2. Ratchet
  3. Bolt size 10,12,14,17,19
  4. spanner size 12
  5. long pipe

• The tools
  • Picture explain everthing u need

• Loosen the tyre bolt
  • Jack everyhting up

• Jack the oil pan ( I not sure i jack the correct point or not to hold the driver side engine )
  • Take off the cover ( got 3 clips and one size 10 bolts )
  • Loosen up the engine mounting bolt from below ( got 2 bolt size 17 )

• Loosen up the power steering bolt because it block the way to the mounting

• Loosen the bolt from top

• New Mounting in
  • All bolt are tighten up

• Comparison of old mounting and new mounting
  • Only Driver side engine spoil

Passenger side small crack only

Bottom engine still ok (diy this part can die if car fall down :biggrin: )

Correct me if i'm wrong in the steps.:burnout:

The end

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Great job dude. How long does this diy take u to complete it? How to determine it is the time we need to change the mount?

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Great job dude. How long does this diy take u to complete it? How to determine it is the time we need to change the mount?
7Hours.:creep: ( very tough to diy )

Actually, i seldom drive this car.
I only notice the car have engine vibrating issue when idling.
Dashboard also got sound.

After change the mount, no more shaky and feels smooth.
The owner ( my sis) said car feels lighter.
Maybe the engine drop one side affected the car performance.

I thought bottom engine mounting spoil also because everytime engage gear will jerk. ( i was wrong )

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro, jacking up from the oil pan will possibly make the oil pan kemek.......Some oil pan are so thin in material (plus if the car/engine is heavy), it could even puncture it during jacking up....

I hope your oil pan still ok

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
bro, jacking up from the oil pan will possibly make the oil pan kemek.......Some oil pan are so thin in material (plus if the car/engine is heavy), it could even puncture it during jacking up....

I hope your oil pan still ok
The oil pan still ok. No dent.
I only jack a bit only to hold the engine.

I took off the black thingy that look like a bowl so the jack have flat surface. ( u can see from the jack pic )

Maybe someone can help point up the correct way to jack the car engine.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
The oil pan still ok. No dent.
I only jack a bit only to hold the engine.

I took off the black thingy that look like a bowl so the jack have flat surface. ( u can see from the jack pic )

Maybe someone can help point up the correct way to jack the car engine.
You can put a piece of soft wood or thick layers of old clothes between the jack and the oil pan.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Update: no more gearbox jerking issue when engaging gear.

So u guys if got jerking issue, pls check the driver side engine mounting first before u proceed to overhaul , or etc.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi bro, how much the price for the mountings? I'm planning to change it also but from my survey, I found that the price is range from RM250-RM450. That is RM200 difference and I don't know which one is local part or original.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Hi bro, how much the price for the mountings? I'm planning to change it also but from my survey, I found that the price is range from RM250-RM450. That is RM200 difference and I don't know which one is local part or original.
i bought all three mounting for rm450 which the shop claim it as ori.:hmmmm:
i'm not sure how to check if it's ori.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Thanks Punk. I have done mine. BTW bought it for RM400 and the shop owner told me it's original

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
They have Sumitomo brand for Kelisa mounting. RM180 per set with 1 year warranty. Worth checking if Myvi has the same.

Would like to do this for wifey's Kelisa. I would use a jack stand though. That seems pretty scary to stick your head under the car. :P

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Hi,
For Myvi engine mounting price, here is some reference..
Engine Mounting for Perodua Myvi - Proton Perodua Spare Parts
I guess these are Local made but I think worth to try for budget and cost saving :-)
yeah, i do check here sometimes for pricing.
If ask at spare parts shop without buying, i feel like they wan to whack me cause ask a lot.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

They have Sumitomo brand for Kelisa mounting. RM180 per set with 1 year warranty. Worth checking if Myvi has the same.

Would like to do this for wifey's Kelisa. I would use a jack stand though. That seems pretty scary to stick your head under the car. :P
Becareful ya, i didnt stick my head under the car for bottom engine mouting change.

Never work under the car using hydraulic jack also.:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah, i do check here sometimes for pricing.
If ask at spare parts shop without buying, i feel like they wan to whack me cause ask a lot.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Becareful ya, i didnt stick my head under the car for bottom engine mouting change.

Never work under the car using hydraulic jack also.:biggrin:
Can use hydraulic jack to jack up the car but need to buy jack stands to put on both sides of the car just in case the hydraulic jack fails.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the 1960s, metallic hues ignited the marketplace with a colour explosion –
70's there were also plenty of neutrals on vehicles.
80's white was the top vehicle choice, and then you started seeing red and black – especially in the compact market
90's were really interesting: it started with white being the strong colour and in the mid-nineties, dark hunter green – like the Ralph Lauren green – became very popular across vehicle segments.
Through 2000 to 2010 silver was dominant.
That was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience