Best engine to swap with AE 92

Feb 8, 2013
Johor
Hi , everyone first of all I am new to this club , here to get new ideas how mod. I just bought a AE92 liftback planning to swap the engine , but not sure which engine shud go for . I am planning to plant 1jz but not sure can anyone advice me if there's any turbo charge engine that's best for this model w.out changing the engine mount ? I am also looking for taillight for this model but plz help me on this . Tq

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If your stock engine is 1.6, forget about plonking a 1JZ series into it as 2.5 is well above the 30% JPJ rules. It can be done but car will
not be road legal.
Consider 4AGZE or 3S-GTE instead. A 4 throttle Silver top is quite decent too.

Spare parts for AE92 are plenty in half cut shop. Not sure about Johor but we have Mun Lee in Puchong and a lot other half cut runner in Klang.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi , everyone first of all I am new to this club , here to get new ideas how mod. I just bought a AE92 liftback planning to swap the engine , but not sure which engine shud go for . I am planning to plant 1jz but not sure can anyone advice me if there's any turbo charge engine that's best for this model w.out changing the engine mount ? I am also looking for taillight for this model but plz help me on this . Tq
Call this guy & he really can help u!
0197089896 Mr.Chin:driver:
sumore he located at Johor:)

Last edited:

RajAE92

Feb 8, 2013
Johor
Thank you guys , all your ideas I really aprpeciate . Hope to get more info from you guys tq cheers.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if don't wanna change engine mount, 4AGZE.. then add turbo to it :biggrin:

simple, cost effective & it's the most powerful engine in the 4A family :wink:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
If your current engine is 1.6, the highest you can go is 2.0. The one that really fits the bill is those 3SGE / 3SGTE. Not sure on the extra modifications needed though to fit the engine.

If your current engine is 1.3, just go for 4age. You have 4 engines to choose from (plug and play i think for all 4). 4AGE (AE92 model), 4AGZE (AE92 and AE101 model that comes with supercharger engine), 4AGE 20v aka silvertop (AE101 model) or 4AGE20v aka blacktop (AE111 model. Also can be found on a AE100 Corolla Wagon). You can go either NA or Supercas...
Transmission, you have the 4 speed auto, 5 speed manual or 6 speed manual (AE111 BZ-R).

To make things more freaky, go for twincharging (supercas and turbo...cor) hehehe. And of course sure your wallet also bocor la.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
best to follow the advices above... take note that too bug of an engine will also mean its heavy

and too heavy on the front will cause massive understeer

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience