My review on kumho ku36, and toyo r1r.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
[H] [K] [S];1063722417 said:
No kidding?! Bloated sidewalls?! Bad after sales service?! WTH?! Haiya Taiwan tires... Thanks for the info man...
yeah, but bear in mind that im not comdemning the whole federal range, it could be that particular batch of production, or just that particular size (15 inch).....in which case i dare not conclude.... but the after sale service such as claiming for warranty n replacement was pain in the a$$.......:smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Claiming time, all the same. My friend had problems claiming from Michelin and another from GY.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
of coz,claiming tire is problem for all brand tire i think.depend how u talk about problem or who u meet up?for me,i never been in claim tire so am not sure it really very hard to claim if new tire we just few week buy got problem like ....what problem u mean?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
of coz,claiming tire is problem for all brand tire i think.depend how u talk about problem or who u meet up?for me,i never been in claim tire so am not sure it really very hard to claim if new tire we just few week buy got problem like ....what problem u mean?
When doing tyre claim, try to do personally. No point going through the tyre shop or dealer. Most probably will reject.
If tyre have bulge go directly to the manufacturer service center. I think most of them have. I have been to the Dunlop one, long ago before Conti or Sime bought them over.
They will inspect the whole wheel, means tyre and rim. They look for rim damage, scratches etc. and tyre damage, like scratches, curbing etc. If nothing is found they will remove the tyres from the rim and inspect inside. In this case probably they will allow claim since cannot find damages.
They will then measure the lowest part of the thread pattern and that is your claim amount. Probably will issue you a voucher for you to change tyres at a dealer or tyre shop. Say if claim is 60% then you go and change tyres and pay 40%. If you don't like that tyre brand already, negotiate with tyre shop for other brands but ask them to make use of the claim voucher, then pay the difference....:biggrin:

najib718

1,000 RPM
Mar 14, 2008
how about Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3..?
wet and dry grip..?
read from other forum grip while going downhill is x so good.. x sure wet @ dry..
any experience from others..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
why cat claim new tire?still wan askin us pay the tire thread we have use b4...?
If tyre new, they give new tyre, but most of the time tyre already used for some time, so they give claim according to thread balance....

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

how about Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3..?
wet and dry grip..?
read from other forum grip while going downhill is x so good.. x sure wet @ dry..
any experience from others..
I had the chance to use the German Made GS-D3 last time and it was fantastic in the wet, but for aquaplaning resistance that is. For wet traction and cornering, slightly on the poorer side but not bad. Not too sure of the Thai made ones.
However this tyre is being replaced by the GY F1 D5 (Directional 5)

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
If tyre new, they give new tyre, but most of the time tyre already used for some time, so they give claim according to thread balance....

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I had the chance to use the German Made GS-D3 last time and it was fantastic in the wet, but for aquaplaning resistance that is. For wet traction and cornering, slightly on the poorer side but not bad. Not too sure of the Thai made ones.
However this tyre is being replaced by the GY F1 D5 (Directional 5)
gsd3 n gsd5 is an all rounder daily use tyre where it will give you pretty much what you need in all areas (traction in dry n wet, comfort n noise level, etc), FYI there are better all rounder tyres in the market from diff manufacturer too.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
GS-D3 tyres are pretty noisy when worn and becomes uneven.
F1 D5, not GS-D5 are new. Aquaplaning resistance is not that good over GS-D3 but improved in ride comfort and dry traction....

perdana54

Known Member
Jun 18, 2007
JB
as for me I've used R1R,Pirelli Pzero Rosso and currently running on Potenza RE001 on my PV6 all this years. all are in 215/45/17

R1R...basically gives u good grip while they are in their new condition but extremely dangerous in wet when they nearing their other 50% lifespan.
Pzero Rosso.....nuthing much as it mets its expectation....damm nice rubbers nice handling,good grip,but wear out very fast.
Potenza RE001...oni a month old....a lil bit bumpy n noisy..but seems never dissapoint me....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The Toyo seems to be like this, even the T-1R that I use before.
One month old RE-001, but RE-002 already out......??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi loyal Zerotohundred.com people,

Welcome to Malaysia, West Coast Customs!

After being kept a secret from the public for months, the news has finally been released. The guys from West Coast Customs are in Malaysia for a tour!

Many organisations collaborated to make this happen, which will be announced soon.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience