Malaysia's First 4G Internet Cars - Proton announces collaboration with Yes

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
They should invest more on how to improve car quality rather than something like this.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
later on this car will bcome thief target for 3 units of ipad....yahoooooo....:stupid:

haywiress

Known Member
May 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Even high end cars doesn't have something like this! Proton needs some improvement on the technology. Not putting something that meant to be portable. Speaking from the consumer itself, I'm driving Proton everyday but MALU when facing the new Myvi. Luckily I have myself a conti's car for weekend drive. My first drive is also on the Proton. Why this maker making lots of facelift then introduce new models? Not being bias, this things should be done long time ago. Don't think about 'Peoples' car anymore, now everybody already rich for sake in our country.

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
Not really understand 4G + proton cars?
Maybe proton got planning future tech for new model?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Speaking from the consumer itself, I'm driving Proton everyday but MALU when facing the new Myvi.
why u feel so malu driving the proton? and why choose to drive the proton if u feel so malu den? why not drive ure other car everyday?

i drive a proton car too... i dun get the same feeling as u... just wanna understand why... of course i wished sometimes i get better a car... but talking about malu... i dun seem to get it...

and i mean yes, this new concept seem redundant to me, but still i am trying to get the idea of it....

now everybody already rich for sake in our country.
err, i believe that they are still people who are tight on budget and some who does not want to spend a lot on cars. the way u said is hinting that proton should make more expensive cars but i believe more in affordable yet quality cars...

yeah proton should improve in their quality, there are people out there who is willing to pay more for quality... and i believe quality sometimes would help those who are tight on budget when comes to maintenance.

Last edited:

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
if I am not mistaken, this is meant so that you are always 'connected'. Have a wireless service anywhere you go will allow you to always be connected to the internet.

If you search for the term always on always connected, you will find other use cases.
There are scenario where you are a businessman/woman and while having a ride on a taxi, the always on always connected allow you to be able to work while still inside the taxi.
I understand that, to some, this is not what you want. Since, 'wah, in taxi still need to work ah?".

It is just for those really really important people that must always be connected (check office mail, make important decisions on the go etc).

Imagine that you have a media server at home and this service allows you to always stream the content to your car. You dont even need to copy the files to the Ipads.
Of course, the bottle neck will then be the infrastructure. How stable is the wireless connection so that you are guaranteed that you will never lose connection.

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sounds like the vehicle can be utilised most by the passengers instead of the driver or maybe in a traffic jam...

the idea of taxi sounds great... but... majority cabbies would go for the cheapest vehicle like saga, inspira/pesona/sentra taxi are rare to be found due to cost....

the such concept are meant for chaffeur driven vehicle, longer wheelbase vehicle should be chosen instead...

maybe for the inspira of the upcoming vehicle should keep it more simple instead of having a ipad... internet not bad idea, but why not just a simple lcd screen with all the features in it like some luxurious conti/japanese cars? just my 2 cents

haywiress

Known Member
May 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
why u feel so malu driving the proton? and why choose to drive the proton if u feel so malu den? why not drive ure other car everyday?

i drive a proton car too... i dun get the same feeling as u... just wanna understand why... of course i wished sometimes i get better a car... but talking about malu... i dun seem to get it...

and i mean yes, this new concept seem redundant to me, but still i am trying to get the idea of it....

err, i believe that they are still people who are tight on budget and some who does not want to spend a lot on cars. the way u said is hinting that proton should make more expensive cars but i believe more in affordable yet quality cars...

yeah proton should improve in their quality, there are people out there who is willing to pay more for quality... and i believe quality sometimes would help those who are tight on budget when comes to maintenance.
'Malu' seems new myvi (Elegance, SE, Extreme....) is equipped more new tech because is merely same price that I bought for Gen2 CPS MC3 2010. So now you get the idea bro? Put aside the technology the powerplant is great for daily use. :proud:

More heaven during weekend with my conti's. If the next next Proton model is good then I will trade it for more great ride. Don't get me wrong, I was hoping we could have something from our country to be proud of. I only drives daily with local's. :driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
one man's meat is another man's poison...so nothing to be shame off.....if u got a car to drive, u r lucky compared to many who have tight budget n riding a bike to work breezing thru rains and shine...car is a mode of transport to bring u a to b point....
this new 4g concept...maybe there are pros n cons..lets see what are the comment after ppl tried it...hope its not a waste of money...

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
Malaysia's First 4G Internet Cars?? i prefer Malaysia's First No Power Window Problem Cars first.....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
seldom heard problem with power window for their production lately...anyway they warranty for 10 years....hope they don screw up this time.

lefties

Sep 16, 2009
penang
without internet we can see people texting sms while driving....internet car??...huhu...can't imagine:dontknow:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience