LAUNCH: Proton Prevé (From RM59,990 to RM72,990 OTR)!

Will you buy the Proton Prevé?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Colt is CVT.

I did a quick search on the Colt CZT (Turbo+CVT). Haven't come across reports of transmission failure. So I guess to be fair there is yet hope.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Erm.. underdog? Perhaps the Latio drives well but looks awful. Sentra 1.6 drives awful. Sentra 1.8 is overpriced. Mazda2 not bad.

But then again this is my own opinion.

As for the Preve, nice review Deaconfrost!
If put Latio and Vios together I think will be hard to judge...The Latio Hatch is quite nice actually. Also the Mazda2 is not bad compare to Vios but just the branding is not strong here...

Its like people are all locked inside the Toyota or Honda box.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If put Latio and Vios together I think will be hard to judge...The Latio Hatch is quite nice actually. Also the Mazda2 is not bad compare to Vios but just the branding is not strong here...

Its like people are all locked inside the Toyota or Honda box.
Aiya taiko, that's why I pointed out it's my own opinion. I dislike the Latio at any angle with any bodykit. It's just god-awful to look at imho. But drives pretty well this I gotta admit.

Toyota or Honda box... well there's a few reasons for that not including the performance of the cars. Easy accessibility of parts, cheaper parts, maintenance is cheaper, insane resale value, just to name a few. If I had loads of cash in hand I'd get myself a Audi A4T 2008 model and do it up. But that'll probably cost more than buying it 2nd hand.

Anyway we're digressing.

Note : I like the way how the conversation is going on here. This should be the way for all of our conversations! Very little flaming and lots of factual discussion so kudos to all for the highly mature talk!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Included in the standard mix are LED lights, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), active headrests and anti-trap power window (driver's side only), front driver and passenger airbags and possess 4G accessibility. However, YES 4G has been integrated into the Premium Prevé, whereas the Executive allows you to remove the 4G unit for greater mobility.

The Prevé Executive comes with an IAFM+ engine that churns out 107bhp at 5,750rpm and 150Nm of torque at 4,000rpm and allows the buyer to choose either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed CVT gearbox which will cost RM59,990 OTR or RM62,990 OTR respectively.

i'm quite scared reading all those electronic controlled thingy..

if 1 chip burns, u won't be able to start ur car..

i also scared to see my lil bro's Hybrid Lexus.. so many electronic things..

but , that's just me :wink:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the preve executive seem less electronics and price diff is more than 10k

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, yup understood clearly it's your opinion....I also like how the conversations goes actually no flaming and personal attack but Nissan parts also easy to find. Price wise also quite cheap...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Izso, yup understood clearly it's your opinion....I also like how the conversations goes actually no flaming and personal attack but Nissan parts also easy to find. Price wise also quite cheap...
well it was almost flame-free until one fine individual decides to resort to personal assault. :nurse:

Here's some numbers, and commentary from RS Dynotune @ Puchong.

Here is it Power and Torque graph for the latest Proton Preve 1.6CFE turbo engine courtesy of Proton Edar from Seri Kembangan (012-3338621).
It is more power and torque than what Proton claims.
Full power is not available at lower gears resulting in massive turbo lag. We suspect this is done to prolong the life of the CVT transmission. Stock fuel tuning is very lean thru out the whole operating range at 14.7:1 AFR and causes engine knock before and after turbo boost kicks in. At this air fuel ratio, especially at high RPM and high load, the engine will run very hot.

For reference, a fully stock Proton Satria Neo 1.6 makes 112hp on our dyno, not far from what is claimed. So this high figures are real and not as a result of our dyno reading high.
The other good news is that this car now supports OBD2 universal protocol which means you can connect a cheap bluetooth OBD2 adapter and run app such as TORQUE on your android phone to read ecu data such as RPM, boost, temperature, ignition timing etc.
My comments: Very lean? Hardly what most other manufacturers would do for a turbo vehicle. Knocking? Seriously, I am surprised. I think if they have nobody capable of tuning it they should outsource it to the professionals like GT Auto or N1 Racing.

The 7-speed ProTronic CVT gearbox - Punch PowerTrain’s VT3 gearbox has a maximum torque tolerance of 215Nm only. The engine in stock form does 232Nm *good job*, I wonder how long it'll last.

For comparison, the Mitsubishi Colt CZT uses an Aisin supplied CVT gearbox. If you have no clue who Aisin is go ask Google.

Punch on the other hand, manufactures ZF licensed CVT gearbox and most cars using it is of China manufacturers. I'm skeptical.

Attachments

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Full power is not available at lower gears resulting in massive turbo lag. We suspect this is done to prolong the life of the CVT transmission. Stock fuel tuning is very lean thru out the whole operating range at 14.7:1 AFR and causes engine knock before and after turbo boost kicks in. At this air fuel ratio, especially at high RPM and high load, the engine will run very hot.
Lean? 14.7:1 sounds pretty good. It is stoic. I've heard of BOTs that run on 15:1 on low load. Of course when load is high, it wil be around 13:1. But averagely, 14.7:1 sounds pretty good. No? Correct me if i'm wrong.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
it's either the dyno machine give wrong reading or the 215Nm cvt box max. torque input, is just an attempt from proton to deter their customer from upgrading their turbo and have to deal with warranty claim.

But the way RS dyno claimed their dyno machine is accurate a bit dubious, they should show prove their machine is properly calibrated.

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
it's either the dyno machine give wrong reading or the 215Nm cvt box max. torque input, is just an attempt from proton to deter their customer from upgrading their turbo and have to deal with warranty claim.

But the way RS dyno claimed their dyno machine is accurate a bit dubious, they should show prove their machine is properly calibrated.
I immediately stop when i saw 232Nm. this cant be true at all. higher than proton claimed? hahaha. RS dynotune machine is not properly calibrated , if i is, well, no2, cannot be true la higher than claimed by manufacturer.

14.7/1 i think this is the ratio number for complete combustion, if my F4 chemistry memory is still ok.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all
not long ago there is a new trend that ppl make their car higher..
some is just make the butt of the car higher (very high, for a sedan)
some is make the whole car higher (like wan to go offroad)

to my supprise.. this trend seems like reaches my hometown also
yesterday go out saw so many high car

mostly r wira,
some r kancil also (with extra large wheel)

i just wan to ask all
how to raise the height of the car?
without changing absorber+spring

is there any spacer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience