Satria Neo Performance Hideout.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm, IMHO i think 14x~15x is just nice for neo, there's no need to go beyond that because SN is not build for power, it's build for its handling, that the main purpose neo chassis was design.. just my 2cent.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
FYI its hard to tune cps or campro engine up to 140-150hp on wheel. However campro and cps have alot of torque. If you can tuned up to that hp, it will no more reliable and give alot of problem especialy your engine. EMS from work is agood piggyback
Getting lots of torque after changing my air intake to open pod type. (with heat shield and cai)
Wheel spin in 1st gear and 2nd gear if i hantam kaw kaw the throttle. :biggrin:

But at corner kena berhati hati la. :driver:

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Getting lots of torque after changing my air intake to open pod type. (with heat shield and cai)
Wheel spin in 1st gear and 2nd gear if i hantam kaw kaw the throttle. :biggrin:

But at corner kena berhati hati la. :driver:
Ahhhh i really want to make CAI, or just change the air snorkel but dont want to change to open pod (still want to use close drop in). . is there any workshop with good skill willing to do it? Pm me if got any recommendation

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhhh i really want to make CAI, or just change the air snorkel but dont want to change to open pod (still want to use close drop in). . is there any workshop with good skill willing to do it? Pm me if got any recommendation
IMO, open pod only..... Oiginal air intake system is too restrictive/ unefficient.... make a few U-turn b4 masuk throttle body.

I bought my open pod piping from Lowyat. Some guy demod his Neo.
Stainless steel piping (welded joints) + apexi replica air filter (still new) for a total of rm250. :biggrin:

The piping is long so can sampai ulti in front of car battery area. Then CAI i DIY 1 hose from front bumper (cps bumper got some opening with wire mash) to the filter.

midgetBIL

Aug 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
IMO, open pod only..... Oiginal air intake system is too restrictive/ unefficient.... make a few U-turn b4 masuk throttle body.

Stainless steel piping (welded joints) + apexi replica air filter (still new) for a total of rm250. :biggrin:

The piping is long so can sampai ulti in front of car battery area. Then CAI i DIY 1 hose from front bumper (cps bumper got some opening with wire mash) to the filter.
can share some pics for your setup?

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Yup open pod is same or better at least from close but IMO it's seem 2~3 power loss is not enough for open pod to be my setup as our country air really not that good but most important is my CF R3 filter that was originally there that i love ... that's why im going for close pod with better air flow (the stock SNR3 was abit small compare to gen2cps).

BTW can share your setup? pic would be nice

midgetBIL

Aug 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
actually the stock snorkle is sort of CAI already, it's taking air from the out side instead of the enigne compartment (like in kenari/kelisa for example)

don't think it will make a huge different for you.
for open pod, CAI does help, if not, it will be sucking hot air from the engine bay.

if you insist you may DIY.
the CAI kit is universal, only RM45, wont hurt pocket much. if not working well, just discard it.
have some creativity to do your own routing.
CAI Hose Universal - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

actually the stock snorkle is sort of CAI already, it's taking air from the out side instead of the enigne compartment (like in kenari/kelisa for example)

don't think it will make a huge different for you.
for open pod, CAI does help, if not, it will be sucking hot air from the engine bay.

if you insist you may DIY.
the CAI kit is universal, only RM45, wont hurt pocket much. if not working well, just discard it.
have some creativity to do your own routing.
CAI Hose Universal - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

have you see SNR3 CAI? it so small i cant even put my hand inside plus there is rubber just before the air intake, so it limit the air flow.. and yes tested, with better air flow (remove the stock only for SNR3) it gave more tourqe (as told by one of my R3 fellows in last time TT)

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Since so many request and i'm free today. Here's the pics ~

Overall view. The heat shield is made of hard type polysterene board (bought from daiso, rm5 for a big piece), wrapped with aluminium foil. (those u use for BBQ/ Baking.

It works. The shield will be hot after driving but the piping remains relatively cold.

CAI piping to air filter.

Air comes in from the vents in the front of my CPS bumper.

Look closely and you will see the CAI piping.

COST:
Stainless steel piping + heat wrap + filter = rm250 (used stuff)
CAI piping from lowyat = rm35
Heatshield = rm5 for polysterene board + rm10 for alluminium foil( baki bayak lagi)

Thanks for viewing~ :adore:

Terrychan92

May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
421 eh bro? what brand? what is the other piping size? anyone ever use hotbits 4-1 full race for neo cps?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

bro ur car is a neo cps? how about the gab ss? the spring rate is 6k for the front? what size are ur rims n tyres bro? i want to gather feedback for my next mod
Yeaaa cps. I dunno im not so sure. Ill check soon. My tyres are 205/16/55 .

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
Yeaaa cps. I dunno im not so sure. Ill check soon. My tyres are 205/16/55 .
hoho...bro your tyre so big......doesn't it hit your fender?.....i want to change my tyre like yours but my current rim look like it will hit the fender?:bawling:

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
how much money u used for ur Mods?? total RM??
after ur modification...your fuel consumption how?? full tank can run how long??

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Oh well, nobody want to starts first then I will :rolleyes:

My Neo mods
- Full Exhaust System from Everco
- K&N drop-in filter
- Grounding Wire
- Ritz VS

with this 4 mod i can feel that my car is so much lighter and no so much oh Campro lag
how much money u used for ur Mods?? total RM??
after ur modification...your fuel consumption how?? full tank can run how long??

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Where can i make proper grounding ? or any workshop can make it?
Hi, with enough researches of points to be grounded, best cables to use in terms of thickness [awg], a good junction and plenty of cable lugs. I believe you can diy it neatly yourself as aftermarket sets might not come with exact length. Don't forget heat shrink tubes and small cable ties.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We love automotive designers. They truly allow their thoughts and ideas to run wild and are free of all marketing and sales leashes that dictate everything from a how a vehicle should look like, to which market segment it caters for, and to some extent the power figures and such. Independent designers don't have that crap around their necks, just take a look at this old-school Audi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience