Mega Gathering 2011

When should this year's Skyline Mega Gathering be held?

• Saturday, 15 Oct 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, 11 Nov 2011 (?!!)

• Some other date (it's too early to decide, let's discuss further)

• Total voters

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yeah, been in the bungalows for errm gatherings in the past. Definitely not RM1k but will be school holidays so if wanna book need to get them now or soonish. Anyway, if Yoong knows them shouldn't be a problem. Glad to help in anyway possible.

Luckily didn't pick 15th Nov - isn't that Mean Machines weekend?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Mr Nismo knows his stuff and he did a great job organizing the MLOC Gymkhana Super Series.

Click HERE for the link to the event.

I don't have a Skyline but I'd be happy to provide press coverage for you guys :burnout:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Thanks but is a time attack event what all the members want?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
[PIMPIN];1063669543 said:
Thanks but is a time attack event what all the members want?
a quick members' poll should resolve the matter on what type of event they want :wavey:

whatever it comes down to, pls reserve a media spot for me :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
a quick members' poll should resolve the matter on what type of event they want :wavey:

whatever it comes down to, pls reserve a media spot for me :biggrin:
Well the reason for choosing A'Famosa is so that all the Skyline owners could bring their families along and still have family related events/activities available. I personally feel that if we were to focus purely on time attack type of events then KL Speedcity would suffice. The whole reason for choosing A'Famosa was the waterpark, etc.

In addition, last year's gathering was mainly a giant meet and greet in a parking lot so hopefully this year will see an improvement in organization and implementation as some members would have taken the trouble to drive from other States like Johor, Penang, etc.

Loki

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whatadrive.blogspot.com
[PIMPIN];1063669876 said:
Well the reason for choosing A'Famosa is so that all the Skyline owners could bring their families along and still have family related events/activities available. I personally feel that if we were to focus purely on time attack type of events then KL Speedcity would suffice. The whole reason for choosing A'Famosa was the waterpark, etc.

In addition, last year's gathering was mainly a giant meet and greet in a parking lot so hopefully this year will see an improvement in organization and implementation as some members would have taken the trouble to drive from other States like Johor, Penang, etc.
Lets not forget our resident buayas (lets call them B & H), who will be able to make use of the waterpark facilities for their own nefarious underwater activities... :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Lets not forget our resident buayas (lets call them B & H), who will be able to make use of the waterpark facilities for their own nefarious underwater activities... :biggrin:
Of course that goes without saying :listen:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
News regarding the A'Famosa booking.

Honda has booked the place till 31st December (TheSquee, u definitely can join this one :biggrin:)

Anyways, MrNismo will try to see if Shah Alam Stadium carpark is available for the 12-13 November. Parking the Skylines would be a breeze as the space is big. We can even have a karting session for members.

What say you guys? Shah Alam & Karting?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
News regarding the A'Famosa booking.

Honda has booked the place till 31st December

Anyways, MrNismo will try to see if Shah Alam Stadium carpark is available for the 12-13 November. Parking the Skylines would be a breeze as the space is big. We can even have a karting session for members.
Bro, Honda booked the entire place for two months? That sucks.

Anyway, regarding the karting session it very much feels like something that can be organized as a casual event further down the road. Because what about those members who will come from all over the Peninsular down to KL, some of them with families in tow since school holidays, all for a karting session? How to keep the rest entertained?

Sorry I was under the impression the whole idea of the A'Famosa concept was to cater for everyone not just the owners but their wives and children too. Wouldn't that make it a more successful Club in the long run if there is some form of family involvement that way members will not only participate in future events more readily but also with the support/enthusiasm of their families?

Forgive me for voicing out especially if what I've said is misconstrued as criticism but from what I understood, the Mega Gathering was meant to be something special and memorable. At the very least, make it worth the while for others to drive from Pahang, Melaka, Johor, Perak and Penang. That's just my point of view though. If everyone is happy with karting and carpark gatherings then by all means, majority rules.

The way I see it, and I don't mean to be so blunt but if the Club's idea of a Mega Gathering is a karting session down the road in Shah Alam, then why bother registering with the ROS? I don't mean to tread on any toes nor offend anyone but surely its worth reflecting on that fact at least?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063673990 said:
Bro, Honda booked the entire place for two months? That sucks.

Anyway, regarding the karting session it very much feels like something that can be organized as a casual event further down the road. Because what about those members who will come from all over the Peninsular down to KL, some of them with families in tow since school holidays, all for a karting session? How to keep the rest entertained?

Sorry I was under the impression the whole idea of the A'Famosa concept was to cater for everyone not just the owners but their wives and children too. Wouldn't that make it a more successful Club in the long run if there is some form of family involvement that way members will not only participate in future events more readily but also with the support/enthusiasm of their families?

Forgive me for voicing out especially if what I've said is misconstrued as criticism but from what I understood, the Mega Gathering was meant to be something special and memorable. At the very least, make it worth the while for others to drive from Pahang, Melaka, Johor, Perak and Penang. That's just my point of view though. If everyone is happy with karting and carpark gatherings then by all means, majority rules.

The way I see it, and I don't mean to be so blunt but if the Club's idea of a Mega Gathering is a karting session down the road in Shah Alam, then why bother registering with the ROS? I don't mean to tread on any toes nor offend anyone but surely its worth reflecting on that fact at least?

No need to apologize bro. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do see ur point.

MrNismo is trying to find a suitable location for this event and looking at the timing perhaps choices are limited.

I agree with u [PIMPIN] that the Mega Gathering should be a worthwhile event; though while u had a more family oriented suggestion, I was thinking along of Nismo Festival lines. Whatever is the decision of the Skyliners I'm good with either, both or whatever that is decided upon.

Looking at the slowing down of responses in the forum which is partly due to the upcoming raya holidays, perhaps we could have just a gathering of Skyliners as a build up to the Mega Gathering which could be done early next year. By then I would think we have submitted to the RoS and even have the club official in order for us to move forward and organise a proper Mega Gathering (get sponsorships, liase with Nismo and Skyline clubs from other countries etc).

We do need feedback from other Skyliners as well as this is not a decision to be made by the very few. The gathering will be for Skyliners by Skyliners so any suggestions, comments and help is much appreciated.

Selamat berbuka! :driver:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
No need to apologize bro. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do see ur point.

MrNismo is trying to find a suitable location for this event and looking at the timing perhaps choices are limited.

I agree with u [PIMPIN] that the Mega Gathering should be a worthwhile event; though while u had a more family oriented suggestion, I was thinking along of Nismo Festival lines. Whatever is the decision of the Skyliners I'm good with either, both or whatever that is decided upon.

Looking at the slowing down of responses in the forum which is partly due to the upcoming raya holidays, perhaps we could have just a gathering of Skyliners as a build up to the Mega Gathering which could be done early next year. By then I would think we have submitted to the RoS and even have the club official in order for us to move forward and organise a proper Mega Gathering (get sponsorships, liase with Nismo and Skyline clubs from other countries etc).

We do need feedback from other Skyliners as well as this is not a decision to be made by the very few. The gathering will be for Skyliners by Skyliners so any suggestions, comments and help is much appreciated.

Selamat berbuka! :driver:
My bad then. I guess I was not on board with what the whole theme was as I never even considered the possibility of a Nismo Festival type event. But then again, I was under the impression that we were aiming for something along the lines of what the MLOC did previously.

Apologies to MrNismo - was not belittling your efforts or anything as I'm sure you're doing your best to get this thing up and running. At the end of the day, I guess the reality is that time isn't really on our side and we all have our own personal lives and commitments both personal and professional which require full attention as well.

In that case, if in the event there was a 'scaled down' Mega Gathering meaning slightly better than the last but not to the extent of A'Famosa, perhaps the event itself could be used to sign-up as many members for the Club while the ROS submission is being made at the same time? We don't need the ROS approval to hold the gathering, didn't stop Blood Red from pulling it off last year.

However, I feel the need to point out that as the Steering Committee or Penaja Pertubuhan, EVERYTHING to do with the Club from logo, etc is entirely up to the seven of you and upon approval from the ROS only then do people sign-up in numbers and only then would their opinion count. In other words, the Steering Committee has to step up, take the lead and pull this off. Pick a date, place and activities and then tell people about it. Waiting for suggestions only delays things further, at some point we Skyline owners need to be told rather than asked.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
RR is right, Shah Alam can be one of our leisure gathering thingy, let me try to work it out. For the Mega Gath, i'm still looking at alternatives. A'Famosa is out of the question, as least for this year.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys , recently my Wira car got some engine starting problem , whenever i started the engine , the engine will become weak , and failed to operate , this makes me everytime when starting the car , hv to accel 1st to warm up the engine it just will become stable , can somebody tell me what kind of things is spoil oledi in my car ??

sry for poor english writing !!! :tongue:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience