need opinion from sifu...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Option 1:
GO check out forged Vitara pistons. Eagle rods. Clutch could be the main issue since there's less aftermarket clutch for D's. RX7 Racing clutch can be used with minimal modification. There you go.

Option 2:
In which way ur friend is slower??? Balls are smallers to boost..? Or he's just not used to turbocharge...? Just curious.
B16A turbocharging is common. The engine is well equip with high rev configuration. Oversquare and long rod.

Few reason for slower regardless of driver.
-Tractionless after BOT due to higher torque
-Clutch failure
-Torque steer

Option 3
Hmm... Not as scary as u may imagine when u've previously owned a 600HP car

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Option 1:
GO check out forged Vitara pistons. Eagle rods. Clutch could be the main issue since there's less aftermarket clutch for D's. RX7 Racing clutch can be used with minimal modification. There you go.

Option 2:
In which way ur friend is slower??? Balls are smallers to boost..? Or he's just not used to turbocharge...? Just curious.
B16A turbocharging is common. The engine is well equip with high rev configuration. Oversquare and long rod.

Few reason for slower regardless of driver.
-Tractionless after BOT due to higher torque
-Clutch failure
-Torque steer

Option 3
Hmm... Not as scary as u may imagine when u've previously owned a 600HP car
:banghead::banghead:why many ppl wanna suan me T.T it is just stock e4 engine with 280bhp stock T.T .....

my fren is so innocent being cheated by the seller, an eg8 with rojak b16a turbo, b16a is real,gearbox lsd is real, turbo garrett ar50, injector dunno,emanage blue, thicker gasket,custom intercooler,stock absorber with cut spring, stock internal, if he always boost i think kaboom already,the retainer sound tak tak tak so loud when rev high, what make me :banghead::banghead:after heard is , he bought that car around 45k ... WTF:banghead::banghead: rich man's son.....i can buy my dream evo already......

btw,back to the main point, i might as well as going for b18cR 1st since i think it is reliable and good power rating even in stock form, 2nd, bore is 81mm i can easily kacuk toyota supercharge piston and boost it up for more horses,but of course the 2nd plan future long way to go:biggrin:

d16,after extreme modification,i just afraid of the daily driven reliability and those aftermarket parts need time and my patient to wait and source out (even i detect source for those parts) lol:biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
sell the honda and get a mazda my friend, more fun more gurls more respect :)
every brand of cars need to be respected , there is not only mazda in this world my friend, if u wan more fun or more bitch(only bitch directly jump on unknown men's luxury car), u better get BMW(bring me women)....... i am not saying mazda no good, myself like fc3s and fd3s a lot,but when u on this route, u can only keep going since u have no choice,i made my mind on honda, unless u dun mind sponsor me a mazda for carrying some bitches......FYI, my gf sit on my broken old junk orange potong wira since we know each other until now, cars are not a matter for attracting sexy babes, u watched too much movies and car magazies:wavey::wavey::nurse::nurse:

Last but not least, driving follow the rules , people will respect u more then looking at ur brand, only fast furious when the traffic is empty, my advice young man's thinking guy..:itsme::nurse:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Good to see a 'young man' thinking so sensibly.

Btw, I've been reading your posts but you never mentioned a budget. Whats your budget for all these mods?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
more or less,15k

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Are you planning to go for B18C turbo? This is gonna be helluva ride bro. Can't wait for you to start on it.:adore::adore: B18C is already damn good for me. You are gonna turbo it, can't imagine.. I'll be in dreamland. Hehe.:adore:

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
wanna be a honda purist or not to be......hmmmm both have its own path.....

interesting on how different the outcomes may be.........

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Agree with WPQ800. For me, Honda cars not meant for FI eventhough it can be done.

But if you like it, by all means go ahead. Whatever it is, I will still appreciate your effort.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
ive crossed path to work daily with few NA monsters......... also using the same NKVE or NPE highway would be few daily driven boosted beast (both turbo from factory and bolt-ons rides)....... some made me go like.........DAMNNNNNNN..... thats nice....... and some would be just plain-jane looking but during WOT, transformed to be a scary monster...... which is nice also in its own style.... some looks really fast even when the are parked....

also worth mentioning the failed projects, and few misconceptions of creations on the road ......hahahaha but thats my daily view and im loving it.....

to me, (just to me) honda should always be in its NA state...... properly tuned, it will demolished lap times created by boosted cars......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
15K budget is quite healthy. But I'm talking about a Proton, not sure about Honda. For a Proton you probably could get :

1. Forged pistons and conrods, oversized valves and springs
2. stroker kit
3. rebored and resleeved block
4. port and polish
5. complete balancing and blueprint
6. engine lightening
7. cam shafts

I'm not sure if there'll be enough to turbo the car after that. LOL I guess the alternative would be to straight go turbo with upgraded pistons, fueling, engine management and the turbo kit itself. Prob will have to be 2nd hand though (the turbo and management)

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
yup, most probably around that amount............ u could have a steady hell-thy NA baby monster...... but turbo hmmm..... plus-minus not quite enough.... labour job quite high....

also based on experience.... the thing about B series - honda (also the K series) is that u basically are spoiled for choice when it comes to performance parts.... they have i think almost 95% aftermarket parts for all components (drivetrain, powertrain, etc) available in huge range and brands and also pricetag...... (even for a particularly same item....hahaha)

same goes to popular mitsu 4g engine series.....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
15K budget is quite healthy. But I'm talking about a Proton, not sure about Honda. For a Proton you probably could get :

1. Forged pistons and conrods, oversized valves and springs
2. stroker kit
3. rebored and resleeved block
4. port and polish
5. complete balancing and blueprint
6. engine lightening
7. cam shafts

I'm not sure if there'll be enough to turbo the car after that. LOL I guess the alternative would be to straight go turbo with upgraded pistons, fueling, engine management and the turbo kit itself. Prob will have to be 2nd hand though (the turbo and management)
more or less,15k
Then B18C transplant itself could have cost the price.

ive crossed path to work daily with few NA monsters......... also using the same NKVE or NPE highway would be few daily driven boosted beast (both turbo from factory and bolt-ons rides)....... some made me go like.........DAMNNNNNNN..... thats nice....... and some would be just plain-jane looking but during WOT, transformed to be a scary monster...... which is nice also in its own style.... some looks really fast even when the are parked....

also worth mentioning the failed projects, and few misconceptions of creations on the road ......hahahaha but thats my daily view and im loving it.....

to me, (just to me) honda should always be in its NA state...... properly tuned, it will demolished lap times created by boosted cars......
U mean the 2' 15" Subaru and EVO at Sepang...?? Haha...

Well, I believe different ppl have different preference and expectation... One of my friend would leave anything else standard in all his weekend fun car. But dog box would need to be in the car before it's called drivable..

Some of my friends would BOT to anything he has even on his mom's Alphard.

It all goes back to which kind of ride paterj wants... Highway or corner, Wheel spin or traction... It's all up to you and ur driving behaviour and style.... Happy modding... Cheers.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
for 15k....

id go for a B18C GSR transplant... can get about 10k

balance 5k use for brakes, rims, suspension and tires if ur still using stock items... but if u already have all those... then the 5k can use for cams, hondata, intake manifold etc etc

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
for 15k....

id go for a B18C GSR transplant... can get about 10k

balance 5k use for brakes, rims, suspension and tires if ur still using stock items... but if u already have all those... then the 5k can use for cams, hondata, intake manifold etc etc
hondata yummy-ness!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

Anyone tried this before? I get to know a friend who did this to his car but what he said is less power produced by the engine when MIVEC is activated, why?
Thanks sifoos...

:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience