What's the next car u gonna get after this?

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
As the topic says, is there any car U would like to own in the near future? Of course we're talking about something U can afford and seriously thought of getting, no million ringgit supercar pleaseee...heheehe...

To make things interesting, lets share how & why U come to this conclusion. I'm listing down cars I've owned or driven, cars that made an impact on me, cars I grew up with, in the order from day one I started driving, from past to present..

1. Suzuki Swift - 16-years old then, trying out my friend's sister's car, my 1st ever encounter with manual transmission + clutch :driver:
2. Datsun 120Y - Driving school...where else...
3. Mitsu Colt hatchback - my 1st ride, 2nd hand ugly looking car, but consider very fortunate at that time..
4. Proton Saga - mom's car.
5. Nissan C20 van - dad's car.
6. Mitsubishi L300 4x4 van - dad's car.
7. Isuzu Trooper 4x4 - mom's car.
8. Proton Wira 1.6 XLI - my 2nd ride, college years..
9. Proton Iswara silver auto- friend's ride, used to race each other then. How stupid we were, luckily no one was hurt..
10. Jeep Cherokee 2.5 4x4 - dad's car, able to wheelspin in 2wd mode...fun!!!
11. 1988 Honda Civic (LHD) - 1st year studying in Michigan, US. Bought & shared this car with a classmate..
12. 1990 Mazda MX6 (LHD) - my 3rd ride, had a mishap & learnt my 1st lesson on "understeer" during winter driving..
13. 1991 Ford Probe (LHD) - friend's car.
14. 1990 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6 (LHD) - friend's car.
15. 1993 Mitsubihi Eclipse turbo (LHD) - friend's car. Similar spec to Evo 1,2,3, comes in 2 models GST(2wd) & GSX(4wd).
16. Toyota Hiace diesel - company's car, 1st job working in Changi, Singapore.
17. 2001 Saturn S (LHD) - my 4th ride, back in US coz of job transfer. A no-frills 4-door sedan by GM, most economical new car in US.
18. Perodua Rusa van - bro's 1st ride, cant's believe we actually drove this to Taman Negara!!!
19. Mazda Fighter 4x4 turbo diesel - dad's car, my 1st drive in a turbo diesel. Sold to my company, just overhauled at 450,000km.
20. Ford Ranger 4x4 turbo diesel - bro's 2nd ride, went up Cameron Highland, fell in love with the torque!!!
21. Kia Rocsta 4x4 diesel - don't know how & why my dad got it. Under-power, but short wheelbase gave it amazing off-road capabilities!!
22. Proton Perdana V6 - uncle's car, gotta agree the more cylinder the better, one of the very few Proton I actually liked.
23. Daihatsu Delta - need a GDL to drive this light duty truck, it's slow & ride was harsh, but could transport up to 2-tons of payload.
24. Proton Waja auto- mom's car.
25. Proton Waja manual - my 5th ride, uses Mitsubishi 1.6 sohc mill, poor quality interior & fittings, squeak & oink after few months..
26. Perodua Myvi - sis's 1st ride. Responsive, nimble, & fuel efficient. Wish there's more boot space. Perfect for K3VET turbo transplant.
27. Proton Satria Neo - sis's 2nd ride, handling & looks of this car is great in stock form, the Campro engine & interior is a disappointment.
28. Naza Ria 2.5 V6 - dad's family car, a copycat of Kia Carnival, responsive V6, fuel guzzler, lousy suspension & engine cooling.
29. Volvo S40 turbo - wife's car, low pressure turbo, linear engine response, comfortable & solid ride. High maintenance.
30. Nissan Frontier 4x4 turbo diesel - my 6th ride, "froggy" looks, full tank diesel 650km, good acceleration, top-speed only 150km/h =(
31. Isuzu Dmax 4x2 turbo diesel - bro's 3rd ride, good looks & fuel economy, no intercooler, no 4x4 & severely underpower!!
32. Honda CRV i-vtec - inlaw's car, 2.0 i-vtec not sufficient to haul this heavyweight, rear suspension too soft & bottoms out.
33. Subaru STI ver8 - bro's 4th ride, everything stock except engine re-map, 320hp neck breaking acceleration & handling, 6-speed close ratio 3000rpm @ 100km/h only! Full tank petrol 300km only! Great weekend/track car!!! But not practical as daily commuter, suspension too stiff & can be very tiring on long journey. Wife will hate it, kids will love it....for a limited time only.
34. Nissan Navara 4x4 turbo diesel - company car, 170hp and 400Nm torque, 6-speed manual, 190km/h top speed, full tank diesel 650km, comfortable front coil springs, spacious interior. We've installed a Race-chip PNP piggyback for additional +25hp, carried over 1-tonne payload & still pulled away effortlessly. Slight turbo lag at low RPM, but excellent mid-high RPM range, power comes almost instantly even at speed above 100km/h in 5th gear. Great for overtaking on highways, great bang for the buck!! :top:
35. Honda Odyssey 2.4 - in-laws, fully imported CBU unit. Almost 8-years old now, still drives as good. Excellent built quality by Japanese, can't compare with local assembled Hondas. Comfortable, fuel efficient, & problem-free.
36. Honda Jazz 1.4 IDSI - wife's car, starts right up on 1st crank every-time, fuel efficient, uninspiring performance. CVT gearbox is a common problem, vibrates when accelerates hard from standstill. Dun get a car with CVT if U're an aggressive driver!!! Another common problem is its rear wheel bearing.
37. Honda City 1.5 IDSI - bro-inlaw's car. Same as above, slightly more Ooommph from the engine, comes with (+/-) buttons on steering wheel, HUGE trunk for a small car.
38. Merc Benz E200 Kompressor - dad's car. 1800cc supercharged.
39. Honda Jazz 1.5 vtec - sis in-law's car. Most powerful within the Jazz & City family. Also has that rear wheel bearing issue.
40. Honda City 1.5 i-vtec - friend's car. Long frontal design. Drive-by-wire and paddle shift. Excellent highway cruiser & fuel efficient. Will hate this car when going up-hill or when U want to overtake. No rush at all unless U're in the high RPM range. Low torque = no fun. Glad Honda threw away the CVT & put in a 5-speed A/T.
41. Honda Accord 2.0 i-vtec - company's car, longer & wider, looks good inside out, good NVH, lacking power at mid-high range.
42. Ford Fiesta 1.6 - sis's car. Quick, nimble, & fuel efficient. The dual clutch gearbox can be bit jerky during low speed up-slope situation, need time getting used to it, then U'll know how to manage the gas pedal. For around RM85k, nothing else comes close in-terms of engine performance, 6-speed gearbox, handling, safety features, electronic gizmo found in a Fiesta. :top:
43. BMW 523 - in-laws. Latest 5 series with inline 6-cylinder 2500cc direct-injection N/A mill. The quietest ride & smoothest engine I've ever experienced so far. Responsive 200hp will push the car beyond 110km/h so fast & quiet, U won't realized how fast U're driving at all. Speedometer shows 120km/h, car feels like going 70km/h only!!
44. Merc Benz B180 - in-laws. Dun like the looks & small interior. Underpowered.
45. Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo - Current ride. I've always refer the Airtrek turbo as a "wolf in sheep skin". Based on the Evo7 underpinning, it has a tough chassis & powerful 240hp engine, AWD handling, and enough room to cater those with family. Cons are its weak auto gearbox & high FC. Did some work to mine to overcomes its weaknesses, it's now an Evo in disguise.

I will probably keep the trek even if I get my next ride. It's gonna house a common-rail turbo diesel powerplant for sure. See below for some examples of what modern diesel can do...

To be continued...

Ermm...bro you have created the thread under the wrong category which is Malaysia Airtrek Club Column.

1) Honda CR-Z
2) Ford Focus ST 2012

As the topic says, is there any car U would like to own in the near future? Of course we're talking about something U can afford and seriously thought of getting, no million ringgit supercar pleaseee...heheehe.

To make things interesting, lets share how & why U come to this conclusion. I'm listing down cars I've owned or driven, in the order from day one I started driving...

1. Suzuki swift - 16-years old then, trying out my friend's sister's car, my 1st ever encounter with manual transmission + clutch :driver:
2. Nissan 120Y - Driving school
3. Mitsu Colt hatchback - my 1st ride
4. to be continued...
Btw you yourself, what's your next car or the car you're aiming?

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
1. Kancil 660 auto back in 2001 (friend's car). Later get stolen around 2007. Driving in KL without license. I was in form 3 at that time.
2. Kancil 660 (driving school).
3. Iswara aeroback 1.3 (medium mod) 2002 to 2012. Sold to one of my friend.
4. Evo 7 (current car), lmst for daily driving.

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
Interesting topic. I got my 1st car back in 1993. A Mitsubishi Colt Mirage 1.4L manual - with 2 gears (4 speed + high&low gear)

What I'd like to own next, I'll probably sell my Airtrek and get a Subaru WRX Version 8 or 9.

First car I drove was my dad's Mazda pickup van. I crashed into the garage when I first drove it at the age of 12. Scare the hell out of me.

peeche

May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
As the topic says, is there any car U would like to own in the near future? Of course we're talking about something U can afford and seriously thought of getting, no million ringgit supercar pleaseee...heheehe...

To make things interesting, lets share how & why U come to this conclusion. I'm listing down cars I've owned or driven, cars that made an impact on me, cars I grew up with, in the order from day one I started driving, from past to present..

1. Suzuki Swift - 16-years old then, trying out my friend's sister's car, my 1st ever encounter with manual transmission + clutch :driver:
2. Datsun 120Y - Driving school...where else...
3. Mitsu Colt hatchback - my 1st ride, 2nd hand ugly looking car, but consider very fortunate at that time..
4. Proton Saga - mom's car
5. Nissan C20 van - dad's car
6. Mitsubishi L300 4x4 van - dad's car
7. Isuzu Trooper 4x4 - mom's car
8. Proton Wira 1.6 XLI - my 2nd ride, college years..
9. Proton Iswara silver auto- friend's ride, used to race each other then. How stupid we were, luckily no one was hurt..
10. Jeep Cherokee 2.5 4x4 - dad's car, able to wheelspin in 2wd mode...fun!!!
11. 1988 Honda Civic (RHD) - 1st year studying in Michigan, US. Bought & shared this car with a classmate..
12. 1990 Mazda MX6 (RHD) - my 3rd ride, had a mishap & learnt my 1st lesson on "understeer" during winter driving..
13. 1991 Ford Probe (RHD) - friend's car
14. 1993 Mitsubihi Eclipse turbo (RHD) - friend's car. Similar spec to Evo 1,2,3, comes in 2 models GST(2wd) & GSX(4wd)
15. Toyota Hiace diesel - company's car, 1st job working in Changi, Singapore
16. 2001 Saturn S (RHD) - my 4th ride, back in US coz of job transfer. A no-frills 4-door sedan by GM, most economical new car in US
17. Perodua Rusa van - bro's 1st ride, cant's believe we actually drove this to Taman Negara!!!
18. 2000 Mazda Fighter 4x4 turbo diesel - dad's car, my 1st drive in a turbo diesel.
19. 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 turbo diesel - bro's 2nd ride, went up Cameron Highland, fell in love with the torque!!!
20. Kia Rocsta 4x4 diesel - don't know how & why my dad got it. Under-power, but short wheelbase gave it amazing off-road capabilities!!

Daihatsu Delta
Proton Waja
Perodua Myvi
Proton Satria Neo
Naza Ria 2.5 V6
Isuzu D-max
Nissan Frontier
Subaru STI ver8
Nissan Navara 4x4
Honda Odyssey
Honda Accord 2.4
Ford Fiesta 1.6
Merc Benz E200 Kompressor
Honda Jazz
Honda City
BMW 523
Merc Benz B180
Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo

To be continued...
(RHD) ermmm.. i'm sure you have mistaken between LHD. btw you are lucky to have your own car since shcool.

my first car was a Honda CRX.. totalled it into a swamp.. by that time i bought it 3rd hand for RM15k.. VTEC summore.. nowadays the price is :banghead::banghead::banghead:

my next ride should be a Honda Civic Hybrid or Honda Crossover.. still confuse.. both with same price tag.. but one have less space + fuel economy.. one have ample space + less fuel economy. :hmmmm:

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
(RHD) ermmm.. i'm sure you have mistaken between LHD. btw you are lucky to have your own car since shcool.

my first car was a Honda CRX.. totalled it into a swamp.. by that time i bought it 3rd hand for RM15k.. VTEC summore.. nowadays the price is :banghead::banghead::banghead:

my next ride should be a Honda Civic Hybrid or Honda Crossover.. still confuse.. both with same price tag.. but one have less space + fuel economy.. one have ample space + less fuel economy. :hmmmm:
Yup peeche, LHD....thanks for the correction =)
Very fortunate indeed.
There are other makes that can offer both space + fuel economy, if U willing to consider ;)

peeche

May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Yup peeche, LHD....thanks for the correction =)
Very fortunate indeed.
There are other makes that can offer both space + fuel economy, if U willing to consider ;)
actually i'm not a big fan of "H" tag.
but i after visit my parents that settled out at Qatar, my passion toward "H" brand become stronger.
my dad bought a SUV called Honda Pilot after owning a CRV and Civic there.
this SUV exterior and interior design is just :adore::adore::adore:
very muscular. interior is super lux.! and yet it's powered by a 3.5v6 i-vtec. :adore:

logically i can't afford to bring home this SUV or even bought it if Honda Malaysia bring it in.
then i saw a Honda Crossover in a recond dealership. it's like mini Honda Pilot, that comes with indentical design but it might be 25% smaller. comes with affordable price tag. easy maintenance and parts from R20 engine, and i've fall in love with this car.... until those new Civic Hybrid launched.. they left me in dillema.. :banghead:

*correction Honda Crossroad not Crossover.. hhehehe

Jan 22, 2007
wira.own car....wira.converte3 own car-sold last month..........now civic et-tomoro wana tesr drive altezza just in case wanna chage to altezza huhuh but..........4 years more hopefuly evo8 muahaha

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Ermm...bro you have created the thread under the wrong category which is Malaysia Airtrek Club Column.

1) Honda CR-Z
2) Ford Focus ST 2012
Nope....I wanted to post it within MAC, but all feedback are welcome, regardless whether U own a Mitsu Airtrek or not. Your response is much appreciated.

peeche

May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Nope....I wanted to post it within MAC, but all feedback are welcome, regardless whether U own a Mitsu Airtrek or not. Your response is much appreciated.
ouchhh.. luckily i'm currently use a malaysian car paired with Misu engine. :rofl:
but what can do, zaman sudah tamat. no more modding. all investment will goes to family and house.

ouchhh.. luckily i'm currently use a malaysian car paired with Misu engine. :rofl:
but what can do, zaman sudah tamat. no more modding. all investment will goes to family and house.
Inspira? :biggrin:

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..