Altezza for a car-freak student?

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm still studying for now. I love cars a lot but being a student, money is still limited at my disposal(my own money). I really thought of getting an Altezza 5AT. I just would like to go from A to B normally but with a bit of style. But I have a few questions.
1) Is it okay to have the car if I have limited cash to repair the car?
2) Will it be expensive to maintain? *repairs....
3) I am looking into sub rm60+k cars. Good? Bad?
4) Or should I just follow my dad's orders and get the new city?
5) Any members selling their Altezza? Any recommendation on a reliable Altezza I can buy?

Attachments

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
i know ur feeling bro. u r torned.. ur heart wants a car that can always make u excited evertytime u drive, but ur mind says "listen to ur dad, city is more practical, saves u a headache."

here's an advise from a guy who is a fast car lover at heart, but went for a 'practical.' go for it man.. that car is a beast!! just know more about ur car, n learn to keep him off workshops in a long period of time..

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks zuruzuruz. I have a feeling that forum-ers in zerotohundred are car lovers huh? :) But I'm just worried it might give me problems. Are you an Altezza owner too by any chance? I-WANT-THAT-CAR so bad but I worry what problems may lie ahead. :(

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro....pls invest the time to read the FAQ section. All the answer is there. Start at a later page which is current. There is alot of silent Altezza Admirer out there. Alot of the people missed
the opportunity during its prime time between 1998 to 2005 cos they couldn't afford one due to many reason. Now it is quite cheap......but if you have the passion then car age & $$ shouldn't be an issue. :love:
Since you are a student I would suggest get a new car and maybe later when working if u are still are crazy about altezza then buy one cash and restore.......:proud:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
read read read ! Attend the TT's & speak to current owners. Alot of good info is gained by sharing experience and seeking advise.
Then decide to buy or not.
If i was in your position and had the cash at disposal, Id search for the best value buy I can afford.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
i dun own an altezza, but i admire them since i was in college.

dude, ure a man.. n ure still young.. workshops r supposed to be ur second home. u should not be afraid of them.. take it as an opportunity to learn more abt ur car. u hv lots of time. only when ure already working, n ure busy wit ur career n all, maybe u can take a car that is less headache.

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
i dun own an altezza, but i admire them since i was in college.

dude, ure a man.. n ure still young.. workshops r supposed to be ur second home. u should not be afraid of them.. take it as an opportunity to learn more abt ur car. u hv lots of time. only when ure already working, n ure busy wit ur career n all, maybe u can take a car that is less headache.
i can't make workshop as my second home... so.. i gave up my altezza.. hahahaha..:banghead:

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lol. Sorry guys, didn't read the FAQs. :S Altezza looks really nice and everything, I may join the party but I don't want car problems to take up more of my time than studying and gf. ;P Will see, will see. Thanks a lot guys. Replies over here more realistic and quick than in lowyat forums. Maybe it's because the threads here are meant for more specific people huh? :D Cheers guys!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Bro....pls invest the time to read the FAQ section. All the answer is there. Start at a later page which is current. There is alot of silent Altezza Admirer out there. Alot of the people missed
the opportunity during its prime time between 1998 to 2005 cos they couldn't afford one due to many reason. Now it is quite cheap......but if you have the passion then car age & $$ shouldn't be an issue. :love:
Since you are a student I would suggest get a new car and maybe later when working if u are still are crazy about altezza then buy one cash and restore.......:proud:
the chairman has spoken.
btw, it took me like 2 years to get mine. don't ask why.

i can't make workshop as my second home... so.. i gave up my altezza.. hahahaha..:banghead:
no la, u upgraded to a car with mini-cooper engine and Porsche's gearbox ma.

Lol. Sorry guys, didn't read the FAQs. :S Altezza looks really nice and everything, I may join the party but I don't want car problems to take up more of my time than studying and gf. ;P Will see, will see. Thanks a lot guys. Replies over here more realistic and quick than in lowyat forums. Maybe it's because the threads here are meant for more specific people huh? :D Cheers guys!
b'cos we care.... and sharing is caring.. :hmmmm:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
me dont mind going workshop to maintain and upgrade the car.......it also gives me chance to meet all the other altezza guys and chit chat....."Altezza Brotherhood" anyway end of the day still a toyota...so there is a certain amount of reliability.....:proud:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
..haha.. to discuss some specifications.... suspense ? come join.
if can't join daytime at trial, then join us on the same day night time on our tt, details here ---> tt_location_and_time

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience