Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ouh thnx 4 da info. dunno la my fren wanna do it.. i oso pening how come campro can be this unreliable...
I think it happens to most of the newer engine too... Sr20, myvi engine and etc

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw do u think skimming + timing belt and piston ring replacement = rm1500 is normal?
sounds ok for campro/other newer engine...

coz me do topoverhaul on my satria engine last year reaching rm1k....

and even my fren's 4g13p do top overhaul oso rm1k few days ago.. (do at diff workshop)

piston ring shud cost around rm200....so plus labour of full overhaul job i think it was quite reasonable price...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
sounds ok for campro/other newer engine...

coz me do topoverhaul on my satria engine last year reaching rm1k....

and even my fren's 4g13p do top overhaul oso rm1k few days ago.. (do at diff workshop)

piston ring shud cost around rm200....so plus labour of full overhaul job i think it was quite reasonable price...
Walaneh!!! Seems a little overpriced to me.

I had mine:-

RM128-viton valve seals
RM190-1.5mm gasket
RM180- workmanship to machine the valve seat and plonk in new valve guide
RM192-valve guide
RM160-8 intake valve
RM100 workmanship to reinstal the head.
RM35 skimming heads

Total=RM985

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Walaneh!!! Seems a little overpriced to me.

I had mine:-

RM128-viton valve seals
RM190-1.5mm gasket
RM180- workmanship to machine the valve seat and plonk in new valve guide
RM192-valve guide
RM160-8 intake valve
RM100 workmanship to reinstal the head.
RM35 skimming heads

Total=RM985
well ideally thats was the list....

but in real life is....theres some other parts need to be replaced also prior to top overhaul(mostly due to overheating)

-waterpump
-radiator hose
-waterpump pipe
-timingbelt (snapped/old)
-radiator flushing
-engine oil+oil filter
-new coolant

if u add those...then u'll understand why i quoted a bit higher price... :adore:

*blood....maybe u can ask them full quotation of replaced parts and labour

Last edited:

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
Just out of curiosity,does these problem among campro still persist?Still got cases such as this nowadays?From what i heard,this is a batch faulty.Some said it's the design of target wheel dat causes this issue.So, can anyone enlight me with the info...batch problem or design problem?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think it is more to batch/manufacturing problem....

coz if not mistaken sifu drex order new crankshaft oso one time got imperfection....so return back and newer one doesn't have problem....

i think the thread of rebuilding campro by drex was somewhere in zth....forgot where

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
well ideally thats was the list....

but in real life is....theres some other parts need to be replaced also prior to top overhaul(mostly due to overheating)

-waterpump
-radiator hose
-waterpump pipe
-timingbelt (snapped/old)
-radiator flushing
-engine oil+oil filter
-new coolant

if u add those...then u'll understand why i quoted a bit higher price... :adore:

*blood....maybe u can ask them full quotation of replaced parts and labour
Sorry, I didn't know u were quoting. I though ur car were sent to workshop with that price. I did a cylinder head overhaul. Which is why it's costly. Normal top overhaul doesn't involved so many parts.

Just out of curiosity,does these problem among campro still persist?Still got cases such as this nowadays?From what i heard,this is a batch faulty.Some said it's the design of target wheel dat causes this issue.So, can anyone enlight me with the info...batch problem or design problem?
I heard of the target wheel too. Somehow only cylinder 1-4 matches the tdc, but the 2-3 cylinder didn't when the target wheel is turned 180 degree. That's what I heard. Just sharing, no offense.

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Putting the target wheel on the *inside* of the crankcase with the crank angle sensor located so close to it seems to be cause of the problem, because it seems like in all the cases, the destruction of the target wheel leads to the fracturing of the flywheel-side of the crankshaft, the same area the target wheel is mounted.

Could it be that power shifting or clutch-dumping at high-revs result in momentary shocks that are not properly absorbed/dissipated by the crankshaft end/thrust bearings, thus causing the target wheel to be deflected towards the crank angle sensor?

Apparently the 4G18 crankshaft has similar dimensions to the S4PH's crankshaft, except that the balancers are a bit larger and thus the crankshaft housing needs to be skimmed a little for more clearance. I wonder if anyone has modded the 4G18 crank into the S4PH block, and used a crank pulley similar to the 4G15 SVDO's, with the target wheel located externally, and use it together with the 4G15 SVDO's external hall-effect crank angle sensor.

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
Only campro carries a design which have target wheel inside the crankcase?does other engine design do the same way?If only campro does dat, meaning maybe the campro design have weak spot but if other engine maker does carry the same design,maybe its a material failure...Just wondering...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Putting the target wheel on the *inside* of the crankcase with the crank angle sensor located so close to it seems to be cause of the problem, because it seems like in all the cases, the destruction of the target wheel leads to the fracturing of the flywheel-side of the crankshaft, the same area the target wheel is mounted.

Could it be that power shifting or clutch-dumping at high-revs result in momentary shocks that are not properly absorbed/dissipated by the crankshaft end/thrust bearings, thus causing the target wheel to be deflected towards the crank angle sensor?

Apparently the 4G18 crankshaft has similar dimensions to the S4PH's crankshaft, except that the balancers are a bit larger and thus the crankshaft housing needs to be skimmed a little for more clearance. I wonder if anyone has modded the 4G18 crank into the S4PH block, and used a crank pulley similar to the 4G15 SVDO's, with the target wheel located externally, and use it together with the 4G15 SVDO's external hall-effect crank angle sensor.
different stroke...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why is my radiator got mixture of oil wit water? I did flush the radiator n fill it back wit water and flush it again the next day. The result still the same. I wan to know where is the oil leak in and wat is the negative thing will happen?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience