Motorized Exhaust Cutouts to switch boom volume at will - The Marketplace

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
considering local wheather & having that only one car i hev, is it water resistant/ water proof?

Ever wanted to change the volume of your exhaust on the fly? Some aftermarket exhaust systems already have integrated bypass or reroute valves built in to instantly turn a street legal sports exhaust boom into an all out racecar growl. A very naughty toy indeed.

Electonic cutouts installed on BMW E90 M3 Sedan - CES MOTORSPORT - YouTube

Some time ago I was actively searching for a cost effective solution to these exhaust cutout systems that can be sandwiched into the existing install but have found very little options that were electronically activated. Some early Apexi models operated through a cable piped into the cabin and triggered with a tug. There were also DIY-ists out there who fabricated their own with the clever use of a modified throttle body

Fortunately electronically operated ones are now made more available with more aftermarket manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon. These electronically operated versions are wired to a motorized solenoid that shuts or open a bypass valve. It also has flanges on both ends for ease of installation and removal.

Where there are sought-after products, cheap knock offs will follow. But not that anyone patented the idea in the first place. It's just nice to know people make cheaper alternatives. I found this on the marketplace just hours ago posted yesterday by andysky5, a regular here. Priced at RM580, it is not spare change nor can I comment on it's value either. But if one ever drooled over such a toy, it's quite the affordable route. Virtually stealth when the valve is closed, one can finally avoid detection from the authorities, the wife, or the parents. This is not a paid ad just in case.

For Sale: Exhaust Cutout Valve - Electonic

Application wise, you can have it bypass the mufflers altogether for the ultimate flow in forced induced cars or you can bypass certain restricted sections of the rear mufflers to achieve a louder tone, but not too overwhelming. Ultimately, the cars that will benefit most from an exhaust cutout valve are the turboed ones. NA cars, more novelty, yet priceless when a 6 or 8 cylinder is let to scream in the open. - at will

More videos of the possibilities :)

HEMI Dual Exhaust Cutout Valves- Engine Running - YouTube

bmw m5 electric cut out dmh performane - YouTube

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
helo bohh,

can ask ah?
1) wer (shop) u installed?
2) rm?
3) set back of using it - maintainence etc?
4) still using it ah? no? y?

appreciate if u can share bohh

cheers

Why say so?

Last time when i using this type of system on my Suzuki Swift 1.5,the result was awesome......it sound like a VTEC somemore at high rpm ~

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat yellow exhaust shop??? so many exhaust shop uses yellow signboard these days... just post up the shop and the location...no point wanna cover-cover.

and the price quoted....is it INCLUDING the QTP and all the works? or just the QTP?

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
hi guys,

rev performance is selling this at quite a bargain, i went to a "yellow" exhaust shop in sunway and was quoted 1500 for a QTP branded one. I really liked the finishing and found this

Products > QTP Electric CutoutsStandard Kits > Single Exhaust Vehicle Kits
perhaps the shop u mentioning it's EVERCO , SUNWAY... ? Beside Everco , N1 Racing it's one of the dealer of QTP also..but i'm not sure N1 Racing still having network with QTP :)

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/locator/InternationalDealers.php

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why say so?

Last time when i using this type of system on my Suzuki Swift 1.5,the result was awesome......it sound like a VTEC somemore at high rpm ~
Well, my car is already annoyingly loud and it's a S-Flow 'quiet' muffler. Unless I find something quieter than this it'll be pointless and how would a "straightflow" work on a 3-speed auto?

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
this thing can be put either in parallel to the existing exhaust or put in series..i put it in series. i too have a loud s-flow muffler hehe..but i think i am going to try the parallel installation after this..mine's is arospeed brand..rm 220 from kakimotor..it is the manual lever type..got 2 inch or 2.5 inch..enjoy!!

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, my car is already annoyingly loud and it's a S-Flow 'quiet' muffler. Unless I find something quieter than this it'll be pointless and how would a "straightflow" work on a 3-speed auto?
I see.... but a straightflow on a auto will definitely kills the low end torque,this will made daily driving difficult and FC suffers ~

The purpose i install a exhaust cut out is to make my Daily drive quiet and have good low end torque,using centre bullet and S-flow rear muffler....but once i get to a mountain road like Genting.etc,i ill open the cutout,this will provide much more power gains from mid to high rpm's but the low end suffers =)

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
tried it last time and it didn't last long. throttle body jammed after some time and indirectly let the exhaust fumes in my car. throw it away and just maintained using the straight flow exhaust instead.

i used the throttle body with the bicycle lever last time. it was fun tho really. :smile:

cush86

Jun 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
shop is everco in sunway, if u guys interested in qtp,i can get it in at 700 a piece.
everco selling 1.5 and 1.8 with installation.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Wouldn't that be atrociously noisy when fully open and horribly restrictive when both are closed?
what i meant is by default it would operate on full exhaust system but when the switch is flicked, valve on full system closes and the one on open header opens

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what i meant is by default it would operate on full exhaust system but when the switch is flicked, valve on full system closes and the one on open header opens
So meaning you'd need two mufflers or two systems and wouldn't that have a huge weight penalty? I'm too confused to imagine what this looks like

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently driving a Myvi turbo which i plan to convert it back to stock and sell it and get a Performance Car.
Budget is 100K and below.
in dilemma on which car i can get my hands on and which is better in term of value for money.
Currentky my options are a few
Evo 7-( Hard to get loan for 7 Years and above )
Sti 8-( Maintenance kinda hefty )
Any more suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience