Golf R finally arrives!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
VW Golf R finally arrives! Passat CC R-line also revealed!

We waited, and waited, and the wait is now finally over. It is official - the Golf R has finally landed on our shores! Just to quickly go through the stats once more: 2.0L turbo mated to a 6-speed DSG box, 255PS and 330Nm, 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC), lowered ride height, retuned springs, dampers and stabilizers, 19-inch 'Talladega' alloys wrapped in 235/35 R19 rubbers, zerotohundred in 5.7 seconds, and a top speed of 250km/h. On the inside, the Golf R sports the 'Motorsports Bucket Seats' that are upholstered in 'Vienna' leather, RNS510 paired with a 300W 8-speaker premium audio system, as well as a tilt/slide glass sunroof.

The Golf R is offered in six external shades - Candy White, Tornado Red, Rising Blue, Reflex Silver, United Grey, and Deep Black (our favourite is undoubtedly Rising Blue! This seems to be an increasingly popular colour in recent times) and is priced at RM268,888. It is available for booking at all authorized Volkswagen dealers nationwide.

Launched at the same time with was the Passat CC R-line. This car is packaged with more power and sportier handling with the added technical know-how of Volkswagen's R GmbH. At the heart of the Passat CC R-line is a 3.6L V6 that makes 300PS and 350Nm. Zerotohundred is achieved in 5.6 seconds with top speed claimed at 250km/h. These numbers are impressive, especially since they best even the Golf R. Like the Golf R, the the V6 in the Passat CC R-line is mated to a 6-speed DSG box, and comes with 4MOTION all-wheel drive system and Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC).

Externally, the Passat CC R-line has minute touches that help to differentiate it, as well as 18-inch 'Mallory' wheels. Inside, more R-line touches are included - aluminum front scruff plates, flat-bottomed 3-spoke steering wheel, and 'Nappa' leather seats. There is also a dual-zone 'Climatronic' temperature control, DYNAUDIO 600W 10-speaker premium sound system, KESSY keyless entry and starting system, Park Distance Control with 'Rear Assist', and RNS510 touch screen radio with an integrated sat-nav system.

A total of nine external shades are offered for the Passat CC R-line: Urano Grey, Candy White, Night Blue, Reflex Silver, Light Brown, Iron Grey, Deep Black, Mocca Anthracite and Icelandic Grey. Priced at RM373,888 the Passat CC R-line is also available for booking across all authorized Volkswagen dealers nationwide.

Attachments

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would Pick Golf R anytime...Passat CC R is a bit pricey..price quite close to getting a Nissan Skyline GT-R35

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No word yet on the Scirocco R availability, but I suspect that it will be priced slightly lower than the Golf R, especially since the Golf R is meant to be top in the R line-up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Isn't this car stepping on the Golf R32's territory? Price wise too. The specs are all almost the same if not better.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Iszo, the Golf R is meant to replace the previous-gen Golf R32; that's why price and specs wise, they are roughly similar.

The one major addition to the R is the 4MOTION all-wheel drive system. I'll always remember one particular corner, taken at a rather high speed, where I could feel the rear driver-side wheel losing traction but the R just gripped and went. A slightly hairy moment for sure, and one that (I think) gave my passenger a little scare.

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Guys, don't waste your time on the Golf R, last i heard it's all sold out cause this batch brought in is for those who made booking since 2010. Unless they drop their orders and wait for the 2013 facelift. Which what im eyeing for....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are 3 types of LSD....

- 1 way
- 1.5 way
- 2 way

Currently Im using 1 way LSD only, launching the car from stand still is perfect. No more wheel spin no matter how much I floor the pedal. But 2nd gears tends to wheel spin a little (too much tork on a 2.2 engine). Overall cornering is superb can feel the grip of the tyres very well. While sliding the car, counter steering seems more responsive and easier to correct the slide.

:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience