FT86 spotted undergoing Nurburgring testing

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s like a rite of passage for any performance-oriented car to undergo testing and development at the famed twisted asphalt of the Nurburgring. Numerous spy shots of camo-wrapped mules or new models being flogged on the Green Hell are greeted with a cocktail of excitement, anticipation and sometimes even disappointment as the fabled lap times don’t quite measure up.

I say this with much hesitation but I honestly do believe that this could be the most anticipated car to hit the ‘Ring this year and the mix of feelings that enthusiasts must be undergoing probably can’t be expressed as the words to describe them haven’t been created yet. Perhaps in the distant future beings of higher intelligence will descend on us and expand the English language but until then, try to keep it in your pants please.

For the first time, the FT86 has been spotted in the quaint town of Nurburg, home to the Nurburgring. Although there aren’t any shots of the car on the track itself, trust us, it was there. The shots from the guys at the FT86club.com show the car in heavy camo, so much so that it’s hard to distinguish if this is the Toyota or Subaru version.

Don’t be fooled by the STI rims as it could be a ploy to throw off unsuspecting observers. Nonetheless, the fact that one is being tested on the ‘Ring is sufficient to make us happy. The drivetrain and powertrain of the car is more than we could ask for already, classic front-engined, rear-wheel drive with a proper manual gearbox.

The fact that data gathered from the ‘Ring testing could be used to make it tighter is just an added bonus at this point and we’re sure that more ‘Ring sessions will be ahead for this mule as they edge it ever closer to production spec, at which point we could sell our souls to Lucifer to get one.

Source: FT86club

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience