Motorized Exhaust Cutouts to switch boom volume at will - The Marketplace

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Ever wanted to change the volume of your exhaust on the fly? Some aftermarket exhaust systems already have integrated bypass or reroute valves built in to instantly turn a street legal sports exhaust boom into an all out racecar growl. A very naughty toy indeed.

Electonic cutouts installed on BMW E90 M3 Sedan - CES MOTORSPORT - YouTube

Some time ago I was actively searching for a cost effective solution to these exhaust cutout systems that can be sandwiched into the existing install but have found very little options that were electronically activated. Some early Apexi models operated through a cable piped into the cabin and triggered with a tug. There were also DIY-ists out there who fabricated their own with the clever use of a modified throttle body

Fortunately electronically operated ones are now made more available with more aftermarket manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon. These electronically operated versions are wired to a motorized solenoid that shuts or open a bypass valve. It also has flanges on both ends for ease of installation and removal.

Where there are sought-after products, cheap knock offs will follow. But not that anyone patented the idea in the first place. It's just nice to know people make cheaper alternatives. I found this on the marketplace just hours ago posted yesterday by andysky5, a regular here. Priced at RM580, it is not spare change nor can I comment on it's value either. But if one ever drooled over such a toy, it's quite the affordable route. Virtually stealth when the valve is closed, one can finally avoid detection from the authorities, the wife, or the parents. This is not a paid ad just in case.

For Sale: Exhaust Cutout Valve - Electonic

Application wise, you can have it bypass the mufflers altogether for the ultimate flow in forced induced cars or you can bypass certain restricted sections of the rear mufflers to achieve a louder tone, but not too overwhelming. Ultimately, the cars that will benefit most from an exhaust cutout valve are the turboed ones. NA cars, more novelty, yet priceless when a 6 or 8 cylinder is let to scream in the open. - at will

More videos of the possibilities :)

HEMI Dual Exhaust Cutout Valves- Engine Running - YouTube

bmw m5 electric cut out dmh performane - YouTube

Attachments

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
when its closed the exhaust gasses flow through a secondary pipe through a silent muffler...

ex-owner of my car did this using a throttle body and its very effective..

motorized exhaust cutouts however, has a reputation of the motor dying in a few months, rendering it totally useless. even the "branded" ones have that reputation

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
would performance be affected since the exhaust now has a Y joint instead of a straight pipe?
for me theres a difference between open n closed... car is definitely more powerful and lighter with the cutout open..

with the cutout closed... the gasses will be forced to go through a very restrictive s-flow muffler...hence car feels heavier and choked...definite power loss there

oh n my pipe setup... with it open...its like a straight flow already.

where can i get one...!!??
try reading instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Last time I used the manual 1.... Need to pull the cable when see roadblock hehe... Noawadays got motor and surely with proper swtch....

BonesGarage

Known Member
Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
With all due respect, I think we should not publicise too much about valves like these. JPJ and Puspakom dudes might be lurking around zth, next thing you know, they will be well aware of this mod and call it illegal. Then we can't go thru inspection d

Just saying

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
About this exhaust. quite a few people have already been using it for quite a while, using the throttlebody mods. the guy who intro this to me was the ex owner of madmans car.

I used it on my 4g15,18c and b20....and it all played a very important role in performance...you will definitely feel the improvement...on WOT. its really great for those who need a balance of chillout quiet town driving and by just a thug/pull/twist...your world takes 180 degree spin.

The ones i have seen - using throttlebody. You either pull and clip the hook(not very nice in terms of comfort n cosmetic), or some guys have nicely modded using those bicycle gear lever where you just push n release(this is the best ive seen so far).

Only problem is, maybe due to carbon build up, or pressure, in tends to jamp up a bit...so just need to get it lubed so its nice and free every once in a while. but definitely worth it...the mod for the throttle could cost between 200-300+-. normally we will change to a silent muffler at the same time.

Having said this, if the manual ones also tend to jam up, im not sure how long will a electronic/motorized last...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
This has been in the market for some time now. It's pretty impressive and I wanted to get one too. But now since that the reliability of this item has been brought up, I'm holding back just yet.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
This would be awesome as it can enable us to have side exhausts..

Approaching JPJ roadblock, flick the switch, and voila.. less decibles as it goes through the rear muffler..

Pass JPJ roadblock, flick the switch, and voila.. straight pipe to side exhaust with flamesss..

Awesome!

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Those videos shown are more towards giving the 'growling' sound to the stock cars, and slight improve in performance. Won't contribute to those cars who are already LOUD and modded, I think... :hmmmm:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haiiiiiiiiiiiii.... nice little gadgets like this don't really work for automatics....
Why say so?

Last time when i using this type of system on my Suzuki Swift 1.5,the result was awesome......it sound like a VTEC somemore at high rpm ~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was browsing through the Pivot website earlier today and as I was
looking @ the Stepping Gauge section, I got curious about something.

1) Why is there a need to install such a meter in a car? The car already
comes with a RPM meter. What difference does this Pivot meter make? Why
do cars need to install things like Boost Meter, Speed Meter, Tachometer
and Shift Lamps?

2) Are such lamps only installed for Manual Transmission cars? or do
people actually install in on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience