Motorsport is all about passion, excitement and adrenaline…. plus of course, money and business!
The Global Motorsport Industry in the UK alone as a business is estimated to be worth in excess of US$ 13 billion. With Formula One as the pinnacle, global motorsport as an industry is one of the most technologically advanced, packed full of technical innovation, which in the spirit of pure entrepreneurial competition, is the ultimate high pressure proving ground.
Racing teams and drivers have an insatiable appetite for money.
Now more than ever it is imperative to look after sponsors. To achieve this, many use the “Octopus” principle, based on putting your arms around the partner to give them a big loving cuddle, whilst ensuring that there is no room for them to escape!
A very important element of partnership activation is being able to guide the sponsor and translate their creative ideas into a practical workable solution. Companies need to activate their sponsorship investment to secure a return on investment. Apart from PR, media, marketing, advertising, entertaining and promotion, many companies are now using motorsport as a motivational illustration of business lessons that can be learnt from the sport, such as competition, precision, teamwork and communication.
The global motorsport industry has now developed beyond being just a business based on motorsport. It has become the ultimate breeding ground for unparalleled technical expertise and fresh thinking which can be channelled into a range of improved solutions that can enhance performance, cut costs or increase efficiencies and motivate staff.
The timing could not be more perfect for its further development in Asia!
To learn more about the Business of Motorsport, join us at the Singapore Grand Prix for the Motorsport in Asia Business Forum. This is an important event for anyone involved in the motorsport industry, or who is looking to get involved. From young karters and junior formula drivers, to professional racers, race promoters and circuit management, you will learn about effective sponsorship, the business of F1 and motorsport in general.
Held at the Ritz-Carlton Millenia in The Podium Lounge space, guests will be close to Gate 10 of the circuit and only 200 metres from the Paddock.
The Speakers currently confirmed are:
– David Sonenscher, one of Asia’s leading race promoters
– Alexandre Gibot, Head of Porsche Motorsport Asia Pacific
– Alex Yoong, ex F1 driver, Audi R8 LMS Cup Triple Champion, Fox Sports Asia F1 expert
– Andreas Schicker, Head of e-Sports & Gaming, Logitech
– Andrew Denford, Founder & Chairman of F1 in Schools-
– Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, Global Motorsport, Nielsen Sports
– Lee Lung Nien, President, Motor Sports Singapore
– Peter Burns, Ex F1 McLaren Marketing Manager, Partner Asia Motorsport Development
– Ben Potter, Editor in Chief, Pit Talk Asia, Founder Asia Motorsport Development
– Charlie Charters, Director Winterhill Hospitality
The topics to be discussed includes:
– Business lessons that can be learnt from motorsport, ie competition, precision, teamwork etc
– How a sponsor can use Motorsport to promote their brand
– How to maximise business to business and networking through entertaining and hospitality
– How to activate sponsorship for a return on investment
– How people now consume motorsport in the digital era
– How to grow motorsport in Asia
– How to attract more women in motorsport
– How to nurture future motorsport talent of Asia through e-Sports
All forum tickets give free entry into the premier F1 after-party- The Podium Lounge. This year VIP entertainment includes Grammy Award winning artists Macy Gray and Coolio, along with Pixie Geldof, Giancarlo Fisichella and more. Meet F1 stars of past and present as they attend this awesome party.
For more information, please visit: