Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance...

carriefire

Jul 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

Guys.. need expertise to assist me. I am driving my Toyota Camry for nearly 3 years and I have not change the tyre since take this car from maufacturer..i know this is bad but I learn this lesson from a friend who just went through bad car accident due to the tyre flat and bad rainy season. I am going to change my tyre to prevent this kind of incident happen! Especially I am quite often travel around because of my job. Therefore would appreciate if you guys can recommend me a good decent tyre that can long lasting and perform good grip even on wet surface of road. Please advise.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Hari Raya Balik Kampung... Need recommendation to change tyres for long distance.

Guys.. need expertise to assist me. I am driving my Toyota Camry for nearly 3 years and I have not change the tyre since take this car from maufacturer..i know this is bad but I learn this lesson from a friend who just went through bad car accident due to the tyre flat and bad rainy season. I am going to change my tyre to prevent this kind of incident happen! Especially I am quite often travel around because of my job. Therefore would appreciate if you guys can recommend me a good decent tyre that can long lasting and perform good grip even on wet surface of road. Please advise.
Which Camry model and what tyre size?
Well, tyres are safety items so it is better to get one that grips well. Durability should come last...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Cuz if u can afford a camry u can afford a good tyre. Anyway, like sifu vr2turbo said, best
get a grippy tyre rather than a long lasting one if budget permits.

An all rounder, you can go for Michelin PS3 or GT Radial that vr2turbo currently using,
u can ask him more about it :biggrin:

Michelin XM2 is fine, long lasting but I dun feel safe on high speed especially when it comes to corners.
Don't feel like it is gripping much.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Cuz if u can afford a camry u can afford a good tyre. Anyway, like sifu vr2turbo said, best
get a grippy tyre rather than a long lasting one if budget permits.

An all rounder, you can go for Michelin PS3 or GT Radial that vr2turbo currently using,
u can ask him more about it :biggrin:

Michelin XM2 is fine, long lasting but I dun feel safe on high speed especially when it comes to corners.
Don't feel like it is gripping much.
That is why I ask for tyre size. If not mistaken the older Camry 2.0 are on 16" and 2.4 are on 17". Even 17" are 55 series aspect ratio so GY Asy 2 and GT Radial HPY do not have in the ratio...:biggrin:

muklisher22

Jul 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

hey for all the car lovers, i personally think we do really need a good tyres for our car you know. not to show off how rich and capable u are, but for our safety wise. yes i know those branded like Falken, Silverton tires are pricey, like above average, but their products are really worth buying. I have these all thought because i used to have even 2nd hand tayar because i need to live in budget (was having low pay), but after changing to Falken, i really think it has different. when i was young, i almost met a terrible accident in the road cause of the bad tires. Life is very weak nowadays, do whatever we can while we are still alive. you only live once, but u can earn money when u r alive. :) just my little sharing, hope u also dun feel i am kepo. hehe :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Camry 2.0V with 17" rim..
Then you should be only 215/55R17 and Camry being a comfort car, go for comfort performance tyres.
The price range should be between RM400 to 500. Not sure for Michelin.
The tyre choices are:
Toyo C1-S
GY Efficient Grip
Yokohama V551 Advan dB
Michelin 3ST

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

hey for all the car lovers, i personally think we do really need a good tyres for our car you know. not to show off how rich and capable u are, but for our safety wise. yes i know those branded like Falken, Silverton tires are pricey, like above average, but their products are really worth buying. I have these all thought because i used to have even 2nd hand tayar because i need to live in budget (was having low pay), but after changing to Falken, i really think it has different. when i was young, i almost met a terrible accident in the road cause of the bad tires. Life is very weak nowadays, do whatever we can while we are still alive. you only live once, but u can earn money when u r alive. :) just my little sharing, hope u also dun feel i am kepo. hehe :)
Just a bit of advice, don't take Silverstone as Branded tyres. Is not pricey if compare to many
other branded brands like Michelin, Yokohama, Continental and etcs.

Silverstone and Sime Tyres are the last one you want to go for if you really care for your safety.

esther_chan90

Aug 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

i think 3 years is too long, the tyres must be worn out, i advised you to change it asap for your safety... but luckily you make your mind to change it after 3 years. XP i knew that recently Michelin had launched Primacy 3ST and there are good review in Paultan.orgMichelin Primacy 3 ST tyre launched in Malaysia, priced from RM480

Jul 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

in my point of view, tires are just like 4 donuts rolling in the road. LOL. not really care about the brand but condition yes! for me, i will still go for recon tires~ they are much cheaper..!!!

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007

in my point of view, tires are just like 4 donuts rolling in the road. LOL. not really care about the brand but condition yes! for me, i will still go for recon tires~ they are much cheaper..!!!
well, you are talking to a bunch of enthusiasts.. we would want to enjoy driving as much as we can, as safe as possible. :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Just a bit of advice, don't take Silverstone as Branded tyres. Is not pricey if compare to many
other branded brands like Michelin, Yokohama, Continental and etcs.

Silverstone and Sime Tyres are the last one you want to go for if you really care for your safety.
Let us see if Silverstone can be improved upon since now taken over by Toyo.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Is there sure a thing as recon tyres? Used tyres, Re-grooved tyres, Re-thread tyres I know....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

well, you are talking to a bunch of enthusiasts.. we would want to enjoy driving as much as we can, as safe as possible. :D
I am with you. Tyres are safety items. That is the only thing in contact with the ground to stop you, therefore traction have to be good...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What happen if Flywheel or Clutch cover faulty?...

hello sifu...

i got i question...What happen if Flywheel or Clutch cover is faulty?...how can we notice this?...

is it make any sound or else?...

thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience