My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

dgtalpunk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
hey bro.. i drive a DB8 too..

dont simply install Rear anti roll bar from Type R .. must replace the subframe like ASR..
else ur chasis koyak.. as for the front, no problem.

as for upgrading the bushes/rubbers.. i highly recommend it.. i'm using HardRace..
all 22 pcs for the suspension, chasis, excluding engine mounts.
> it corrected my rear Positive chamber.. (replaced the trailing arm bush), and increased the ride height (17" rims 215/45 tyre rubbing the fender wall) little bit.. etc.

as for UR bars.. i ordered all! (except fender bars coz of custom skirt touching the fender).. only able to install 4 point in rear trunk (required 2 drill n bolt - left n right to the bottom, and 2 bolt on straight on the absorbers), and rear lower strut bar.
as for the front, the 3 Point bar cant fit as it was obstructed by the firewall. WTF??
Front lower cant fit as the holes on it was 1 cm shorter..

check your inbox for details on FB - integra dc2/db8 club - Teggerz

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
The asr isnt a subframe replacement...its a brace...u add it on to ur current subframe...

As for the subframe tearing, as far as i know that only happens to civics due to the thin sheet metal used...especially to EKs it seems...even the EGs are suposedly more resistant to tear compared to EKs

Never heard of integras having the subframe tear issues, coz if not mistaken the subframe on integras are thicker n stronger

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I do seem to recall reading about Integras with torn subframes after installing Type R's arb, somewhere in HT if I'm not mistaken

Ling Reiden

From Facebook
Nov 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
Boring boring boring...

I was like in the workshop almost every Saturday, go kedai potong, accessories shop last year! This year I have to tie up myself from going to these places to save money. Hehe.
lucky your time stuff pricing really havent gone up much...now...adoiii:rofl:and now is my time d...Haiz...what i can says is...a road must go through like primary>secondary>college>to VTEC:biggrin:
few months of my salary cant reall save up d all go to my baby :rofl:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
hey bro.. i drive a DB8 too..

dont simply install Rear anti roll bar from Type R .. must replace the subframe like ASR..
else ur chasis koyak.. as for the front, no problem.

as for upgrading the bushes/rubbers.. i highly recommend it.. i'm using HardRace..
all 22 pcs for the suspension, chasis, excluding engine mounts.
> it corrected my rear Positive chamber.. (replaced the trailing arm bush), and increased the ride height (17" rims 215/45 tyre rubbing the fender wall) little bit.. etc.

as for UR bars.. i ordered all! (except fender bars coz of custom skirt touching the fender).. only able to install 4 point in rear trunk (required 2 drill n bolt - left n right to the bottom, and 2 bolt on straight on the absorbers), and rear lower strut bar.
as for the front, the 3 Point bar cant fit as it was obstructed by the firewall. WTF??
Front lower cant fit as the holes on it was 1 cm shorter..

check your inbox for details on FB - integra dc2/db8 club - Teggerz
Thanks for the tips and advice bro. But from what I remember, only EK subframes are prone to tear. Might be wrong. Bro, how much for the Hard Race bushes and installation?? Custom skirting on DB8? How it looks like bro? Care to post here?

lucky your time stuff pricing really havent gone up much...now...adoiii:rofl:and now is my time d...Haiz...what i can says is...a road must go through like primary>secondary>college>to VTEC:biggrin:
few months of my salary cant reall save up d all go to my baby :rofl:
My time? My time was only a few months ago la bro. If you start now, not much of a difference. Those who played VTEC in the early 2000's probably enjoyed the cheaper price for parts. Not me. Huhu.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Those who played VTEC in the early 2000's probably enjoyed the cheaper price for parts. Not me. Huhu.
i played VTEC during that time and im playing VTEC now oso... n lemme tell u... its cheaper now.

plus u get ALOT more parts availability and parts variety compared to back then....

eg... last time wanna find traction bar for EF was impossible..now.. sunway ada maaaaa

brand new adjustables for EF...not even GAB had it... now... GAB HA ada maaaa...

skunk2? that time most malaysians never even heard of the brand yet :P

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hahaha. I thought it would be cheaper back then.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
naaah...back then expensive and very hard to get parts... these days parts are easily available....so more competition la me thinks... hence the cheaper price..

back then hondata oso was very rare here... n if have oso.. it was about 4k+ iirc.... now... 2.5k siap pasang siap tune :P

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
True...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I am thinking of getting the Integra Type R decals. Mine is not a Type R. So, not too sure if I should get it. What do you think. Feeling bored not doing anything for the car so long. Hehe.

Something like this..

Attachments

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Go for it! It'll complete the look, you already have the red H emblems what..Btw,mane mau cari the decals locally ah?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Custom made. I managed to get a guy to do it for me. Gave him the dimensions and all. It's just whether I want or or not now. Hehe.
Do you want it as well? Anyone else?? I can try to get a better price. Haha.

The reason I ask whether to get the decals or not because I don't want to be another ricer. lol:driver::driver::biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha, nice quality? Got pics? I'm interested!
As for the ricer thing, well if you ask m the car looks a bit 'empty' without it, just don't go spraying your hood black and put brembo caliper covers dah la..:biggrin:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
That guy said he can do exactly the same as the one shown in my earlier post. OEM dimension, colours and font. The actual one not done yet.

I also feel the car is too clean and bored to look at. With the decals, I believe it would be better. You have a DC2?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

I own a perdana with 6a12tt engine. Recently I involved in an accident and claim insurance to fix it. Now after got my car, I notice it just took significantly longer time to start. Despite it took like a 4-8 secs cranking, it is still able to start without fail. For your info, I've e-manage blue installed. Is it because of e-manage already lost the settings due to long time (1 month +) without battery? Btw, after it start, there are no issue with idling, acceleration, boost and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience