VW Vapor in Head Lamp

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All ...

I am new to this... I would like to find out whether it is normal for VW headlamps to have vapor while driving and only when it rains?

I am attaching a picture here for easy reference

Thanks

Attachments

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Bro, your car looks new...what year is the car? If is still under warranty just go there and ask them to change it.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
what!!! you mean the car 1 day old only ah...wah...than cannot accept lor...really need to ask them change new car...
Lol like iPhone one to one exchange haha...I think the most is only they will change a headlamp for him.

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, your car looks new...what year is the car? If is still under warranty just go there and ask them to change it.
Dan

The car is only one day old.. but im not sure how to redo the vapor on the spot for them to see

arghhhhhh

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Lol like iPhone one to one exchange haha...I think the most is only they will change a headlamp for him.
I also hope they do a one for one exchange... i would not mind an upgrade also ehehhehe

I was also expecting top quality from VW... but now I am dissapointed...

Lets see what they say on Monday... I will update here on the outcome

Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
If there is water inside the headlamp assembly, vapour will most likely appear when outside ambience temp is higher then inside the headlamp.

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If there is water inside the headlamp assembly, vapour will most likely appear when outside ambience temp is higher then inside the headlamp.
YYC

I do not see any water inside though... vapor appeared after a heavy downpour yesterday while i was driving... it was bright so only that little lamp was on.

I am sure there is a leakage somewhere to allow vapor to form inside and then escape thereafter. Which is not a good thing

Arghhhhhhh... seems like P***** quality lamps

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
YYC

I do not see any water inside though... vapor appeared after a heavy downpour yesterday while i was driving... it was bright so only that little lamp was on.

I am sure there is a leakage somewhere to allow vapor to form inside and then escape thereafter. Which is not a good thing

Arghhhhhhh... seems like P***** quality lamps
Made in Chengdou, China ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dan

The car is only one day old.. but im not sure how to redo the vapor on the spot for them to see

arghhhhhh

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I also hope they do a one for one exchange... i would not mind an upgrade also ehehhehe

I was also expecting top quality from VW... but now I am dissapointed...

Lets see what they say on Monday... I will update here on the outcome
Show them (VW SC) your picture.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

My colleague change his iphone twice already, probably they send his back for repair and it will be circulated to next complaint/exchange......:confused:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My colleague change his iphone twice already, probably they send his back for repair and it will be circulated to next complaint/exchange......:confused:
Yes. The repair the phone and then exchange with ppl who encountered faulty phones like your friend. So it is only literally new haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dan

Take a photo when it happens, Take one focus on the headlamp only photo and another photo, take a photo of the headlamp together with your number plate. At least show them is really your car.

Another option, if u want to see such thing happen in your VW Headlamp again, send your car to car wash, surely will see it.

That happens to my 7 years old car, When it rains, my right hand side headlamp got vapor.
Left hand side one was okay. I think is time to do some sealant but before sealant, not sure
where I can get people to clean the inside of the headlamp. :hmmmm2:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to brozz out there.
Im looking for this car. Its not stolen, i sold this car to a youngster on june 2011 n he promise me that he will make jpj inspection n transfer name, few months later i checked whether the owner do make the transfer name o not n i found out tht there is no transfer name n got summons. Road tax exp n 3 months ago my friend saw it at sunway area. Please do help me to notice the car n the owner. I cant reach him. Switch off the fon.

White color civic ek3 with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience