OMG!! Have u guyz seen this muffler??!!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
While i'm searching for an exhaust system for my beloved 'new' KE70, i stumble upon this muffler..

and I would definitely put this on my KE70 for daily driving & weekend drifting..

anyone have seen this in Malaysia?

Attachments

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wow...someone Patented it..looks cool and unique...not sure if it is good :top:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
what's not good about it?

it's a straight muffler + an S muffler built into 1.. juz need to screw/unscrew to switch from 1 to another..

:biggrin:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
How is this muffler works ? I doesn't look like those valve operated muffler like Type Rs or super cars !?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think most DC5 or even FD2R are using this type of "switching muffler" as their stock setup. I recon, Honda's design is much more better as the muffler will switch to straight flow during high-rev as there's a built-in valve inside the muffler itself.

But for KE70, just drop in a 20v with open ITB and fit a loudass muffler...drifutooo... that's the way you should be doing it :P

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the cap have to remove manually via screws? very the leceh....if u rempiting then got road block...dun tell me wanna stop by the side of the road, get out, n pasang the cap?

this is better:

‪Varex remote control muffler.‬‏ - YouTube

and most people here either use the Aerospeed Exhaust Valve Controller which limits the amount of gasses n noise

or use a throttle body which redirects the exhaust to a secondary pipe which flows out a silent muffler)

varex, aerospeed, and tb can be controlled on the fly from inside the cabin itself...no need to manually close the loud exhaust

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the cap have to remove manually via screws? very the leceh....if u rempiting then got road block...dun tell me wanna stop by the side of the road, get out, n pasang the cap?

this is better:

‪Varex remote control muffler.‬‏ - YouTube

and most people here either use the Aerospeed Exhaust Valve Controller which limits the amount of gasses n noise

or use a throttle body which redirects the exhaust to a secondary pipe which flows out a silent muffler)

varex, aerospeed, and tb can be controlled on the fly from inside the cabin itself...no need to manually close the loud exhaust

u got a point there.. i think this muffler for the low budget guyz like me :biggrin:

How is this muffler works ? I doesn't look like those valve operated muffler like Type Rs or super cars !?

need to plug the red thingy & screw to get S muffler..

unscrew for straight..

wats the price like?

dunno.. didn't find it in Malaysia

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u got a point there.. i think this muffler for the low budget guyz like me :biggrin:
low budget??

i think its better to expect those type of mufflers to be very expensive...

u want cheap....start researching on the TB setup...even a faulty TB can be used..as long as the butterfly can open and close properly.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
low budget??

i think its better to expect those type of mufflers to be very expensive...

u want cheap....start researching on the TB setup...even a faulty TB can be used..as long as the butterfly can open and close properly.
if we got some1 who can copycat this muffler, sure cheap one..:biggrin:

Malaysia Boleh :driver:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I think most DC5 or even FD2R are using this type of "switching muffler" as their stock setup. I recon, Honda's design is much more better as the muffler will switch to straight flow during high-rev as there's a built-in valve inside the muffler itself.

But for KE70, just drop in a 20v with open ITB and fit a loudass muffler...drifutooo... that's the way you should be doing it :P
hahaha.. i dont like pencemaran bunyi..

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
i want the X force....

max327

Aug 16, 2010
N/A
While i'm searching for an exhaust system for my beloved 'new' KE70, i stumble upon this muffler..

and I would definitely put this on my KE70 for daily driving & weekend drifting..

anyone have seen this in Malaysia?

since you mentioned "low budget", may be you can find an old muffler, go to the ah pek shop for some welding and get the similar thing.

i know what you are thinking,
you wanna keep it as S-flow when driving on the street, low profile...
then when hit the car park for drifting, let all hell break loose...:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Damn that's one nice piece of inovation! I think because it switches from straight to S, and not like those with a butterfly valve, it will have superior flow...