Mythbuster/Does-it-work? Steering wheel column snapping off?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This is a damn useful post man! Thanks for bringing this awareness to us! And thank GOd nothing happened to you!

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
wow. crazy..
u test crappy bosskit and left ur stock steering at home ah?

anyone who is on a cheap ass bosskit should keep the stock steering wheel in their car boot for emergency like this lah.. :thefinger:

anyway, my ori HKB still lives on after 4 years.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wow. crazy..
u test crappy bosskit and left ur stock steering at home ah?

anyone who is on a cheap ass bosskit should keep the stock steering wheel in their car boot for emergency like this lah.. :thefinger:

anyway, my ori HKB still lives on after 4 years.
Erm... mine's not the so-called "crappy bosskit". It's an 'ori' HKB. Perhaps I just got a lemon unit and yours was a good one.

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Happened to a friend of mine as well but cannot recall the brand name of the steering wheel. In his case he had plenty of warning before it happened but he buat tak tau only. In his case the allenkey bolt patah one by one & as it patah one by one he can feel the steering wheel goyang but continued to drive until the last bolt patah & the steering wheel came off.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Happened to a friend of mine as well but cannot recall the brand name of the steering wheel. In his case he had plenty of warning before it happened but he buat tak tau only. In his case the allenkey bolt patah one by one & as it patah one by one he can feel the steering wheel goyang but continued to drive until the last bolt patah & the steering wheel came off.
That's not as nasty as my snap-off. At least your friend can plead ignorance, mine was just pure bad luck!

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Erm... mine's not the so-called "crappy bosskit". It's an 'ori' HKB. Perhaps I just got a lemon unit and yours was a good one.
oh ok, maybe mine was better built coz my bosskit model is the auto-cruise model (with 3 auto-cruise buttons on top).
and i think the material is like some kind of alloy not aluminum.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Lucky you bro izso.. i can't imagine if you are taking high speed bend at that time.. what should we do then?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My advice? Don't brake and let the car cruise until it stops itself. If you can grab hold of the steering column with lots of tissue (to pad it) and stop it from swerving.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why do people like to change the steering wheel anyway??? Especially when some cars have the air bag in the steering.... o.O

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why do people like to change the steering wheel anyway??? Especially when some cars have the air bag in the steering.... o.O
I dunno man. But since mine doesn't have air bag, I can tell why I changed mine. The steering grip is much better with the replacement steering. Stock steering grip is kinda thin for my fat stubby hands.

ronzai89

Sep 6, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I dunno man. But since mine doesn't have air bag, I can tell why I changed mine. The steering grip is much better with the replacement steering. Stock steering grip is kinda thin for my fat stubby hands.
thats the reason y you should lose weight :biggrin:

oh yeah im mentioning myself too. :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I meant the Sp4H used on the Satria Neo. This is because I have think I will bore up the engine a little and use custom pistons and conrods and go for supercharging. Getting a mitsubishi engine is a good idea but too risky in my country as its illegal.

Anyone knows how much I can bore up the engine w/o making the walls too thin for forced induction?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience