Knuckle conversion from 4 lugs to 5 lugs

L200s

Jul 25, 2004
Wah..good responses. Thanks everyone. I might be installing 4 pot nissan this week. Found the 1 front pair 4 pot nissan but with 5 lugs. Need to tebuk to 4 lugs as well. NeuroOne...I will call u later for the tebuk one. No worries, I got your phone number and fb. Vsixers maa...

p/s: I used to own a restaurant back then in Bangi...u visited me last time. hahaha

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Wah..good responses. Thanks everyone. I might be installing 4 pot nissan this week. Found the 1 front pair 4 pot nissan but with 5 lugs. Need to tebuk to 4 lugs as well. NeuroOne...I will call u later for the tebuk one. No worries, I got your phone number and fb. Vsixers maa...

p/s: I used to own a restaurant back then in Bangi...u visited me last time. hahaha
lor.. wanzul ke? hehe. cant recognise in forum..

L200s

Jul 25, 2004
Yezza. Offline member for Vsixers. Renewing membership very soon :)

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
well the galant, eterna and i believe eclipse D32A also 5 lugs can be used.
FTO, i dono.. if wira can fit perdana hub, then it may fit..
Actually, I was refering to the Perdana itself(using my Wira as an example of using FTO parts for a plug and play 5-lug conversion).

I mean, is there a way to convert the Perdana to 5-lug using original parts from other cars? Or drilling/modifying the original hub/knuckle is the only way.

I plan to fit the Evolution 5-9's front and rear stock Brembo though.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
that's also what i meant.
first u asked if there are any other hub that fit to Perdana and i typed maybe for Perdana, one can fit in either galant, eterna or eclipse 5 lug hub.

for FTO (which your Wira is using now) to fit into perdana, i do not know.
but, if someone know if Perdana hub can fit into Wira, then the FTO hub can fit into Perdana la.
like this:
FTO => Wira
Perdana => Wira
so, FTO => Perdana
well that's my logic. hehe..
sorry if i gave the wrong answer..

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Haha.. It's ok, just some misunderstanding. I've seen a lot of people running around with 5-lugs, kinda malu to like suddenly ask them what setup they are using for the hub/knuckle.

One thing for sure, the FTO setup would not fit the Perdana since the Perdana's setup is more like a double wishbone design. FTO underbody is almost same as Wira/Waja, basically most undercarriage parts could swap over.

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
wait till u get bored with ur rims, then u fall in love with 5 lugs rim. haha.. :thefinger:
but mine is 9 holes, can fit 4 and 5 lugs oso.. hehehe..
actually it's time for me to look for another set of rim (remember about what i told u before?)
now most of the allen keys of the rim are leaking, plus got a bit bent + hairline crack..
and now looking for any monoblock rim i think (while waiting for my tabung ayam penuh laa) :thefinger:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi bro NeuroOne, I understand concept of drill hub for new hole for 5 lug. But removing the hub from knuckle will not damaging the bearing? Just curious coz somebody told me it will damage the bearing after remove hub from knuckle

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Haha.. It's ok, just some misunderstanding. I've seen a lot of people running around with 5-lugs, kinda malu to like suddenly ask them what setup they are using for the hub/knuckle.

One thing for sure, the FTO setup would not fit the Perdana since the Perdana's setup is more like a double wishbone design. FTO underbody is almost same as Wira/Waja, basically most undercarriage parts could swap over.
Actually any brakes can fit any car.. just retain your original knuckle.. mod the hub will do.. you can use any rotor and any caliper just that with proper brackets for the calipers will do.. rotor also, redrill the pcd holes and you can use it for your car already.. i've fitted GTO 4 pots to perdana (normal la), i've fitted RVR turbo front brakes to picanto, i've seen my fren's old nissan SSS fitted with Porche Cayenne 6pot brakes.. so i guess there's nothing impossible in the world of modification applies.. just that to make sure your mechanic properly secure the caliper with good brackets and rotor.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Yeah.. I do realise that, but am referring to the knuckle part. :biggrin: As a badly done knuckle might bring vibrations, so, ingat knuckle want to use OEM parts without modifying.

Brakes, well, provided the brackets are done nicely, it's true any car can fit almost any brakes. :driver:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi bro NeuroOne, I understand concept of drill hub for new hole for 5 lug. But removing the hub from knuckle will not damaging the bearing? Just curious coz somebody told me it will damage the bearing after remove hub from knuckle
no it will not damage the bearing.
coz the hub is one whole assembly which the bearing is inside the hub.
u just unscrew 4 nuts and the hub can be taken off the knuckle.

example of knuckle and hub
(picture from Mitsu Eclipse, cant find Perdana but basically the same)
1. knuckle

2.hub

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
no it will not damage the bearing.
coz the hub is one whole assembly which the bearing is inside the hub.
u just unscrew 4 nuts and the hub can be taken off the knuckle.

example of knuckle and hub
(picture from Mitsu Eclipse, cant find Perdana but basically the same)
1. knuckle

2.hub
Oooo.. then mine should be modify hub.. got mixed up already.. thanks for the pics education.. so as i was saying mod hub can le lo.. haha.. gotta edit previous misleading post..

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Ooo...OK. Maybe perdana hub design is like that. But for some car with mcpherson type, it need to be pump out bearing to get access to hub. Pump out the bearing is the process that killed the bearing.

My brother face this problem when want to convert 4 to 5 lug honda. Safer solution is change whole knuckle assy with hub.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Ooo...OK. Maybe perdana hub design is like that. But for some car with mcpherson type, it need to be pump out bearing to get access to hub. Pump out the bearing is the process that killed the bearing.

My brother face this problem when want to convert 4 to 5 lug honda. Safer solution is change whole knuckle assy with hub.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Focal Point would like to wish all our muslim customers, supporters and loyalists SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI. Drive safely. Share your love and kindness everywhere. Have a good celebration. Thank you for the solid support. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience