First Impression: RCS Suspension - Velocity Sensitive Dampers

red_cloud

Dec 1, 2005
We do re-build certain dampers which we have the parts for. But these are mostly servicable dampers like, proflex, ohlins DFVs, some bilsteins, drummonds etc.

and we haven't done any Edix's yet, but customizing a set shouldn't be a problem

Nanda

MD777

Jul 8, 2009
i would like to know how much to rebuild alphard ohlins dfv?
It squeeks when turning steering and clonks
what's the cost?

Last edited:

droll

Known Member
Aug 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so let me see if i understand this. i am not a suspension expert but i know what i feel when i drive the car and i'm sensitive to that.

with this system, i have the best of both words - comfort + improved traction without having to suffer from bone jarring rides of firm suspension setups. is that correct?

only issue now is comfort and stiff means different things to different people..

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
droll: you can specify the sort of feel you want, say a known car model you've recently tested to help them help you

g4i8y0t: yes they must

lrse7en

Known Member
Apr 24, 2007
Firstly congrats to yet another homegrown full on talent backed with r & d. Up to this point i was giving up hope thinking such breed of ppl exsist no more in bolehland. Perhaps its also a wake up call for everyone else to start having more research backed into the products they sell. Its all well and fine to judge a product based on price alone but living in malaysia, we know that the price often does not rack up to the quality.

Interesting too to see aragostas and the exquisite rana springs ditched for RCS. The point to note here is that everything bought from japan does not work well on malaysian roads. In the case of absorber valving, i have only found 1 which can stand up to the harsh brutal malaysian roads. And pls stop kidding ourselves with national pride saying our roads are good. They are quite simply not. With potholes and gaps and uneven surfaces. A shock absorber has to be built and valved properly for what its about to encounter. Springs also matter, with most of the jap manufacturers offering 'out-of-the-box' rates in excess of 5kg-mm...its never going to work for a road car. Hopefully ppl can be realistic about what they are putting their tyres on. Give local TALENT a fair chance. They deserve it.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
In this case, this local talent comes with a foreign price.. ;) hope Tom's ride is better than ever.. but i can't blame Tom... he like his stuff low... his under wear he wears it so low that it's like his nuts are visible from the top.. his gals .. he only buy low cut jeans.. showing all the tips of their pubes.. (i said gals ah.. not his girlfriend.. girlfriend ada satu.. gals ada banyak..dare not offend future mrs. goh)... when he piss and shit.. he squats... really one of a kind of dude.. that's y he wants his suspension low with VERY LITTLE TRAVEL.. good to see his positive review of a local bred talent in suspension making.. if only the price is local as well.. oh well, i guess u pay for what u get... good to give old farts local talents who has been around for ages a good run for their money... competition is always healthy..at least for consumers like us

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
Hi Nanda and team,

remember seeing from another thread that you guys have one "ready made" for Impreza.

What is the spring rate and how much?

I have an 2006 STI, running stock suspension now, I find the stock is a bit "soft", as in "floating" when doing high speed, i.e. 160 and above, also it doesn't give me much "confident in attacking corners.

Love to know your suggestion, I like to keep the height at the moment, so I can still drive her around town without worrying too much on speed bump and car parks. In the same time, want it to be stiffer for high speed and corners.

Please PM also, thank you

EGK20A

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Yesterday, I did my maiden visit to RCS. Met Nanda and Tom ( finally, after years being a member of ZTH, oh yah, this ain't my 1st nick in ZTH as I forgot the e-mail password that I used to sign in lolz )!

Had quite a chat with both of 'em, and then viola! Tom's Meanie Greenie was ready for a test run and I ride shotgun with Nanda driving it.

He drove at speeds which was easily double the allowed speeds for a 2 - lane street around a factory area @ Sunway @ Horsepower St. I was gigling from the get - go....

Initially, every time the car drives over a speedbreaker at 20 - 30kph, Nanda would smile at me, and yes, I smiled back, giggling ( not in a gay - way, mind you! Lolz! ). The car, although low and firm, simply absorbed it and stayed firm, none of those aftershock - rumpin' feel with stiff suspension setups.

Slight oversteers, pin - sharp steering!

Next up, DSC... Off!

Now we're talking!

Even faster speeds ( I'd swear a minimum of 120 - 140kph easy ), and yet the car still absorbed the rutted roads around Horsepower St without losing composure or requiring more steering input from Nanda!

Around some 45 degree turns, we went at 80 - 90kph minimum with cars coming from the other side of the same corner, and again, not requiring extra steering input from Nanda and the car still kept it's composure!

Final fun... as rally drivers often do : handbrake u - turn, and the Greenie Meanie just took it in it's stride with an evil smirk! Result : a pedestrian nearby almost jumped! We waved our sorry hands towards the fella ( whom I swear still had that " Damn it u mau kill me ah? " look ) with both of us, giggling!

To surmise : I am genuinely surprised that there is a suspension, that's not only low, but firm, and yet absorbs what our " nice " rutted, potholed, undulated local roads offer, and yet, the car still doesn't lose it's composure, doesn't crash around, doesn't give that in mama kangaroo's pocket... that's way better than those really big - brand suspensions ( no, I didn't meant Tein lower end offerings, but brands like Aragosta, Bilstein, Ohlins etc lolz ), and handmade in Malaysia!

Damn u Nanda, I am sold!

My wish : I really hope RCS can be a true, one - stop, custom chassis setup shop. Not only offering suspension and spherical bearings, but perhaps custom : bushes, tie rod ends, steering racks ( Quaife racks anyone? Yummy! ), anything and everything that's connected to the lower part of a car's chassis and wheels.

P.s Nanda if you confirm wanna bring in those funky rubber - padded 4" Intercomp tire pressure gauge, do bring in padded hard cases to keep the gauge in it, and let me know as soon as you made up your mind about it as I want one. Malas mau bring in myself 'cause if buy in bulk at least will be slightly cheaper kan? ƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗ>=)ƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗɐƗƗ!!!!