Anyone here using Torque Apps (Android)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hey guys, just asking if anyone here running Torque apps couple to a BT ELM327 OBD2 dongle. I recently purchased one from US and just received it not long ago. I installed the Torque Apps and run this with eh ELM327 dongle. I got a video of it below. Data was very accurate compare to the analog dials on the car. Easy to use and can do log fault codes as well.
Torque apps on Andriod - YouTube

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Yup! And loving it..
Using it to monitor Intake Temp, Engine Temp, Voltage, Boost and Error Codes...

Also added a plugin called Track Recorder to record the drive together with all the gauges...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
wished my car got obd2

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
It will look like this with Track Recorder... Gauges are customizable.

[youtube]RWIP9YlwI6g[/youtube]

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
How to determine whether a car has obd2 or not? :confused:
Pre 96 cars are ODB1. The port is usually located at the engine bay. Post 96 cars has OBD2 the port is located inside the cabin, below the steering area. You can squat down and see there's a socket connection port.

I bought the OBD2 dongle for less than MYR50 included shipping. There's 2 types of the ELM327 adapter 1 type is using WIFI another is BT like mine and JLam.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Prepping for the next TTA I see~
I'm using this to track my RPM since the rev counter is lagging so reading from the ECU is much accurate.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Im using Wifi version...even on the fastest setting, rpm from ECU is lagging (maybe display lagging only)...

speedo and performace measure quite accurate though..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Pre 96 cars are ODB1. The port is usually located at the engine bay. Post 96 cars has OBD2 the port is located inside the cabin, below the steering area. You can squat down and see there's a socket connection port.

I bought the OBD2 dongle for less than MYR50 included shipping. There's 2 types of the ELM327 adapter 1 type is using WIFI another is BT like mine and JLam.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I'm using this to track my RPM since the rev counter is lagging so reading from the ECU is much accurate.
Just saw this reply hahaha. Nice! I found mine.
Are there any microUSB type? I can't seem to find it.
Because what I plan is, to buy a super cheap RM150 Android and just run the app.
But the spec doesn't have bluetooth. Wifi got lah. But just exploring more options.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Myvi is not pre 96... it has a port that looks like OBD2, plugs in like OBD2 but its not OBD2.

Its OBG port.

The Oh Boy Gay! port. Where it plugs in the hole but doesn't work cause its the wrong hole. True story, Scangauge II doesn't work.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Myvi is not pre 96... it has a port that looks like OBD2, plugs in like OBD2 but its not OBD2.

Its OBG port.

The Oh Boy Gay! port. Where it plugs in the hole but doesn't work cause its the wrong hole. True story, Scangauge II doesn't work.
That's something new to me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo members,

my gf Sony Ericsson juz kena 'rampas' by a motor in front of Setapak Ria Condo..Setapak here juz now..

HP is Sony Erisccon W550i the latest walkman handphone....the casing is white color and it is original set...

juz 4 days old so it look 100% new

IMEI number is 35744200-425312-9

Let me know if anyone found this...thanks

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience