Mod brake lights to blink/flash

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
actually what car do you drive, u 3rd brake light is on top @ bottom of glass @ maybe u'r brake is too good @ wiring not good already for your car that it grip first lights later:hmmmm:
That is why I suggested earlier to brighten the third brake light....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

5. Installation of tinted glass or colored material on the front windscreen, rear windscreen and side windows which permit the light is less than 70%.
I think the side and rear is now 50%, the front 70%

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
pls do update us in a year or 2 after uve installed them blinking lights....

let us know if ur still being rear ended....im curious to know whether or not it worked...seriously i am.

or if u managed to trigger a seizure from the person (be it driver or passenger) behind u who happens to be suffering from Photosensitive epilepsy

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is why I suggested earlier to brighten the third brake light....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I think the side and rear is now 50%, the front 70%
Yup, that one i just copy the whole thing, main thing is to show that blinking lights are illegal LOL!

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
Nope, don't believe it any of those things. Besides, these accidents occur over two cars, old and new.
maybe u should change your driving style.. esp. when u're trying to slow down your vehicle / near traffic light.. :driver:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
it seems that you insist to install those blinking light anyway. then just proceed to any accessories shop and get it done. yes you will feel safer with those blinking lights, but not us that following you. it just hurt our eyes. TQ
Nope, not going to accessories shop, as already mentioned. I want flashing brake lights but not just any one will do. TQ.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
install some custom made bull bars :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:hmmmm: remembered sumthing, fren suggest spikes rather than bar & see wether anyone wants to hit u:biggrin:
Spikes, u might trip and kill yourself at home by accident. Having those bull bars is enough to keep people away from you. :smile:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

let us know if ur still being rear ended....im curious to know whether or not it worked...seriously i am.

or if u managed to trigger a seizure from the person (be it driver or passenger) behind u who happens to be suffering from Photosensitive epilepsy
The problem is, he would not notice/realize if there's a person having a seizure because it's behind him. :)

Anyway, just this evening while going home and stuck in traffic jam in Tun Razak, a Civic went into my lane in front of me and guess what, it had blinking lights in the shark fin antenna! And it kept on bloody blinking all the time! It was small light but pretty bright some more and it flash directly into the head/face level! How annoying and disturbing, I just had to keep avoiding as much as I could by looking to the side. :mad: Luckily a few mins later the bugger change lane again so I can overtake him. I'd pity anyone who got stuck behind this bugger. I wish later on a cop will spot that and give him a ticket.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com

Yes, I will let you all know the outcome, even after 2 years. I am curious myself.

Flashing causing seizure? Yes, that's possible, but that is like agreeing that using our turn signal may cause seizure.

I have decided not to go through the DIY route. I just ordered online a flashing brake light from the US. It should arrive in 1-2 weeks. It acts something like this video:

KAHTEC Third Brake "Blinking Smart Stop (Delay Version) - YouTube

Notice from the video that the flashing occurs for about 2 seconds, then turns solid. Pressing the brake again doesn't cause the flash unless it is 8 seconds or more after the last brake press.

The kit is very small (like a matchbox) and can be housed with the OEM third brake light.