Buying a Lancer Evo?

chong82

Known Member
Jul 21, 2005
subang jaya
Does maintaining an Evo cost more than E46?
i.e. Brake Pad, New Radiator, Oil Seal Change, Air cond Compressor.
Planning to get Ver 8 and sell off my E46.
Estimating on how much to expect to fix once i got the car.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hahah.. bro EvoZ.. the number plate looks "ahem".. but... cant afford la.. hahah.. 1 oledi giv me headache. another one.. u will see me working in constrction area as jaga for part time.. heheh..
:rofl::rofl:
i for daily drive n 1 for track n touge bro....:driver:

pedanglaut

Oct 2, 2009
Petaling Jaya
this morning i went to check on an evo 7 which for sale..i found that the ACD light tarmac/gravel/snow all are ON during drive..but when turn off engine n restart, only one of those 3 is ON..but back to all ON when drive..hmm isit ACD malfunction edi?note that battery of this evo near kong oledi..

besides, the suspension of this evo is out edi n need to replace front lower arm for both..how much normally cost for lower arm replacement guys?new or halfcut?:confused:

Btw, tq in advance:rolleyes:

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
bro pedanglaut.. all acd lights on can be many reason.. need to check 1 by 1.. might b the pump, might b the oil need to change.. etc... best u search for better condition.. if can.. happy hunting.. ^^..

pedanglaut

Oct 2, 2009
Petaling Jaya
thanks guys, the price offer by seller is very tempting, 85k for an evo 7..i've survey a few ads but for an evo 7, the market price still 100k still..i'm thinking, if i could fix those problem less than 5k, i could save 10k edi..is there possibilities that i could find better condition evo 7 with 85k cash?TQ

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
85k no doubt is a good offer... but izzit worth to take the risk??? i believe evo7 market price is around 95k now... since its 2012 d... i got mine in Aug last year at 97k...
so, the offer of 85k is 10k different, lower arms n ACD prob is confirmed, n if the engine is in bad condition, u gonna definately lost that 10k, which means its not cheaper at all.... continue ur search, sure can find better car at good price as well....

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
also check on the history or record of the previous owner.. ask them on the condition of this car.. if confirm you wan to get this car then get ur mechanic to check on it 1 more round to be safe..

pedanglaut

Oct 2, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Thanks guys..about the engine, owner just plonk in new engine 4 month ago..i'm sure there is no problem with engine coz during drive test the engine is running good with standard max boost around 1.3 bar..there is no weird sound spotted just only thing bother me is the ACD indicator..haiz really in dilemma rite now:banghead:hopefully tonite no more insomnia hehe:rolleyes:

ulat50

Apr 2, 2006
hi..last time my evo 8 also got that ACD light problem..but after change the battery until now ok..maybe u can try bring 1 spare battery...wish u all the best!

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Insomnia... Lolz... Exactly war I gone thru that time...
U r buying from direct owner or car dealer??? If car dealer, how sure r u that u can believe wat he said?? N didn't u ask abt the ACD lights??? Mayb owner changed to mechanical LSD???
Hope it's only like wat ulat50 says... Then definitely a good buy...

Stock boost is 1.3bar??? How come mine only 0.8??? Damn!!!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks guys, the price offer by seller is very tempting, 85k for an evo 7..i've survey a few ads but for an evo 7, the market price still 100k still..i'm thinking, if i could fix those problem less than 5k, i could save 10k edi..is there possibilities that i could find better condition evo 7 with 85k cash?TQ
Is this the silver E7 with the standard wheels painted gold on mudah.my?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Btw is there already discussion about the difference between E9 GSR & E9 MR? Cause I know for the E8 there's quite a lot of technical difference (aluminium roof & hood, Bilstein suspension, BBS wheels, improvement of turbo & engine). But for the E9 seems not so much anymore, probably only the wheels. Can anyone confirm? Thx.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there,,pls help me on dis 2 things,,,
which one is better???wuts the pro n contra between them(emanage/afc)
fyi,i run 4g93p(gti)
n can i know the requirements to install dis piggyback??
tenks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience