Antiroll Bar, Sway Bar

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
deathzone, how does your car feel after installing the lower arm & brace? does it feel more rigid? I'm thinking of getting them also..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the brace does nothing on handling... its merely to minimize the chances of ur subframe from tearing.....

i oso just installed the ASR last week in my EG6...along with a set of 2nd hand Blox lower control arms....they definitely look sick....can barely stop looking at them ahahhaha

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You guys haven't seem function7's brace yet. That one is even nicer looking. I don't think it is as cheap though. Thanks madman, I was thinking mine was fake, because of that one hole that didn't fit, but from the article, i've confirmed it's original. Bought it from Alaniz, they offered to take it back, but after seeing shipping cost, decided to just mod it.

The handling will be different depending on what arb you put in. Since ori honda has 23mm the largest, I use that. Also have a 22mm, but I like the 23mm more. For eg subframe brace not really required. No one breaks the subframe of the eg with big arb as far as I know. The only problem is locating a u bracket and bush to fit, or for some, mod the ori bracket to accept the bigger u bracket of the dc2, or find a dc2 arb subframe bracket.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
actually... function7 arms and brace arent that much more expensive...

considering ASR brace is around 8xx in malaysia... F7 is around the same price...

so is F7 arms when compared to ori Skunk2 arms in malaysia..

only thing is... it gets expensive when shipping to malaysia is involved...

best part about F7 is that their bushings are made by Energy Suspension according to their specs... and they have a lifetime warranty on their arms and brace.. even the bushings are included in the warranty...but whether or not the warranty extends all the way to malaysia is a diff story.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually most big company honor their warranty even though we're Malaysia, but shipping back (for some, you have to pay the shipping both ways) to them is always borne by the customer, that's why I didn't take the ASR warranty, although they would ship it to me free, I'd still have to pay to send it back to them.

I'm not sure about the pricing of the F7 since I know if it's comparable, it will make me sakit hati only.. so now you've caused me a bit of sakit hati. heh.... but nvm, what's done is done, but for future buyers of subframe braces, can look up function 7, they look way better than ASR.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Bro, anybody tried ek9 crossmember set? Will it improve my handling compare to stock EK4 since both EK9 and EK4 front ARB size is the same.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ek9 arb is same size? I thought should be bigger? Afaik for anti roll bars, usually the size represents it's torsional stiffness, unless it's made from different alloys. steel is usually a material of choice due to it's ductility.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
ek9 arb is same size? I thought should be bigger? Afaik for anti roll bars, usually the size represents it's torsional stiffness, unless it's made from different alloys. steel is usually a material of choice due to it's ductility.
As far as i know ek4 and ek9 front arb is 26mm. But lets say if i change the whole crossmember set to ek9, will it improve the handling compare to stock ek4 crossmember set?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Crossmember, as the front one?

AFAIK, there's no crossmember for the rear, only the subframe that holds the LCAs..

I don't understand the question.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
in fact i plan to just change my steering rack to ek9. my question is can i just change to ek9 sterring rack without changing the whole ek9 crossmember set since the front antiroll bar is same size with my ek4.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
in fact i plan to just change my steering rack to ek9. my question is can i just change to ek9 sterring rack without changing the whole ek9 crossmember set since the front antiroll bar is same size with my ek4.
i had to change my eg6 steering rack the other day coz of leaks.. so i changed the whole set straight to dc2-r crossmember set. was advised to do that one shot. makes it easier oso for the mechanics.. coz they just remove the whole thing and pasang balik the new set... takes about a day.

handling wise im not sure... coz my old front arb was already dc2-r arb...but i did manage to get a better turning radius and more steering turn (before lock) than the old steering rack

ek9 (front and rear) antiroll bar fit into eg6?
not sure about EK9....but DC2-R confirm can fit coz im using it... i also have one extra for sale.. can see my siggy. PM me if ur interested.

for EK9 crossmember set, i was told that u can fit into the EG but just need to reuse the old rear mounting. not sure about ARB etc etc though

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
your foremen will be crying when u say "change steering rack only la" cuz it requires alot of disassembling just to reach there...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai all,
U r invite to advice for me that...
What is the function or improvement can be produce after install an adj can pulley???

Pls kindly answer me yoh!!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience