Auto Gearbox prob

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
My Nissan Serena wont move when I start the car and put the gear to 'D'. I put on '2'...then only can move. After drive a few hundred metres, then only the 'D' can move the car.

Then when I put it to 'N'...and then put to 'D'...it will take 3 seconds b4 the car moves.

Why?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
how long ago was the atf changed? i wud look at the linkages, and then the valve body

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
My Nissan Serena wont move when I start the car and put the gear to 'D'. I put on '2'...then only can move. After drive a few hundred metres, then only the 'D' can move the car.

Then when I put it to 'N'...and then put to 'D'...it will take 3 seconds b4 the car moves.

Why?
Usually if it takes 3 seconds to get into "D" its a body valve problem. But try changing the ATF and filter first like xtremeleo said. Before to change the ATF&filter, it could also be because of the AT selector switch needs to be changed on the gearbox. When in N then you put D it takes 3 sec to engage. Then you try N and straight engage 2 and it take 3 secs then its not the AT selector switch. If from N to 2 it engages straight away like normal then its an AT switch problem.

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
Usually if it takes 3 seconds to get into "D" its a body valve problem. But try changing the ATF and filter first like xtremeleo said. Before to change the ATF&filter, it could also be because of the AT selector switch needs to be changed on the gearbox. When in N then you put D it takes 3 sec to engage. Then you try N and straight engage 2 and it take 3 secs then its not the AT selector switch. If from N to 2 it engages straight away like normal then its an AT switch problem.

Where is this At switch located?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I have flushed the ATF...put in the new ATF Filter, new Gasket and nw ATF Fluid. The D still hesitates...but it took lesser time now to engage....but still....I hoped that it will be as fast as when I shifted from N to 2.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,
yr torque converter is weak already...so the response kinda slow...try change ATF fluid n the AT filter for now and see if it felt better...usually it will felt better as u mentioned earlier....but once the oil gets dirty, it will delay again in engaging gear....
its time to recond the gb or change to a used unit from chopshop....if the problem still there, very soon u will not move even u engage to D or 2 or even L......anyway just my opinion...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
flushing the old atf out completely may help, my fren has done dis before in a wira 1.6. the thing is, its not cheap to perform, hence y i didnt suggested it earlier

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

I know it suppose to be hot during engine on but do they also hot during enggine off?

Morning engine checking and accidently touch it and found out very hot. Ignition key off and engine not start yet. Before this it cold during morning.

Not sure what the cause but it's something to do with resistor faulty? Any method to check if this resistor faulty and what is the common sympton?

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience