesting. A spark inductor improvised into a small tube now called "Firestorm ignition".

This is a very old concept that's modernized by this Firestorm inventor. Not exactly his creation but I guess his design is his own.

I suspect you'll find more than just a few capacitors in the packaging if we break it open. But there's very little space for anything else. And since it seems to be connected via the fuse box? (I could be mistaken) the idea is just to fiddle with the ignition frequency?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, yes the FS is installed onto the ignition fuse and it is polarity sensitive. I know the seller he's from LYN his nick V12K, ring any bells to you? Is he who you approach? maybe I can PM him regarding the test since I have TT with him a few times.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
In other words he scare spoil his market if the results are bad......:smokin:
You are wrong bro.

We are not and cannot stop anyone from cutting open the FireStorm. You are most welcomed to do it if you can find a donor willing to sacrifice the money they paid for it.

I already advised you guys to cut the Super model as it gives faster acceleration power compared to the Normal model. You can all then make a copy of the Super FireStorm yourself.

If I or the inventor are worried then we would surely discourage you from doing so. Not many in ZTH have bought the FireStorm and have not experienced what it can do but there are a lot of speculations. This is almost the same scenario as in the Chinese Cari Forum where a bunch of idiots there just made a huge hullabaloo over the FireStorm and claimed they uncovered what was inside the unit but they actually could not share the photo of what was inside when other members asked for the photos.

My customers in Lowyat have posted their testimonials of the positive effects of the FireStorm in their engine and that itself is worth much much more than what I could do or say by myself.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

let cut open.... reveal the secret ... i know it some capacitor...
Would you be willing to make a bet that the FireStorm is just another ignition stabilizer utilizing capacitors to boost its voltage?

I'm game if you are. Name your price bro.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Interesting. A spark inductor improvised into a small tube now called "Firestorm ignition".

This is a very old concept that's modernized by this Firestorm inventor. Not exactly his creation but I guess his design is his own.

I suspect you'll find more than just a few capacitors in the packaging if we break it open. But there's very little space for anything else. And since it seems to be connected via the fuse box? (I could be mistaken) the idea is just to fiddle with the ignition frequency?
Smart, but not totally.

Would you put a wager on it that it utilizes capacitors to boost its voltage, current or frequency? This wager is open to anyone in ZTH. Hehe.

Cheers mate.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually, I've been doing quite a bit of googling on this product (google does not equal to research) and from what I can make out, it basically is a voltage regulator or inducer that messes with the frequency of the electricity so the spark is more refined or is more violent so it is able to 'reach out' further (if you have aggressively side gapped plugs this is useful). I'm not certain how it benefits the combustion process though. I'd need to get my paws on one for testing.

Cvkit - loan me yours laaaaaaaa

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Peterlm - no need to get all defensive with me. I'm not pro nor against your product, I'm more interested to know how it ticks. And like I said - I'm sure we'll find a little more than just a few caps so no need to wager. I'm not keen on starting an argument with you.

How much does this product retail for?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Actually, I've been doing quite a bit of googling on this product (google does not equal to research) and from what I can make out, it basically is a voltage regulator or inducer that messes with the frequency of the electricity so the spark is more refined or is more violent so it is able to 'reach out' further (if you have aggressively side gapped plugs this is useful). I'm not certain how it benefits the combustion process though. I'd need to get my paws on one for testing.

Cvkit - loan me yours laaaaaaaa
No problem geh...but gotta cut ur wires wor...unless u test it on another car.

Actually I really dislike that FS has no company name or contacts or whatsoever. Even if they give lifetime warranty, lets say the one who sells to me strike toto and migrate to Hawaii, who do I go to? Will other distributors take up my calls for the warranty?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cvkit, FS need to cut wires? I have seeing the FS unit up close and it's only plug into the ignition fuse. No need to cut wire. Just need to get the fuse on the FS polarity right if fitted wrongly your car will not start...

Izso, you got PM

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna mod my 4g91...I feel my 91 like 1.3sohc engine. Cannot tapau my friend. he oso use 4g91(stock)...

So, i need someone to help me to mod my engine..please....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience