rally school!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no official rally school here as far as i know...

but faidzil alang got fa racing to cater for driver who wants to learn race-driving..including rally....

or u can join any rally club to get involved in rally activity including non-formal training... :adore:

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

no official rally school here as far as i know...

but faidzil alang got fa racing to cater for driver who wants to learn race-driving..including rally....

or u can join any rally club to get involved in rally activity including non-formal training... :adore:

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Yup, you can enquire FA Racing school or you can even use your own road car to join the only grassroot event on gravel, Rally-x, just to taste a bit of rallying.

As for my case, I was fortunate to enter & won the 2nd season of tv reality show in search of rally driver, Zero2Hero. The 1st season winner is the younger brother of FA Racing founder & also an active forummer cum drifter, Faidzal Alang.

Just drop me a PM if you have any question.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Keng...congrats! i saw the website but coulcnt catch the shows on astro(no astro here)

so whats the plan for u now?

about the rally school...what are the requirements n costs? i think this 2 very important since u should know most ppl interested cant join cos its too expensive and those who can and have already joined dont have to worry bout costs...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...to start rallying u need a rally car...

basic safety as rollcage,a good suspension,a good brakes was a requirement....(not to forget small fire extinguisher can be handy)

forget all those fancy engine power upgrade..the most important part is practice...as well as finding a good rythm with your co-driver

:adore: that was my tought....

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

well...to start rallying u need a rally car...

basic safety as rollcage,a good suspension,a good brakes was a requirement....(not to forget small fire extinguisher can be handy)

forget all those fancy engine power upgrade..the most important part is practice...as well as finding a good rythm with your co-driver

:adore: that was my tought....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
1st step aredy tak mampu loh pomen.

i saw an article in fifth gear there are lots of rally school in europe that provide old cheap cars for initial training...but of cos thats europe la.

another pre-requisite is FR cars rite? i noticed that very rare wanna find FF rally car nowadays.

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Keng...congrats! i saw the website but coulcnt catch the shows on astro(no astro here)

so whats the plan for u now?

about the rally school...what are the requirements n costs? i think this 2 very important since u should know most ppl interested cant join cos its too expensive and those who can and have already joined dont have to worry bout costs...
Thanks, we've just finished the 2010 season last weekend & am very please with the result.
The next plan is to secure a drive for next season & do the very best to get an even better result.

I'm not too sure about the cost of rally school but advices will only cost you a cup of teh tarik hehe.

I can assure you that it won't be cheap if you want to prepare a rally car properly. Like what ^pomen mentioned, roll cage, fire extinguisher & 4 points harness are the things that you MUST have for your car pass the scrutineering. To run competitively, you'll need better suspension, brakes, transmission + lsd, etc.
You might be better off buying a used rally car to save you the time & labor but beware of the work that you'll need to do later coz the car must've gone thru 'some' abuse.

Well, those who have join will have to worry about the running cost too. Another alternative that you can consider is to hire rally car + service crew. I've heard the price starts as low as 5k & up to 20k. The rally team i'm rallying for provide such service, MRU Motorsports

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

i saw an article in fifth gear there are lots of rally school in europe that provide old cheap cars for initial training...but of cos thats europe la.

another pre-requisite is FR cars rite? i noticed that very rare wanna find FF rally car nowadays.
Nope, there's no drive train requirement but if I have to compare them both, FF is easier to drive than FR on loose surface.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

yeah..uk got alot of rally school....

not only fr...any drivetrain would do..

FF car was common lah in rally....look into s1600 category (junior WRC) :biggrin:

in fact..in malaysia most of rallycar was FF other than AWD....kancil oso can ma...starting cost only a bit pening...but after u setel with the car part then its ok lor..similiar to track car also...its just different type of suspension setup only....

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

keng..u work with mru ah???

got any cheap rally tyre (2ndhand) to let go??? PM me if got.... :biggrin:

other LSD oso i wanna ask if u got for 1.6 4g92...

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
yeah..uk got alot of rally school....

not only fr...any drivetrain would do..

FF car was common lah in rally....look into s1600 category (junior WRC) :biggrin:

in fact..in malaysia most of rallycar was FF other than AWD....kancil oso can ma...starting cost only a bit pening...but after u setel with the car part then its ok lor..similiar to track car also...its just different type of suspension setup only....

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

keng..u work with mru ah???

got any cheap rally tyre (2ndhand) to let go??? PM me if got.... :biggrin:

other LSD oso i wanna ask if u got for 1.6 4g92...
They're my main sponsor & now become very close family friend like.

I'll try to ask around.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi Keng,

Kindly PM me also if you have rally tyre.
Look forward to fit around 235/45 or 50/17

Thanks in advance.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi Keng,

Kindly PM me also if you have rally tyre.
Look forward to fit around 235/45 or 50/17

Thanks in advance.

kawan..where got rally tyre 17inch in malaysia?? :hmmmm:

15inch was the usual size....previously during silverstone malaysia produce got 14inch tyre...now silverstone malaysia stop produce rally tyre..really headache to buy new one..so expensive for miskin guy like me.... :adore:

keng...then i must go and tt with u like this...sure can help me intro to these guy.....i'm new to this scene...but my father was ol-timer in rally...just not as famous as karam la..... :biggrin:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
^pomen_GTR^,

Thanks for the info, just an option for me since I run on gravel.
Not really Rally but want to try. If not I just run on normal tire la...

In order to down size the rim to 15 inch will cost me bomb.
Unless I really serious to convert the car to fully Rally car.
But my driving skill very bad to be Rally wannabe.

Other option is to use snow tire, some recommended it.
Maybe can get from second hand tyre importer... Maybe...:hmmmm:

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
kawan..where got rally tyre 17inch in malaysia?? :hmmmm:

15inch was the usual size....previously during silverstone malaysia produce got 14inch tyre...now silverstone malaysia stop produce rally tyre..really headache to buy new one..so expensive for miskin guy like me.... :adore:

keng...then i must go and tt with u like this...sure can help me intro to these guy.....i'm new to this scene...but my father was ol-timer in rally...just not as famous as karam la..... :biggrin:
Yup, you're right about this. Since everyone is running on 15s, it's easier to look for rims also.

There won't be any gathering in the near future but will keep u guys posted of new events.

Who's your dad? I may not know but the oltimer might.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

^pomen_GTR^,

What car are you driving pangyau?

Yes, I've seen some rally cars with snow tires coz they claimed it handles well on mud, not dry gravel though.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
^pomen_GTR^,

yep..if u don't want to change the rim then u can opt for snow tyre from japan...they were good on gravels too...especially muddy/wet gravel....for fun also alright what....

Yup, you're right about this. Since everyone is running on 15s, it's easier to look for rims also.

There won't be any gathering in the near future but will keep u guys posted of new events.

Who's your dad? I may not know but the oltimer might.
What car are you driving pangyau?

Yes, I've seen some rally cars with snow tires coz they claimed it handles well on mud, not dry gravel though.

shafie and omar pairing using green satria from negeri sembilan....i think mru guys know them... :adore:

GABrally

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
hahaha... thot this thread i started using my old nickname died already! rally is the best! but the cost is very high. since cant really afford to join/make own team so next option is can only watch. then theres the next prob. some rallies are too far from klang valley. perlis la, t'ganu la, johor la. good thing a few months ago theres a rally in sepang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My door actuator sometimes not working and i'm think to diy changing the door actuator(driver door actuator). I went to 1U Eneos to buy the door actuator but i found out there are 2 types of door actuator (2 wires and 5 wires door actuator). Which one to buy:confused_smile: ???Pls help me......thanks.....:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience