Mythbuster/Does-it-work? Steering wheel column snapping off?

ap3xi

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
bro sorry to say its your own fault. Why u buy fake HKB bosskit in the 1st place? ive been using ORIGINAL HKB from japan for so many cars no problem. Original HKB bosskit about rm100. RM25 for bosskit sure from CHINA la, the box already labeled HUB lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro sorry to say its your own fault. Why u buy fake HKB bosskit in the 1st place? ive been using ORIGINAL HKB from japan for so many cars no problem. Original HKB bosskit about rm100. RM25 for bosskit sure from CHINA la, the box already labeled HUB lol
You know what, I never noticed that. :biggrin:

Ok anyway lesson learnt already. No point rubbing it in further.

And the keypoint here is a lot of people are using cheap bosskits like this. I'm just proving a point. You got a good one so good for you.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
izso..
how bout ppl using those quick release steering hub? if im on track then suddenly press the release button
& steering cabut how? i wonder will that ever happen? :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
izso..
how bout ppl using those quick release steering hub? if im on track then suddenly press the release button
& steering cabut how? i wonder will that ever happen? :biggrin:
You quickly reconnect it and continue driving like a bawse!! :biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
You quickly reconnect it and continue driving like a bawse!! :biggrin:
LOL... Like Takumi Bunta? Let go off steering while drifting? :rofl:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Awesome article. Wanted to reply saying that your boss kit is not an original one but seems like someone already pointed that out to you. HKB and HUB is not the same although the box is designed to imitate. Get the original dude.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Awesome article. Wanted to reply saying that your boss kit is not an original one but seems like someone already pointed that out to you. HKB and HUB is not the same although the box is designed to imitate. Get the original dude.
Yeah thanks. But the key point to take home wasn't so much the branding, but the fact that lots of people these days buy cheap boss-kits to use with their expensive Momos and Nardis. My article just proves it's not worth it.

I got myself a fully metal Evo boss kit which I'll be installing and updating here today or tomorrow. That one looks x10000000 times better

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso had went thru pain to tell us all that dun buy those fake steering wheel bosskits....
u will face the consequences if u do..hhee.
To be honest I didn't expect the damn thing to break. But I guess it's a lesson learnt for me too.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But actually bosskit breaking rate is not that high la actually.... juz my point of view....
You're probably right.

But again - the key is "CHEAP poor quality bosskit" breaking, not so much bosskit in general.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
another thing is be gentle on the steering... especially when u brake.

Yewwing broke his steering when testing his new brake setup. :biggrin:
HA???? What broke? The Steering itself? He's using a boss kit too right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience