GT Radial Champiro HPY

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you did at Leon's place in usj7 kah? i'm using it too..haha! very grippy but damn noisy. no complains of cornering
Yup, at Leon's place. With my noisy bass exhaust and ICE cannot hear the tyres......hahahaha:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
These few days have been raining heavily, and got chance to test them in the wet. Of course not hard braking, but high speed runs to test aquaplaning and is feeling pretty confident with them. Good steering feel and response unlike some tyres the steering become light....
How fast were you going? Be careful though since aquaplaning is not the only danger. The other one is visibility.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How fast were you going? Be careful though since aquaplaning is not the only danger. The other one is visibility.
Yup, of course when traffic is light and have space. Did not look at the meter, as concentrating on the road and traffic. Easily pass 110kmh already.....
Good thing is it does not wheel spin easily unlike my Blue Streak Stiletto tyres....:rolleyes:

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro VR, any feedback on HPX? since my friend found out about HPX, he since convince wana go for it...the threadlines also not bad - V lines i think, any feedback on Champiro HPX, welcome feedback...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haiizzz...so much for wanting to try GT HPX.....there is no size available ..at least in Malaysia for 215/45/17..so my friend's plan to use this brand was dashed today, as he call local distributor and they confirmed they didnt bring this size to Malaysia....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haiizzz...so much for wanting to try GT HPX.....there is no size available ..at least in Malaysia for 215/45/17..so my friend's plan to use this brand was dashed today, as he call local distributor and they confirmed they didnt bring this size to Malaysia....
Then use HPY, which is higher then HPX....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, my friend wanted hpx - the thread more aggressive...more garang..maybe he want to 'drive angry'
Yah! just like GY GS-D3 then they came out with GY Asy......

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Any for 205/40/17 bro? How is it vs achilles hehe
If HPY against ATR Sports, should be HPY better as it is newer with newer technology. If against ATR 2 then not too sure, have not tried them to compare....

Patmos

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
USJ
Wow sounds like a good buy after hearing VR's review.
I'm still in the mid of deciding which tire to change, currently running on N6000.
Was surveying around these days and considering a few brands; The N8000, T1-Sport and GY Asy 2.
I'm looking for a good sets of tire that can perform well in wet, so since VR uses both GY Asy2 & now HPY
just want to know whether the wet traction and aquaplaning of the HPY is on par as compare to GY Asy2?
and I also understand that it is made in Indo., so was bit skeptical of the quality. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow sounds like a good buy after hearing VR's review.
I'm still in the mid of deciding which tire to change, currently running on N6000.
Was surveying around these days and considering a few brands; The N8000, T1-Sport and GY Asy 2.
I'm looking for a good sets of tire that can perform well in wet, so since VR uses both GY Asy2 & now HPY
just want to know whether the wet traction and aquaplaning of the HPY is on par as compare to GY Asy2?
and I also understand that it is made in Indo., so was bit skeptical of the quality. :biggrin:
Well actually many top tire brands already have factories in Indonesia and they make good tires, such as certain range of BS Potenza, Dunlop, GY, and of course this GT Radial. FYI Michelin actually has partial ownership of GT Radial, and the factories there also produces some range of Michelin tires so quality should be good enough. Just like your Sony, IPhone, Nike, etc2. made in China anyway, right?

Patmos

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
USJ
No offend for Indonesia made product,
just that had a bad experience previously with Falken ZE522 which
were made in Indonesia too. Maybe it was the tread pattern that doesn't suit my driving style :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you guys know any good experience foreman that know how to do all the setup on adjustable suspension and arm. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience