Stolen Cars Found...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
hope these b**ta**s get "special" treatment from our police. whack the shit out of them.

sixtythree

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
friend of mine who lost his eg6 few mths ago has been contacted by the police yesterday, said that his car been recovered in one piece. The prob is, the insurance already paid him for the lost....so the question is issit possible for him to return the money and take back the car? any advise from those in insurance industry?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
friend of mine who lost his eg6 few mths ago has been contacted by the police yesterday, said that his car been recovered in one piece. The prob is, the insurance already paid him for the lost....so the question is issit possible for him to return the money and take back the car? any advise from those in insurance industry?
i would like to know too. but imho, logically, the owner should get back the car and apply for new insurance and dont have to return the money.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
i would like to know too. but imho, logically, the owner should get back the car and apply for new insurance and dont have to return the money.

Now...where is the logic to that?:hmmmm:

The fact is, once the payment has been made to the car owner by the insurance company, the lost car eventhough found is considered a property of the Insurance company. You can ask you friend coz when he received his insurance money, he has already sign the ownership transfer forms with the insurance company rendering the car the property of the insurance company. Normally the car will be reauctioned or sold according the policy of the insurance company. Your friend could actually talk to the insurance company on purchasing the car back or something. Im sure they are open up for negotiations.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
oic. now, this is better. at least i learned smtg now. thanks tomei.

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Now...where is the logic to that?:hmmmm:

The fact is, once the payment has been made to the car owner by the insurance company, the lost car eventhough found is considered a property of the Insurance company. You can ask you friend coz when he received his insurance money, he has already sign the ownership transfer forms with the insurance company rendering the car the property of the insurance company. Normally the car will be reauctioned or sold according the policy of the insurance company. Your friend could actually talk to the insurance company on purchasing the car back or something. Im sure they are open up for negotiations.
Agreed.. Happen to me last time, my car got stolen, insurance is Lonpac.
Then after all the process the officer ask me either want to wait few more weeks or just sign & take the insurance money. Asked to them how about after i take the money and my car found back can i return back the money to take the car back (bcos the insurance money is very little to compare to what i already invest on my stolen sgti E3) then the answer is no. then ask about can i get priority during auction, also no.
Also i ask how about my plat number. can i use back? since that number is bought one. they said as they knw it's cannot be use back and ask me to go to JPJ.. till now havent finish with the plat number process.

If any one have face this thing please share about the process to use back the plat number from stolen ride. Of coz to use by the owner of the car/ride got stolen.

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
To those owners who managed to retrieve their car back - Alhamdulillah.
To those who are still searching - be patience, keep on praying hard, hopefully you'll get your beloved ride back.
AND to those DAMN USELESS THIEVES - hope you all rot in hell & be damned for the rest of your miserable life!!!

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Any chance the other cars found had their pictures taken?

I think i jumped the gun by not going down there today, will be going tomorrow for sure. Thanks to HKS for the heads up.

Tiara

Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Deacon , this might sound abit technical , and not often done by tuners , but by any chance you know your chasis number? it should be on your registration letter , u can try searching mudah and all , and check any suspicious cars for sale that is almost to your car modifications. Its alot of work , but some theives actually sell it off in mudah for a low cheap cost. Worth a shot to look into it =] , check chasis code if u suspect that might be your car ^^

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes! Finally these bastards are caught! :top:
Rot and die in prison you scumbags!

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Went to Serdang to check it out, only 4 honda civics as described. The other 17 that was mentioned don't exist. Only parts that have been canabalised from the others car that were stolen.

No other cars were there.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
18 year old car no choice but 3rd party. still covered for theft though.