VW Vapor in Head Lamp

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Take a photo when it happens, Take one focus on the headlamp only photo and another photo, take a photo of the headlamp together with your number plate. At least show them is really your car.

Another option, if u want to see such thing happen in your VW Headlamp again, send your car to car wash, surely will see it.

That happens to my 7 years old car, When it rains, my right hand side headlamp got vapor.
Left hand side one was okay. I think is time to do some sealant but before sealant, not sure
where I can get people to clean the inside of the headlamp. :hmmmm2:
Better be quick as it is still rainy days now haha..I think this kind of defect is difficult to detect in the manufacturing line. Out of 100 sure got maybe 1 or 2. Depends how lucky we are to get a good one.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Better be quick as it is still rainy days now haha..I think this kind of defect is difficult to detect in the manufacturing line. Out of 100 sure got maybe 1 or 2. Depends how lucky we are to get a good one.
Probably now that he want to take picture, it does not vaporized..........:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Funny thing is my friend bought his Chery Eastar brand new, then bring out shopping mall and even
drive me home...

When we reach the parking lot, I say eh, both of your headlamps got vapor leh...consider masuk
air liao...

Then he said "no la normal la, raining ma.." I was like...ermmm okay since he is not the type
that u can talk sense into...:rofl:

China car got such thing I dont blame, but VW? :stoned:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
YYC

I do not see any water inside though... vapor appeared after a heavy downpour yesterday while i was driving... it was bright so only that little lamp was on.

I am sure there is a leakage somewhere to allow vapor to form inside and then escape thereafter. Which is not a good thing

Arghhhhhhh... seems like P***** quality lamps
Loll.. Even my P***** headlamp also didn't vapor.. Both of them, neo and perdana. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Funny thing is my friend bought his Chery Eastar brand new, then bring out shopping mall and even
drive me home...

When we reach the parking lot, I say eh, both of your headlamps got vapor leh...consider masuk
air liao...

Then he said "no la normal la, raining ma.." I was like...ermmm okay since he is not the type

My wife's China mari SUV headlamps okay woh! 2 years already......:driver:

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Show them (VW SC) your picture.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

will definitely bring it to service center.. im still dissapointed... but not many ppl working today arghhh

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Take a photo when it happens, Take one focus on the headlamp only photo and another photo, take a photo of the headlamp together with your number plate. At least show them is really your car.

Another option, if u want to see such thing happen in your VW Headlamp again, send your car to car wash, surely will see it.

That happens to my 7 years old car, When it rains, my right hand side headlamp got vapor.
Left hand side one was okay. I think is time to do some sealant but before sealant, not sure
where I can get people to clean the inside of the headlamp. :hmmmm2:
It will only happen when the daylight lights is on.. not when the main lights are on.

And washing the car does not have this.... and the vapor is definitely inside.. i purposely drove in the rain yesterday just to see it happen again... arghhhhhhhhhh...

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

drive me home...

air liao...

hahahaha... if it is our local made also i would accept la... but but... german wor.... how can like that??

Your fren really selamba la...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
VW also got factory in China

Dont be surprised if its Made In China, assembled elsewhere....
Not all Made in China stuffs are not good. Made in China by China Company with budget pricing then you got to worry. If made by VW factory in China, then should be okay because cannot be 100% one. Probably he was the unlucky one to get the defective headlamp.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, some china made stuffs are good. Such as Kyosho that made in China haha

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It will only happen when the daylight lights is on.. not when the main lights are on.

And washing the car does not have this.... and the vapor is definitely inside.. i purposely drove in the rain yesterday just to see it happen again... arghhhhhhhhhh...

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

hahahaha... if it is our local made also i would accept la... but but... german wor.... how can like that??

Your fren really selamba la...
Even Japanese cars have faults bro..the initial fault is not so important as long as they are willing, and with a smile, rectify the problem. If the quality is damn good but service is bad, dat's even more rubbish coz for sure no 100% cars rolling out from the factory is perfect. Sure a few person dissatisfied.

Ok, this might be boring to read. The vapor inside the lamp is because of condensation. The seal is not tight enough thus vapor sneak in. Moreover there's no ventilation inside the lamp, thus when raining, it gets very humid inside. But when you switch on the headlights, the air temperature inside gets higher thus can contain more water particles so no visible vapor is seen.

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Even Japanese cars have faults bro..the initial fault is not so important as long as they are willing, and with a smile, rectify the problem. If the quality is damn good but service is bad, dat's even more rubbish coz for sure no 100% cars rolling out from the factory is perfect. Sure a few person dissatisfied.

Ok, this might be boring to read. The vapor inside the lamp is because of condensation. The seal is not tight enough thus vapor sneak in. Moreover there's no ventilation inside the lamp, thus when raining, it gets very humid inside. But when you switch on the headlights, the air temperature inside gets higher thus can contain more water particles so no visible vapor is seen.
Thanks...did not manage to go see them today...willl monitor the lamp for a few more days and off i go to the dealer for an explanation or replacement.

Anyone else having this similar problem?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heloo....all sifu...jst wanna know that...izit any car can add a Turbo on it????.....some said no power to bost it....but y kancill 660cc got turbo ?? sorry for my stupid mind....hehe.... :tee: .....pls teach me k....thanksssssssssssssssss
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience