Project Z Week 3 : Damage Analysis

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

I've recently dropped by Bandar Sunway, since I had a dinner to attend in Seri Kembangan. This time I decided to borrow my dad's DSLR and took high resolution photos of the damages or broken parts that came with the car.

The first broken part was the damaged Right Brake Lens, found in the picture attached, as above. I am not sure how much does those costs but a quick browse on eBay shows that the replacement costs goes between $50 US Dollars to $150 US Dollars a piece.

The second broken parts were the damaged/over-painted wing mirrors that are found in the pictures above. They costs about $50 US Dollars per piece on eBay. I don't think the wing mirrors can be fixed nor salvageable.

There's a small crack on the center of the right side-marker door safety lens. Although they are not important for now, but in these are needed in the future, for the sake of a clean perfect looking interior. A piece of these goes for about $50 USDs to $100 USDs a piece.

The key barrel and the door lever frame is missing from the right door of the car. The key barrel and door lever frame could have gone missing when the JPJ guys repossesed this car in the past. They must have forced opened the doors when the JPJ guys found the car in Kelantan back then and towed them back all the way to Public Bank, the legal financer of the car back then. Hopefully, Edison is able to help me source a new set of key barrel and frame.

The rear wiper assembly including the motors, blades and wiper arms are gone. Hopefully, there are some half cut shops happen to stock them or its eBay again. Price is unconfirmed, as I haven't found one surfaced on eBay yet.

Next on the problem list are some notable rust on the front top part of the roof. These rusts look nasty. There were also rust at the rear top part of the roof, but not as bad as the front. There were also some rusts near to the fuel filler cap and the wheel arch. I'm sure these body panels can be saved by our rust and chassis restoring experts at Playhouse Garage.

This project would be a long and painful one. I hope I would be able to find some sponsors to help out in this project. In my honest opinion, finding a sponsor isn't as easy as it seems, especially when it comes to finding sponsorships locally. I hope these guys are able to see the benefits to help me in the project. This would give great exposure to the public masses, that a Supercar beater can be built and achieved within the budget of RM50,000. Let's hope for more good news!

P.S. A rehash of what we need from the sponsors, hopefully be able to find some by 15th June 2011 (cut-out date):

1) Engine half-cut, looking for a Nissan RB26DETT, either stock or tuned (or RB30 engine block)
2) Bucket seats
3) Intercooler system
4) Braking system
5) Suspension system
6) Tyres
7) Rims
8) Bodywork restoration and rust repair (Nominated : Playhouse Garage)
9) Paintjob
10) Bodykit
11) Audio system
12) Lighting system

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
lol the resto approach on the s600 and the nissan would be completely different. the chassis is suffering from fatigue and needs major strengthening, so that the car can take up enough amount of horsies!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
visited this car in sunway earlier today... sorta like a family reunion... elder brother (1984) meeting younger brother (1987) hehehe

here's some pics to share

kevin's car is definitely in a sad state right now, but there's nothing to worry. it'll be revived soon...

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
it seems really worn out. but once u revived it, its gonna be a beautiful monster. good luck bro!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
visited this car in sunway earlier today... sorta like a family reunion... elder brother (1984) meeting younger brother (1987) hehehe

here's some pics to share

kevin's car is definitely in a sad state right now, but there's nothing to worry. it'll be revived soon...
thanks for doing a nose to nose shot, haha, i hope people in zerotohundred.com will find it beautiful and keeps my sponsors rolling, lol! cant wait to sit in your car, bro :D

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
wow thanks for the headsup, i shall pm the guy then, hope its not too expensive!

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
The red car's face with the headlamps out really looks like a sad and tired face. :P

Great project! All the best! :)

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
whatever parts that is on offer, id take it for it now, need a good portfolio first!

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Did you thought of asking the newpapers like The Star to publish this for more exposure thus more sponsorship opportunities?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is a model of this rim available for malaysia car's which will fit well without spacers ?
like something that is not so wide. for 16" or 17" ? been looking for one but usually all very wide. 9JJ 10 JJ..im talking about something like 7JJ .

something that looks like this

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/morteza69/bmw_m3_e46_rota_grid_1.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience